It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed Man Shot And Killed In Cop Car – Police Say It Was Suicide (VIDEO)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

I agree with your advice.....though all those people saying "quite your bitching" comes to mind. Looks like we didn't "bitch" enough.

Looks like freedom of speech is being phased out huh....like the US can arrest people for political literature, for talking about things...talking....

Yes, land of the free people defend as such.....and those who speak about things others might not agree with....they are free as well when they get arrested.

Democracy is a thing of the past.
Because people didn't listen to our warnings. Now we have to listen to theirs.

No offence Darren I don't know what your stance is on the issue of free speech. I just saw your post and It really hit home.

Hail our great leaders, or they will make you disappear, like those dictatorships we spend decades invading.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I believe that the media is twisting this story for some reason. Too much info is left out. First off where is the gun? Why not give the type of gun used? That tells us if its even possible. No gun someone else did it period, but that doesn't mean a cop did it. Was the window down? Was their any people or cars around? Was it possible a silencer was used do to only a thump was heard, or was a shot heard? It's hard for me to believe a cop is that stupid that he would believe he could get by with that story and no forensic evidence to back it up, There is more to this story, i am sure of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by DARREN1976

I agree with your advice.....though all those people saying "quite your bitching" comes to mind. Looks like we didn't "bitch" enough.

Looks like freedom of speech is being phased out huh....like the US can arrest people for political literature, for talking about things...talking....

Yes, land of the free people defend as such.....and those who speak about things others might not agree with....they are free as well when they get arrested.

Democracy is a thing of the past.
Because people didn't listen to our warnings. Now we have to listen to theirs.

No offence Darren I don't know what your stance is on the issue of free speech. I just saw your post and It really hit home.

Hail our great leaders, or they will make you disappear, like those dictatorships we spend decades invading.

I'm all for free speech, but you are only as free as they allow you to be, here in the UK and in the good ole' US of A, it is fast becoming a big brother state, or nanny state if you like, and freedom of speech? Well it's free just as long as the free speech your talking about doesnt cause any ructions for TPTB, because if it does, it becomes a silence embargoe.... you catch my drift?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by peaceanhope
I believe that the media is twisting this story for some reason. Too much info is left out. First off where is the gun? Why not give the type of gun used? That tells us if its even possible. No gun someone else did it period, but that doesn't mean a cop did it. Was the window down? Was their any people or cars around? Was it possible a silencer was used do to only a thump was heard, or was a shot heard? It's hard for me to believe a cop is that stupid that he would believe he could get by with that story and no forensic evidence to back it up, There is more to this story, i am sure of it.

Well, maybe the reason the type of gun used wasnt mentioned was because uniformed officers are all issued with a standard type model, all the same, so if it was the officer that did the shooting then if they mentioned what type of gun was used then people might suspect the officer as the type used is well known as standard poice issue, and yes, people really can be that stupid, maybe he was complacent (the officer) when he shot his guy, becuase he has got away with it before due to friends on the force and in the forensics/ballistics which helped him get away with it, so he thught that he could get away with it again. All speculation of course, but just throwing reasons for it being the case out there, as it where.... and to let you know, just because it was a cop, and there was no known way of this guy shooting himself, hands cuffed behind his back and the cops are saying he shot himself, with a gun, that they missed when searching him, TWICE, (not shot by someone else when they wasnt looking, if he was they would of said that was the cause of death, not suicide, and if it was someone else with a silencer, then they wouldnt of said he shot himself with a gun that was missed on searching, they wouldnt of found any gun would they?) then yes, even cops can be that stupid!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Ok i'm by far going to defend these punks that shot this kid. BUT QUIT MAKING IT A RACIST THING!!. ITS NOT JUST HAPPENING TO BLACKS. WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE SEPARATION. this is going on more and more everyday it's to the point where they are not even cleaning up the mess anymore. they lie to your face, steel your money they use your money to serve and protect and fund corporations of america. anymore im scared to if/when i would ever need to call 911. and i'm freaking white... I think i'm actually going to start showing more support for hold your own laws i would rather trust my next door neighbor then these guys anymore.

As far as this case hmm yeah it was murder. Even if they some how show he had mind powers made the gun vanish then appear for him waiting in the back seat. after being searched and cuffed and sitting in the back of a police car the officers and STATE should be responsible for anything that happens to you. i know this is not the case but it should be. WHEN WILL ENOUGH BE ENOUGH. we seamed to quit with the finger pointing. now its time to make the people responsible. responsible.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Unless he was the reincarnation of The Great Houdini, i don't see how the "official story" is even remotely possible!

