It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want real change? Easy solution....Don't vote!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Everyone is complaing about everything from the impending war on Iran and Syria to which candidate couldn't care less about the average Joe. A two-party system is designed to fail it's citizens and make it a lot easier for corporations to buy the votes from both sides of the isle.

If you really want to shake up the system. If you really want to get international attention to the rampant corruption of the US Gov then the best thing to do is to stop perpetuating it, by voting in these mock elections.

Regardless of what you vote, the electoral college has the final say anyway. The US is a representative democracy, not a direct-democracy, and if your so-called representatives are bought and paid for (lobbyism) then it's time to try a different approach.

In closing, a vote for any of the talking heads this November is a vote for (big) business as usual. This can be the beginning of a movement that is uncorruptable...uninfiltratable (if that's a real word) and guranteed to get the message out that we will not tolerate treason anymore.

Make t-shirts, signs and bumper-stickers. Post on Facebook. This movement has no leader to be bought, killed or discredited. It's a movement, by the people, for the people.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yes, it's a complete and utter sham, but you know what? If you don't vote for someone, you don't have the right to complain about whoever the president is after they take office. If you don't vote, the talking heads will get into office anyway. You're just displaying complacency with the system.

You don't exercise your right to vote, you might as well have lost it altogether.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akuhei
You don't exercise your right to vote, you might as well have lost it altogether.
How can you lose something you never had in the first place?Also if I don't vote I have every right to complain. It is those who do vote that have no right to complain. Those who do vote have propped up this ruse of a system. I on the other hand, who did not vote, as a matter of fact did not even leave the house on election day have every right to complain about the problems you voted for, the problems you created by allowing this charade to continue.
edit on 1-8-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Regardless of what you vote, the electoral college has the final say anyway. The US is a representative democracy, not a direct-democracy, and if your so-called representatives are bought and paid for (lobbyism) then it's time to try a different approach.

The US is a Representative Constitutional Republic not a "Democracy" I wish people would get that straight.

I agree with some of what you've said but IMHO if you havent served or excised your right to vote then you have no place to bitch moan or complain.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Two Words...

Down Ticket.

It's ALWAYS important to go vote. Always. There are sure a couple people serving in local offices I intend to vote the other guy on and that more than makes my trip a few blocks away worth the time.

Besides, if someone isn't even getting up to vote, and less than 50% do now in even the BIG ones recently, what are the odds anything beyond that would ever come? Nothing happens if nothing's attempted....and local works just fine to start with. Just my opinion on it.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have served, but even if I didn't who are you to tell me what rights I have?

You perpetuate a broken system and raise your head high, because, "At least I can complain."

Imagine the world-wide support we would garner if we finally took a real stand. Your vote means nothing. Both candidates are different sides of the same coin and people who buy into this sham are the ones who have no right to complain.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akuhei

Exactly the point of not voting, if i don't vote, no matter who wins or how they turn out, no one can blame me.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Everyone is complaing about everything from the impending war on Iran and Syria to which candidate couldn't care less about the average Joe. A two-party system is designed to fail it's citizens and make it a lot easier for corporations to buy the votes from both sides of the isle.

If you really want to shake up the system. If you really want to get international attention to the rampant corruption of the US Gov then the best thing to do is to stop perpetuating it, by voting in these mock elections.

In closing, a vote for any of the talking heads this November is a vote for (big) business as usual. This can be the beginning of a movement that is uncorruptable...uninfiltratable (if that's a real word) and guranteed to get the message out that we will not tolerate treason anymore.

Make t-shirts, signs and bumper-stickers. Post on Facebook. This movement has no leader to be bought, killed or discredited. It's a movement, by the people, for the people.

i agree that its a good idea to simply NOT VOTE!!!

i doesn't matter who you vote for, they get what they want anyway!

democrats and republicans are on the same team and pretend to just disagree on tiny meaningless differences and details, BUT THEY ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!!

when someone says YOU HAVE 2 CHOICES, my way or the highway.

heads i win, tails you lose.

A give up or B surrender.

