It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed Man Shot And Killed In Cop Car – Police Say It Was Suicide (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by senselessness

Do it, put up some pictures. Like I said, I tried it. You seem to be living up to your handle.

The gun is pointed directly at my temple. I can even turn my head more and get a better shot of my temple if I wanted. I have my thumb ready to pull the trigger. I just arch my back, and turn my shoulders, and I can easily put both of my hands on my right hip.

This could be easier if I wasn't muscular. I could see how you would have trouble if you were a fat lard. It would also be easier if I was sitting down in a chair because I could use the chair to support my arms.

You seem to be living up to my signature quote.

edit on 2-8-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

That's not pointed at your temple....
I also see you are not cuffed either.
edit on Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:05:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It is pointed directly at my temple... In this picture I just didn't tilt my head enough, but I could do it even more. You do know where the temple is right?

BOTH of my hands are cupped together. Actually, the position my hands are in would be even easier with handcuffs on because in the picture both of my wrists are touching. With handcuffs you have 1 or 2 inches between the wrists (or more) depending on the cuffs.

Actually, I knew you would cry about my hand position so I put it in a position that would make it more difficult than if I had handcuffs on. If I had cuffs, it would be easier.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posting photos of pointing guns at your head is pretty foolish and a good way despite circumstances to get your self an appointment to a psych ward and that could have a detrimental effect on fire arms ownership just saying,appreciate what you are trying to do but still point stands
edit on 2-8-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Two problems with that..and I won't even touch on how disturbing that is to see anyone do with a real weapon, loaded or not.

First, they say small caliber handgun, not a 1911 or whatever that is there. That complicates things a bit and if someone suggests the aim was intentional, it complicates things almost impossibly. Not to mention, you're probably familiar enough with your weapon to aim by sheer sense and feel and come fairly close on a large frame like that. I rarely hear or see video of bad guys that do more than play with their guns outside of the 'moment of truth' or stupidity.

Second, I've been trying to find pics and vids of Jonesboro PD Officers and thats how I found that public notice. What kind of handcuffs? I can't find it that way, maybe someone else can? If they are the simple loop chain variety like I have from my father's career way back in the stone ages, the hands can be moved around quite a bit, true. It's why many departments don't use them too. If they have the bar type or whatever the official name is for the higher security version, this is laughable on the face of it. Even with the chain though... wow... it's a wonder and Annie Oakley come back to life.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If they use old fashioned cuffs, I give you that, it is easier to move. I have been in cuffs a few times, they were always hinged, which is way harder than if you have your hands clasped. That's the cuffs I tried it with.
edit on Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:14:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well this certainly sounds like a BS story.

I would be very interested to hear what type of gun was used and to read the autopsy.

It is hard for me to believe that after a search of someone who was wanted, and a search that already revealed drugs that officers would miss a gun.

That being said I think we've all seen a few videos of people killing themselves via gunshot or knife while in interrogation rooms. It happens sometimes. I was handcuffed and popped in a police car not to long ago and had to tell the cop I had a handcuff key in my back pocket and had to show him my knife. My pat down was a joke. His response, 'I'm going to be pretty pissed if you take off the cuffs.' My response, 'I sort of figured Sir.'

For poops and giggles I just had the girlfriend handcuff me with a pair of Smith and Wesson standard issue cuffs with the chain link (I don't think many departments use the hinged ones anymore). I was able to pull a Glock 19 (I took off the slide for the safety!) and aim it at my right temple. In fact that was about the only place I COULD aim the gun that would actually result in my demise. Now this was not at all easy and I think I may have screwed up my wrist a bit but it is actually doable. Easier o use the thumb on the trigger and a smaller gun like a .380 or .38 snub would be even easier. This guy looks a bit more limber than I am too.

The only reason I can see him shooting himself in the right temple would be if it was somehow too hard to maneuver the gun into the left hand.

Lets hope there was a rolling dashcam. If this young man was murdered I want justice. If he killed himself I want the officers vindicated. I have a pretty hard time believing any cop would be dumb enough to shoot someone while handcuffed in the back of their police car.

I hope the investigation is well managed and will obviously be conducted by a different agency. This one certainly stinks, but I think it may be one of those cases where reality is crazier than fiction.

Calling the girlfriend and not being suicidal isn't really going to sway me either way. You have to be a little nuts to kill yourself and people who panic/go nuts/suffer deep depression/are possibly high out of their minds don't make rational choices.

I think this is a real tragedy either way. I feel for his Mother, what an awful thing to have to bear.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I am SO happy I wasn't the only one who tried this. I'm not showing you guys a picture though. If necessary I'll snap a pic of the cuffs and gun I used with a timestamp but my gloriousness will not be posted to this site. EVER.

I had my head pinned to my shoulder and rolled back so I think it was even easier and more obvious that I could have caught myself right in the temple.

If anyone has a laser on their pistol get someone to take a pic of you doing this.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
How can you shoot yourself in the right temple with your hands cuffed behind your back? But why would cops shoot a handcuffed man on drug charges? None of it makes sense. I say BS to this story something isn't right..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Cops stopped using hinged? Those cuffs suck lol, I thought they used them for extra torture purposes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think so. Not sure. I could still do it easily with hinged, but it would be more ouch and I don't have a set of them.

LOL America gets fatter, we need bigger cuffs, bigger ambulances, bigger gourneys, bigger wheel chairs. Why can't I spell gurney? Oh there we go.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Let me also state that I actually support law enforcement. If you will see some of my other posts I make no illusion to the fact my wife as a prosecutor with the state of Florida and I have seen many.... MANY... hours of evidentiary film that extolled the virtues of most police officers and their professionalism.