Guys we are going down the wrong road fast! When will we start pumping the brakes?

I think this guy (link below) expressed himself the way most Americans are feeling right now.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well then there should be a gun somewhere right? Also, whether or not the caliber is the same as the officer's weapon will tell a lot. Now if they did plant a gun on him, it would HAVE to be the same caliber as the cop's firearm, or it would be obvious, granted they find the slug.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is tragic.

Although it's possible to shoot yourself in the temple while handcuffed behind your back. I'm not even flexible, and I just tried it with a toy gun keeping my hands clasped together and was able to do it.

and it's also possible this young man when into a suicide mode when he realized the charges he was facing....

There is no Excuse for these cops to have missed a gun after two full searches before placing him in the car.

This in my opinion makes them responsible for his death. Anyone being arrested and put in the back of a police car should be considered a suicide risk. This boy should never have had access to a gun while in the back of this cop car. His death is on their hands, because of their poor job. If I screw up this bad at my job, I'd get fired. Why aren't LEo's held to the same standards? Heck they should be held to higher standards.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This thread has already been posted:

Here.

Please add to that discussion.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sorry buddy, but they probably already know through your IP address. It's like a phone number. Unless your moving it around... They already know.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I posted the article on my FB page earlier this evening to... surprise... no responses.

I do the same stuff...I'll post something and nobody seems to care. I just don't get on FB anymore nothing on there interests me anymore...except for them spying on me

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

I agree with senselessness. We need to look at all possibilities. When my brother was a patrolman he was cleaning out his back seat and found a single shot 38 S&W hidden in the back seat. It's possible they just missed it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

It's possible, but highly unlikely. Anything is possible. The story as it is now reeks of cow manure. You would think if they had anything that might make it look better, that they would have brought that to the forefront immediately. Handcuffed dude decides to dig around in the seats, finds a gun hidden there, then decides to shoot himself in the head. Sounds like a stupid movie plot or something.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hello, this is actually my first post here so i'll try to make it short and simple. I agree that this story has some very strange details but i just wanted to point out one thing. The man who "shot him self" looks like he isn't very big and from personal experience (sadly) it is not difficult at all to move your handcuffed hands from behind you to in front of you, even in the small space of a police car back seat.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ttyler10

If that were the case, then why wouldn't they say it right off the bat? That is actually believable, I am not that small, but I can get my hands in front of me while cuffed. I dislocated my shoulder so many times playing hockey, I can do it by just shrugging a certain way, makes it a whole lot easier.

We know he was searched once, because they found his drugs. Are cops really so inept that they could find drugs, but miss a gun?
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:52:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

If you tried to handcuff me I guarantee you would not live to talk it!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by ReadyPower
So his mom said he was searched TWICE to top it off..

So when George Zimmerman kills an unarmed black teen, the media is ALL over it

But when our police officers do the same-- to an unarmed black teen who is handcuffed-- silence.

The vast majority don't care and won't care until it is someone they know.

This is a very good indicator they are programming people with half truths and thought terminating cliches.
That our deaths are just political pawns, and when it suits them, they play it, and when it doesn't, they hold it back.

They actually believe we are sub humans and our existence only serves to benefit them.

We ought to cut them off and stop feeding this horrific machine that enslaves all peoples with lies.

I started this thread today about how we are being manipulated and the processes they use...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

A police report obtained by KAIT indicated that 21-year-old Chavis Chacobie Carter had been a passenger in a pickup truck when Officer Ron Marsh found “some marijuana” and plastic baggies in his possession. Marsh also determined that Carter had been wanted on a warrant after he missed a court date for drug charges in DeSoto County, Mississippi.

Marsh then had Carter “exit the patrol unit, placed him into handcuffs, searched him a second time then placed him into the back seat of the patrol unit.”

Jonesboro Police Sergeant Lyle Waterworth told WREG that Carter had been “handcuffed behind his back and double locked, and searched.”

At that point, Officer Keith Baggett believed a passing car ran over a piece of metal in the road because he heard “a loud thump with a metallic sound.” Baggett said he then heard “several thumps” after Marsh released the two other suspects. Marsh motioned Baggett over to the patrol car and said the 21-year-old had shot himself.

