It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana GOP attempts to defraud Ron Paul campaign, GOP parish Chairman does the right thing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yet another example of Ron Paul's forces following the rules & winning, then being cheated by establishment GOP and good hearted, principled, long-time GOP members caught in the deception. Now a supporter of Santorum/Romney, never a fan of Ron Paul, is now sticking up for the delegates that Ron Paul supporters rightfully fought for and fully deserve.

Cliff notes:
1) Ron Paul supporters won delegate positions
2) GOP establishment cheats and send their own establishment delegate slate to the RNC
3) Long-time GOP leadership stands up for Ron Paul, doing the right thing.

Here is the letter in its entirety with revealing details to this fraud controversy. I recommend reading the whole thing:

centralcitynews.us...

During Louisiana’s Presidential Primary and the caucuses this year, I endorsed Rick Santorum and was a leader in the efforts by RNC member Ross Little to elect an uncommitted slate of
delegates favorable to Sen. Santorum. I now fully support Gov. Mitt Romney. I have never been a
supporter of Congressman Ron Paul.

Since the state Republican convention in June, I have had countless meetings and conversations with leaders of the Louisiana Republican Party and leaders of the Ron Paul forces, in an effort
to broker a compromise that could allow our party to be united at the Republican National Convention in Tampa and for this fall’s elections. Unfortunately, those efforts have failed.

As a result of the many meetings and conversations I have had with both sides, I have become deeply concerned that our state party’s leadership, composed of some of my best friends and
political allies, has become caught up in the efforts to “block Ron Paul” and are making decisions
adversely affecting the rights of the Republican voters here in East Baton Rouge Parish.

edit on 1-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

That is pure madness! What's the point of having a delegate selection process if they're just gonna send 3 people who didn't even participate in the process?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To help clarify your post a bit, the part you quoted is not the entire letter, and in fact the real meat of this is later in the PDF.

2. In the Sixth Congressional District based here in Baton Rouge, more than 100 candidates for state delegate appeared on the ballot. Of the 100 candidates, the top vote-getter from throughout the entire Congressional District was a member of our East Baton Rouge Republican Parish Executive Committee, Dr. Karla Doucet, who is an anesthesiologist. She received 743 votes. She was at the top of a slate of 25 Ron Paul delegate candidates organized by Charlie Davis.

These 25 candidates won the top 25 delegate spots to the state convention. Their vote totals ranged from 743 votes on the high end to 698 votes on the low end. Mr. Davis’ group defeated candidates from several other slates, including the uncommitted but pro-Santorum slate I was associated with and the Romney slate, which was far behind. Attached you will see the results, as sent to me by the Louisiana Republican Party on April 29, 2012.

3. The top 25 candidates for state convention delegates, all pledged to Ron Paul, were duly certified as the Sixth District’s delegates to the state Republican convention. None of them was challenged in any way.

4. Under the rules adopted by the Louisiana Republican Party and approved by the RNC, the 25 state delegates from the Sixth Congressional District were supposed to caucus at the state Republican convention in Shreveport and elect three delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. They did meet and voted unanimously to elect the following three national convention delegates:

Charlie Davis
Alex Helwig
Kevin Hussey

And then there is actual fraud committed, as they tried to change the state rules two days before the convention, and force the RP elected delegates to sign an affidavit, when the national party's own rules stated the state rules couldn't be changed after October 1, 2011.

7. I understand that national party rules provide that no state party can change the rules for delegate selection after Oct. 1, 2011. Nevertheless, two days before the state convention in June 2012, Mr. Davis, Mr. Helwig, and Mr. Hussey were told that they could not serve as delegates unless they signed an affidavit created that very day, which contained a new rule for delegate selection. The new rule, which was included in the affidavit, said that by signing the document, they agreed that they could be removed as delegates at any time by the Executive Committee of the Louisiana Republican Party.

8. The three gentlemen refused to sign the affidavit because it contained this new rule — a rule which had not been adopted prior to Oct. 1, 2011. Furthermore, they believed that they had been elected by the 25 duly-certified state delegates from the Sixth Congressional District and that they had the right to serve as national convention delegates, whether the Executive Committee liked their selection or not.

All bold emphasis mine. That's total BS!

Good on you for finding this.

Just more underhanded subversion against the good Dr. Paul. :shk:

The media, the party, the shills, all against him. Unbelievable !

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The GOP is so busy trying to out-conservative each other it's pathetic. Dr. Paul is not an establishment Republocrat, so he gets treated like this. Have values? Want to fix America? Want to end wars, and make peace? Too bad, you're not conservative enough. What you are conservative? Well...you're the wrong kind of conservative. Sorry!

/TOA

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
THE

SH1T

IS

HITTING

THE

FAN

#RonPaul2012
edit on 1-8-2012 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The media, the party, the shills, all against him. Unbelievable !
My thoughts exactly. It is unbelievable... unbelievable that so many people have no souls or a shred of morality. The United States political structure is corrupted to the core. It's beyond sickening.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yep. And the left leaning, Democrat friendly local media in New Orleans spun it like Ron Paul and his followers are nothing but troublemaking kooks. Amazing how quick the two "opposing" parties join forces when the status quo is threatened. So far it appears the Louisiana RP delegates are not backing down. And now similar situations in other states are coming to light.
Will be interesting to watch what happens.
edit on 1-8-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Im glad this guy has a set.

