Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Want real change? Easy solution....Don't vote!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Uh, Let's keep it on topic and friendly , Please.

TIA

*do not respond to this post in thread*

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akuhei
Yes, it's a complete and utter sham, but you know what? If you don't vote for someone, you don't have the right to complain about whoever the president is after they take office. If you don't vote, the talking heads will get into office anyway. You're just displaying complacency with the system.

You don't exercise your right to vote, you might as well have lost it altogether.

This. If Obozo is elected again, I am done anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well you have that right not to.
That's fair it just seems a waste to me is all

it isn't a waste if it isn't there to begin with, while there also being nothing to gain.

peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Regardless of what you vote, the electoral college has the final say anyway. The US is a representative democracy, not a direct-democracy, and if your so-called representatives are bought and paid for (lobbyism) then it's time to try a different approach.

The US is a Representative Constitutional Republic not a "Democracy" I wish people would get that straight.

I agree with some of what you've said but IMHO if you havent served or excised your right to vote then you have no place to bitch moan or complain.

Correct.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

That's what this is all about. You don't want the system to work so you wont participate then sit back and say

"See it doesn't work"

I've seen this argument and tactic a few times especially around last election.

You have a right not to vote.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That's what this is all about. You don't want the system to work so you wont participate then sit back and say

"See it doesn't work"

I've seen this argument and tactic a few times especially around last election.

You have a right not to vote.

i didn't have to sit back and refuse to participate to be able to see that it already doesn't work.

it doesn't work, and it continues not to, as long as people believe in it.

that's the whole point, it is designed by the powers that be, to specifically not work as long as people believe in it.

not work for "we the people" that is. but instead, it works very well for "them"

its strange, almost as if "they" are expecting a climax, like they want it to eventually fail.

peace.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Most of the hard working men already sit it out. We don't get cushy holidays like vote day off from work.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I'm trying to understand. Your less than 10,000 non votes are going to effect 360 million people how? I don't see it. Please expand and discuss or better yet demonstrate how I may better utilize my resource.
edit on Thu Aug 2 2012 by Jbird because: replaced large quote with reply to

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by otherpotato

Not saying this is necessarily what I'll be doing (or if I will even vote - does it even matter? I'm thinking it only matters to people who have money and want to keep it. I have NOTHING to lose) - but it's interesting how opinion has started to shift. Robamney is not the answer.

Quitter?

Glass half empty?

Meh!!

You’ve got to keep fighting, Nancy!

The time is now!

you say im shameful for not voting in another post, but you call user-otherpotato a nancy and treat them like a pessimist because they point out a very interesting mindset.

but in my honest opinion i believe you contradict yourself, because i believe (again, in my honest opinion) that no matter how hard you vote for what you think is right, that "they" (the politics) will never give you or, "we the people" what we want, need, or even what we deserve.

"they" will always get what they want in an election because they own it all, and control it all.

if we would all refuse to vote, we could metaphorically pull the rug of power out from under their greedy slippers made out of american tears, and take back our freedom, by denying and refusing the corruption and the disparity that they force on our lives.

peace.

Let me tell you the process I use for voting for a candidate. I look at certain things, in this order:

1) Do you believe I am an incubator? Because if you think a fertilized cell can become a person without the benefit of my body then I got news for you - it can't. So being on the wrong side of that fence gets you excluded.

2) Do you believe that two people who are of the same sex shouldn't get married? Why? Because of the bible? Being on the wrong side of that fence gets you excluded.

If I decide to vote then I vote for the candidate who meets requirements one and two. Always will because it directly matters to me. Call that party lines. I call it basic human rights. Can't understand why they're not a given but apparently they still need to be fought for.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Everyone is complaing about everything from the impending war on Iran and Syria to which candidate couldn't care less about the average Joe. A two-party system is designed to fail it's citizens and make it a lot easier for corporations to buy the votes from both sides of the isle.

If you really want to shake up the system. If you really want to get international attention to the rampant corruption of the US Gov then the best thing to do is to stop perpetuating it, by voting in these mock elections.

Regardless of what you vote, the electoral college has the final say anyway. The US is a representative democracy, not a direct-democracy, and if your so-called representatives are bought and paid for (lobbyism) then it's time to try a different approach.

In closing, a vote for any of the talking heads this November is a vote for (big) business as usual. This can be the beginning of a movement that is uncorruptable...uninfiltratable (if that's a real word) and guranteed to get the message out that we will not tolerate treason anymore.

Make t-shirts, signs and bumper-stickers. Post on Facebook. This movement has no leader to be bought, killed or discredited. It's a movement, by the people, for the people.

i agree that its a good idea to simply NOT VOTE!!!

i doesn't matter who you vote for, they get what they want anyway!

democrats and republicans are on the same team and pretend to just disagree on tiny meaningless differences and details, BUT THEY ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!!

when someone says YOU HAVE 2 CHOICES, my way or the highway.

heads i win, tails you lose.

A give up or B surrender.

YOU CAN CHOOSE C! YOU CAN CHOOSE OPTION 3. NONE OF THE ABOVE.

i do not like ANY of these guys.

don't vote, it only encourages them.

if nobody voted, they wouldn't be able to lie and say "so and so bla bla bla many people voted for this guy"

nobody voted for ANYONE because they all are on the same team.