When the officers opened the patrol car door, they found Carter in a “sitting position slumped forward with his head in his lap.” The report indicated that Carter was still handcuffed and a small caliber handgun was sitting beside him.

Carter was taking to St. Bernards Regional Medical Center and later died from the gunshot wound.

(source: craigheadcounty.kait8.com)

The two cops are Bagget and Marsh. Marsh is the one who searched Carter and found "some marijuana" on him and plastic baggies. The cops placed Carter into the back of Marsh's patrol car (question is, by both cops or just Marsh?) Marsh ran his information and determined he had a warrant from Mississippi. Marsh then had him exit the patrol unit, placed him in handcuffs, searched him a second time, and placed him back inside the patrol car.

Point:
The cops say they placed Carter into the backseat of their car but it would appear he was not in cuffs. It was only after they ran his info and determined he had the warrant they took him back out to place him in cuffs and search him again. This means that while Marsh was running him info (I have to assume he did this from the front seat of the patrol car), Carter was sitting in the back seat, with no cuffs on, potentially holding a gun.

The two cops say they were walking to Bagget's patrol car when they heard a metallic "thump".

The cops then say they questioned and released the other two men. In other words, the only two possible witnesses to what happened had already been told to leave the scene. That left them alone with Carter who was in Marsh's patrol car.

Bagget got into his patrol car, while Marsh went back to his patrol car. Moment's later, according to Bagget, Marsh was back at his car banging on the trunk, telling him the suspect shot himself.

They need to release the dash cam from the patrol cars. We now know there were two police cars on scene, as well as the driver of the pickup truck and another passenger. From Marsh's dashcam, we should see both officers walking toward Bagget's car and the suspect's truck, when a "thump" should be heard. Dashcam's generally have audio.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Point: The cops say they placed Carter into the backseat of their car but it would appear he was not in cuffs. It was only after they ran his info and determined he had the warrant they took him back out to place him in cuffs and search him again. This means that while Marsh was running him info (I have to assume he did this from the front seat of the patrol car), Carter was sitting in the back seat, with no cuffs on, potentially holding a gun.

I've gone a number of ride alongs and worked with cops pretty closely for a few years. They didn't actually care much about a small amount of marijuana. I've seen cops take a small amount and throw it down a drain or just smash a pipe. I imagine they just did a very cursory search for the drugs, then put the guy in the car. Maybe they just turned out his pockets because he admitted to the drugs.

Inside the car and uncuffed it would e very easy for the guy to hide a small pistol and then retrieve it while cuffed. This may also explain why it was in the right hand.

No of course this testimony is coming after the fact and could have been cooked up to cover up a murder, but I really freaking doubt it. I think the officers missed the gun the first time, and that the gun was in the back of the car when the guy was searched the second time.

I suppose it's possible there was a murder here, but why? I can't see a cop risking their job/freedom etc. by killing someone in the back of their own car. There would be easier and smarter ways to kill the guy and despite the unpopularity of police on this site cops are usually fairly clever and certainly clever enough to not shoot someone in their own car.

I won't be surprised to see this incident used in training material in the future hammering the need to properly search everyone into rookies heads.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So the police in trying to incite a racial riot between blacks and whites by murdering blacks. Looks like the devil will do whatever to keep us all at arms against each other. This is what we have to fix, fight and watch for on a daily basis.
I don't see how anyone can raise their hand to their head when their hands are handcuffed behind their back. Amazing how everyone in this country bows down and believes everything these crooked ass police tell them. I haven't met any cop that actually told the truth during a stop or instigation! All they try to do is incriminate anything they get near. Even goats...!
Looks like law enforcement has been causing a lot of the tension in this country without any remorse what so ever. Amazing the audacity for all law enforcement across the nation to act in this manner, which proves that this country has no respect for its citizens, only respect for making a quick buck off it s citizens sitting in jail costing taxpayers 50000 a person all for a quick fine that doesnt come close to covering the cost of each sentence! Another reason why this country is and will be broke as # and in debt! Dumbass #!
Too bad we can't be like new zealand! At least their inmates most likely can be respectfully placed back into society without having to second guess a #ing thing!
So how many American citizens have been shot and killed by police just this year alone?
Well guess what they don't have a mandate for keeping those type of statistics yet for some reason, go figure ,huh?
www.lvrj.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join