YOU CAN CHOOSE C! YOU CAN CHOOSE OPTION 3. NONE OF THE ABOVE.

i do not like ANY of these guys.

don't vote, it only encourages them.

if nobody voted, they wouldn't be able to lie and say "so and so bla bla bla many people voted for this guy"

nobody voted for ANYONE because they all are on the same team.

I CHOOSE OPTION 3.

********** off politics.

poli = many tics = blood sucking creatures.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Good advice! Yes, just sit it out.

I plan to vote, and I doubt we’d be voting alike if you chose to vote, so I don’t want you to cancel my vote!

Carry on!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

I think I understand what you're trying to push here.
I see it differently I want them to see me in their faces. I know the politicians just love it when I slam them in public forums such as this and then vote against them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yes, it's a complete and utter sham, but you know what? If you don't vote for someone, you don't have the right to complain about whoever the president is after they take office. If you don't vote, the talking heads will get into office anyway. You're just displaying complacency with the system.

"you know what? If you don't vote for someone, you don't have the right to complain"

i disagree, and i see this comment thrown around all over the place.

it simply is not true.

if something is wrong, if something is bothering you, then you most certainly have a right to complain.

i complain that the system is rigged! i complain that we do not truly have a choice as they trick us to believe!

i complain that i am not actually free, so i will not vote!

and then i WILL be free!

peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

How can you lose something you never had in the first place?Also if I don't vote I have every right to complain. It is those who do vote that have no right to complain. Those who do vote have propped up this ruse of a system. I on the other hand, who did not vote, as a matter of fact did not even leave the house on election day have every right to complain about the problems you voted for, the problems you created by allowing this charade to continue.

I completely agree with your reply.

cheers.
edit on 1-8-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The US is a Representative Constitutional Republic not a "Democracy" I wish people would get that straight.

I agree with some of what you've said but IMHO if you havent served or excised your right to vote then you have no place to bitch moan or complain.

please refer to this quote

Originally posted by GD21D

by voting, you allow this sick game to continue.

as george carlin said: "theres a big club, and you ain't in it"

"they" (reps and dems) are on the same team, no matter who you vote for "they" always win.

if we don't vote, we take their power to trick us into believing their lie that is "vote for who you want and they win if they get enough votes" away.

peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well you certainly do a lot of complaining now, What have you done to help change the situation besides all that complaining?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

I have served, but even if I didn't who are you to tell me what rights I have?

You perpetuate a broken system and raise your head high, because, "At least I can complain."

Imagine the world-wide support we would garner if we finally took a real stand.

Any fool can sit it out! Do you think a sit-out is a novel concept that you invented? Please explain the gay “kiss-in” at Chick-Fil-A tomorrow across America! I wonder what that was based on?

Guess what happens? SOME people DO sit it out while the paid, dead, influenced, forced, and average people who didn’t buy into your crap DO go vote and you and your buddies will wake up the next day to find out who your new POTUS is.

Someone will win whether you and a few others sit it out or not. Hell, only @130 million turned out to vote in 08’ out of @330 million Americans!

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I hear you, brother.

I think of it like this: What if you lived in a town with only one movie theatre and this theatre played the same movie 365 days a year. Most people in town hate this movie, but the theatre couldn't care less, because it gets kick-backs from the studio. What's the only way to get a new movie in there? Answer: Stop supporting that theatre with your money. Starve the beast.

People complain day in and day out, but as long as we keep feeding the system it will live.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well you certainly do a lot of complaining now, What have you done to help change the situation besides all that complaining?

i have not voted, and expressed my displeasure for the system the way it is.

what have you done?

edit: simply put, i have stood my ground and refused to take part in the system that re-elects those who ruin my country into positions of high power.
edit on 1-8-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I hear you, brother.

I think of it like this: What if you lived in a town with only one movie theatre and this theatre played the same movie 365 days a year. Most people in town hate this movie, but the theatre couldn't care less, because it gets kick-backs from the studio. What's the only way to get a new movie in there? Answer: Stop supporting that theatre with your money. Starve the beast.

People complain day in and day out, but as long as we keep feeding the system it will live.

i love that.

"starve the beast"

people should make that a t-shirt.

peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join