Calling' it' for what it 'is', and 'they' for what they 'are'.

Cheaters.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm still writing in Dr.Paul if he does not get the nod.
I cannot vote for the lesser of two tools in good conscience.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
2012 Election scandals, fraud, and drama never end.

Less than a month away from the convention and the GOP cannot get their act together. I cannot wait to see everything unfold. The GOP fighting the RP people is doing more harm than good. They are so obsessed with getting Obama out of office that they are setting themselves up for a loss in November. Was it by design or is the EGO of the GOP so blind that they cannot see/feel the self inflicted wounds they're causing to themselves. The GOP should just follow their own rules already instead of making up their own or enforcing rules that are not in effect yet. imo they are either stupid or following a script... or both...

But all in all... this is going to be the most interesting month in 2012.
edit on 8/1/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The maine GOP is trying to do the same thing, I believe.

If Mitt Romney is already the GOP nominee, why does he and his campaign continue to insist on CHEATING?

Oh, because he isn't the nominee...and...they're criminals.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I should've put that in also, thanks for doing it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If they don't allow Ron Paul to win the race TPTB will have shot themselves in the foot and made it abundantly clear that their whole system is flawed, rigged, corrupt, and that it needs to be destroyed. The simple fact that I have not met ONE Romney supporter in real life, and only a handful of Obama supporters, leads me to believe that what the MSM is saying about Paul having the lowest percentage of the popular vote is complete and utter bull, and I believe he in fact has the majority.

Because of this, the elite will have mass uprising on their hands. Riots will fill the streets that will completely overshadow the protests at the Bush re-elections. Their whole empire will come tumbling down. Either they are ignorant to this fact, or they are just too stupid to realize just how powerful we really are.

Either way, they're #ed.

Its Ron Paul, or the end of the Old World Order.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Quite welcome.

Maybe it's time to take a serious look at the states that Ron Paul wins. Clearly, the people are smarter overall there. Clearly, they are paying more attention. Clearly, they are people of action. Clearly, there must be less corruption in the political systems in those states for him to win at all. And clearly, they are unwavering constitutionalists. And clearly, they are the kind of Americans I want to be around. Lastly, they are the kind of people that can ultimately bring peace and relief to this world from the US WAR MACHINE.

I wanna move there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

The simple fact that I have not met ONE Romney supporter in real life, and only a handful of Obama supporters, leads me to believe that what the MSM is saying about Paul having the lowest percentage of the popular vote is complete and utter bull, and I believe he in fact has the majority.

No no no no... you're logic is faulty. It appears you aren't drinking enough fluids and your brain isn't well lubricated. May I suggest drinking at least 5 large glasses of unfiltered tap water each day. That will get your brain well "lubricated". Then you'll be able to see why what the MSM says is equal to the word of god and everything will become clear to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am again floored by this, just spent the last 2 hours watching Ron Paul video interviews.

Am I a total fool to continue remembering how President Lincoln walked into the RNC without a single delegate and walked out witht he nomination?

Am I complete dreamer to still hold hope for The Liberty Campaign?

Now I am again let down, depressed and disappointed.

The grief over this is astounding.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
2012 Election scandals, fraud, and drama never end.

Less than a month away from the convention and the GOP cannot get their act together. I cannot wait to see everything unfold. The GOP fighting the RP people is doing more harm than good.
The GOP should just follow their own rules already instead of making up their own or enforcing rules that are not in effect yet. imo they are either stupid or following a script... or both...

But all in all... this is going to be the most interesting month in 2012.

I expect it is just the old-guard authoritarian bunch kicking, biting, and scratching to keep in place a slew of self-serving rules, laws, ordinances, and guidelines to toe-the-line to. Personal autonomy is abhorrent to them but an awakened world is now demanding the end to authoritarian oppression.

I doubt that rule to demand delegates sign away their duly elected delegate status to the whims of an outdated clique of power so they can override a legal vote is just not in keeping with their state laws. A single faction could ride that for eternity despite the demands of an evolving constituency.

If the said rule was duly voted in to take effect after the election season, can you imagine the Louisiana Republican Party having to hand that much control over to a libertarian Ron Paul majority? That much power placed in the right hands could transform the world.

Freedom and liberty are abundances society can afford for everyone. They are free and they are essential.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Iowa, New Hampshire, Texas, Colorado, Washington, North Dakota, Minnesota, Idaho, Nevada, Maine, Louisiana would be the states I'd check out first. All Ron Paul strong holds.

There is an interesting trend since many of the northern states are very pro-Paul, pro-Liberty, pro-LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE.

But if we want to go by percentages, NH had the highest concentration of population voting for RP.

It all started with Iowa and it really is too bad we were cheated out of the Iowa win because that would've made Ron Paul unstoppable.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This just goes to show that even to this day in this upcoming November there will be a mass of people voting for Ron Paul and it will literally take all the votes from Romney, and the R-money camp is literally in a panic mode at this point knowing full well they will never get the presidency

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Shared on FB.

Treason most foul.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join