I CHOOSE OPTION 3.

********** off politics.

poli = many tics = blood sucking creatures.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace.

I'm trying to understand. Your less than 10,000 non votes are going to effect 360 million people how? I don't see it. Please expand and discuss or better yet demonstrate how I may better utilize my resource.

what im saying is: that if we ALL decided to not vote, we could make a difference.

1 person just not voting is going to be unnoticeable, and most likely wont accomplish anything.

peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato

Originally posted by seabag

Not saying this is necessarily what I'll be doing (or if I will even vote - does it even matter? I'm thinking it only matters to people who have money and want to keep it. I have NOTHING to lose) - but it's interesting how opinion has started to shift. Robamney is not the answer.

Quitter?

Glass half empty?

Meh!!

You’ve got to keep fighting, Nancy!

The time is now!

you say im shameful for not voting in another post, but you call user-otherpotato a nancy and treat them like a pessimist because they point out a very interesting mindset.

but in my honest opinion i believe you contradict yourself, because i believe (again, in my honest opinion) that no matter how hard you vote for what you think is right, that "they" (the politics) will never give you or, "we the people" what we want, need, or even what we deserve.

"they" will always get what they want in an election because they own it all, and control it all.

if we would all refuse to vote, we could metaphorically pull the rug of power out from under their greedy slippers made out of american tears, and take back our freedom, by denying and refusing the corruption and the disparity that they force on our lives.

peace.

Let me tell you the process I use for voting for a candidate. I look at certain things, in this order:

1) Do you believe I am an incubator? Because if you think a fertilized cell can become a person without the benefit of my body then I got news for you - it can't. So being on the wrong side of that fence gets you excluded.

2) Do you believe that two people who are of the same sex shouldn't get married? Why? Because of the bible? Being on the wrong side of that fence gets you excluded.

If I decide to vote then I vote for the candidate who meets requirements one and two. Always will because it directly matters to me. Call that party lines. I call it basic human rights. Can't understand why they're not a given but apparently they still need to be fought for.

otherpotato, im usually really good with metaphors, but the little mouse in my head stopped turning the wheel thingy.

please make easier, head hurt too much.

peace *hugs*

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So you base your vote on two issues that are not even federal issues to begin with?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Hahahahaha....

I don't consider candidates who want to make abortion or gay marriage illegal because doing that is morally wrong. That being said, there is a lot to be desired about the "options" that leaves me. But I can't budge on those. What's a girl to do?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Call me old fashioned, but how can I stand by a candidate who believes those things, whether it's on the table or not? I just can't.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Further - it would be like voting against myself and my family and the people I love. And aren't those the things that really matter? I thought they did. They used to.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by TKDRL

Call me old fashioned, but how can I stand by a candidate who believes those things, whether it's on the table or not? I just can't.

So, you are a throw away non-vote, until you can convince 181 millions others you are right? wow...wow

Sorry, this was aimed at SoyMilkAlaska......my bad
edit on 8/2/2012 by Yosemite Sam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

As the author of a bit more eccentricity geared toward the same idea. I do concur.

SnF

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

If I decide to vote then I vote for the candidate who meets requirements one and two. Always will because it directly matters to me. Call that party lines. I call it basic human rights.

I call that a two issue voter but…that’s your prerogative.

Can't understand why they're not a given but apparently they still need to be fought for.

They do still need to be fought for…I agree. What about the economy that affects us all? What about the constitution? What about our taxation? Maybe socialized medicine too? Should these also be things to fight for? Are they worthy issues?

Just saying!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is just my opinion...

But I think you already DON'T VOTE! Once the voting machines were implemented the fix was in. Those machines have zero accountability. There's no backups, no fail safes, no one independantly verifying, it's a complete and total fraud.

So if you built a voting machine who would you choose to do that?

How about the same people that know how to fix a machine. Like the same people who created the VLT's? The mob. They're american company built many of the voting machines currently in use. They're secretly designed. No one has gone in to check to see how they work. They're designed to have hidden backdoors. They can cheat. that's why usually if someone wins it's by a narrow margin. Because what actually happened is the lesser voted person probably won. But then with a press of a button they can cause all the machines to recalculate and come up with the other guy as the winner.

So again, you already don't vote! Well it doesn't count for much when you do.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I may very well feel differently about the value of my vote when or if my area goes to the computerized voting system that other areas around the nation have adopted as standard. I absolutely don't trust those any further than I could throw them and I don't imagine much has been done in a fundamental way to keep a hacker out with the skill levels the campaigns could afford to recruit. We're talking absolute world class skills to break it, and hey...that does make the whole thing a joke.

Missouri in this area used the old fashioned 'Ink line completes the arrow' which points at the right name for the 2012 primary. I haven't heard about that changing for the general election, unless anyone else has? It feeds into a scanner I personally put it into that is attached to a locked ballot box. That's that with a paper record AND the speed of a scanner to update state totals as a real time thing. I don't see why others can't do this same thing. It's idiot proof...and idiots don't need to vote anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join