I think a lot of people would agree 100% with that sentiment. I fully support LE. It takes a very egregious act like this to make people turn from the police. There's a certain level of public trust and people have to have faith in their police officers. without it, you'll slide closer and closer to anarchy. The flip side is that people need to keep an open mind about this, pro and con, and not just fully support the officer's story simply because he is an officer. There's absolutely no excuse for shooting someone who is cuffed and in custody in the back seat of a squad car. He wasn't going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why aren't there more flags? I almost didn't read it. So many posts that agree it wasn't suicide and didn't flag? What the hell!? This is murder! Jeez, get it out there, get it recognized, get it noticed. What are you all about? I must have assumed that people here wanted life to be better for all people. Exposing the criminals and usurpers so ALL people could live a better live isn't part of the ideals? Just disgusted , again!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
In fact that was about the only place I COULD aim the gun that would actually result in my demise. Now this was not at all easy and I think I may have screwed up my wrist a bit but it is actually doable. Easier o use the thumb on the trigger and a smaller gun like a .380 or .38 snub would be even easier. This guy looks a bit more limber than I am too.

Exactly! That is what I was trying to say... You can only aim at your temple, or somewhere on your face. The only two places it would be possible.

Thanks for confirming what I was saying.

reply to post by KilrathiLG

Thanks for your concern, but I know what I am doing.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I highly doubt anyone is going to believe me what with my cop cheerleading but it certainly is possible and that picture proved it. Also much harder to do with a full govt. 1911 than even my 19, and it would be easier with a smaller gun, which would actually help bolster the story the thing was concealed well.

I'm glad there is an investigation. The story at first glance appears to be complete BS. I thought that when I was reading it. That's why I did my little experiment.

I'm not quite 6 ft. and even with my stubby arms it was easy enough to pop myself while cuffed. I've also put on a few pounds in the last months and am by no means a skinny little contortionist. This guy looked taller, and I believe extra arm length would make it easier.

ATS needs to stop hanging cops before all the facts. This story is really hard to believe, but lets sit back and wait for more evidence. If you are not a huge fatty, get someone to tie wrists, then take a SAFE item resembling a gun and see if you can't point it directly at your temple. It's the most natural point when your wrists are bound.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Why aren't there more flags? I almost didn't read it.

You only read threads that have a high flag count? LOL.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
From the video:

"Officers picked him up, they say he had drugs on him..."

From that, it seems the officers did a thorough enough search to find the drugs on him. But somehow miss a handgun?

Then they say the two other passengers in the vehicle were not arrested or even being detained. That, to me at least, implies no drugs were found in the vehicle itself (otherwise, they all would have been in cuffs in a squad car).

The meager evidence we have to go on points to a thorough enough search to turn up drugs, so it was not some sloppy pat down.

The guy was cuffed in the back seat of a police car. Someone shot him in the head. Sure doesn't look like "suicide".

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

From that, it seems the officers did a thorough enough search to find the drugs on him. But somehow miss a handgun?

Agree but it's not impossible and it's happened before. I want to link a video but it will violate the T&C. Actually I hav a few and I'm not doing it U2U either. Look it up. Police custody suicide.

Then they say the two other passengers in the vehicle were not arrested or even being detained. That, to me at least, implies no drugs were found in the vehicle itself (otherwise, they all would have been in cuffs in a squad car).

Usually falls on the operator but this is irrelevant. Remember there was that whole warrant thing.

The meager evidence we have to go on points to a thorough enough search to turn up drugs, so it was not some sloppy pat down.

Again, I agree that if you turn up drugs you better turn up a gun, but sometimes bad word happens. This could also be due to a cop trying to preserve someones dignity and not shove a hand down the butt crack. I could hide a small handgun betwixt my gorgeous butt cheeks.

The guy was cuffed in the back seat of a police car. Someone shot him in the head. Sure doesn't look like "suicide".

Allegedly. This is why I wonder about the gun. If it's a large frame then yeah, I will be pretty suspicious of the police. If it was a little .380 I can see this happening. We all know cops aren't perfect. Mistakes can be made. This guy wasn't all that rough, he didn't look rough, and didn't have all that bad of a rap sheet. If he said, 'Look officer, I want to be straight up, I have a bag in my front right pocket.' Cop who had a long day may have just given him a half assed (no pun intended, OK a little) pat down, then cuffed him and popped him in the car.

I'm about 60/40 believing the story. Now more evidence comes to light, those numbers may change, and drastically.

I get that cops are somewhat despised here, but you have to have a modicum of intelligence to be a cop. I don't think any would be dumb enough to actually execute a person in the back of a car. I also don't think they would be that brazen, or have enough clout wearing the badge to pull it off without a real investigation. Shoot the department probably wants to hang him to avoid an issue.

If a cop or rich guy gets even a question mark ATS is so quick to jump all over and scream conspiracy or what have you. Nobody seems to care that in this country (and there really is only one that matters) we don't hang people based on hearsay. So you believe the guys Mom. No way she could be emotionally devastated and trying to protect her lost child? How do you know he wasn't suicidal? Because a news report told you? I thought everyone here was too smart to trust the news. Oh wait, only when the news disagrees is it controlled and awful.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Actually, my best friend killed himself years ago. He hung himself. Nobody at all expected it. Not his mom or dad, not any of his sisters, not me or any of his friends, not even his girlfriend. He didn't even leave a note. Nobody knew he was suicidal... All we know is that he regretted it at the very last minute because when he was found it appeared he was trying to get one of his feet back on the chair that he kicked away but couldn't quite get it.

It's the quiet ones, the ones that don't say anything about being suicidal that end up killing themselves. It's rarely the ones that talk about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I never know what to say, I'm sorry doesn't do it. For what it's worth after I hit reply I'll be saying a little prayer for your friend his family and friends.

You make a good point. The ones that fail don't want to die. They want help.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join