It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antibiotics wouldn't work, grapefruit seed extract and raw garlic the miracle cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've been fighting a skin infection called cellulitis (caused by staph) for 3+ months now and the doctors just kept throwing new antibiotics at me every other week. (Keflex, Bactrim, amoxicillin, and a couple others i can't remember the names of.)

Anyway, they would help and about 90% of it would disappear, but then after a couple days off the medicine, it would always just come right back as bad as before. The past few days after finishing the last of my prescription, i decided i did not want to take anymore antibiotics as i do not want to lower my immune system any further or make myself immune to them, so i went to the health food store near my house and asked around.

They directed me to a bottle of grapefruit seed extract (very potent stuff, 5 - 10 drops diluted in water is enough.) so i've been drinking a small amount a day, and mixed some into a spray bottle with water and spray that on the area twice a day. I also started crushing raw garlic and taking about 3 - 4 cloves a day and so far my symptoms have not flared up again.

I always kind of ignored natural remedies and believed every medication i took would would work, but my mind has definitely been changed.

Do any of you have any other recommendations that might help boost my immune system back? It's not 100% gone but it's looking much better after switching to these alternatives. (I also started taking probiotic pearls everyday.)

Oh, and i'm also an otherwise healthy 22 year old male, so i'm not sure why it has been so hard to get rid of.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Bodhi7 because: addition info

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

If you've been on prescription antibiotics, be sure to add yogurt to your diet now if you haven't already. The antibiotics kill a lot of the good flora, and the yogurt restores the balance.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I am a huge believer in essential oils.
Look into doTerra oils and Young Living oils.
A representative will be able to help you better in understanding
the theraputic properties of each oil and how to use them correctly.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

According to the package, these probiotics have the same effect as eating yogurt, although i have no way of really knowing if it's as potent.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You should tell your doc, maybe they will start to recommend it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You may get checked out more extensively as it appears something is fighting your immune system quite veraciously. I can see one not working, but several, just a suggestion, live strong bro

Star for you, I would flag but I dont have that power bestowed upon me yet.
Also, check out the health benefits of the chia seed, my favorite superfood!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY

Spray collodial silver on the wound twice daily.
Spray diluted hydrogen peroxide on it twice daily

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah, my father in-law was on the eat raw garlic thing for a couple of years. He told me to move his car one day, and the steering wheel and the entire car smelled like a garlic factory!
He wasn't taking it to relieve an ailment, he just heard that fresh garlic was good for your health. If people start keeping their distance from you, you'll know why.
I hope the raw garlic thing works out for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Yeah i'm definitely going to continue to get checked out until it's completely gone just in case, but according to many medical websites, it has a 40% chance of coming back in any patient, so it's just a pretty hard thing to get rid of from the start.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hey Bodhi,

Glad you discovered what very few know about grapefruit seed extract. Try this and let me know how you make out.
-10 drops of unfiltered grapefruit seed extract in a 4 ounce cup of OJ (you won't even taste it this way) Do this twice per day.
-(1) 250 mg capsule of Alpha Lipoic Acid
-(1) 500 mg capsule of olive leaf extract

Basically here's what happens with this routine. The grapefruit seed extract acts as your antibiotic. The alpha lipoic acid is your antioxidant which will aid in healthy cell reconstruction. The olive leaf capsule goes right to work on cranking up the immune system.

If you keep these three products in your house there's an awful lot of visits to the doctor's office that you can avoid. Hope that this helps. Stay well.

Sorry, got to write this: This is in no way medical advice as I am not a trained medical professional. I am just sharing this information with you in an effort to increase your awareness about these products. As always, please conduct your own research before taking anything to treat a medical condition.

edit on 1-8-2012 by MightyQuincunx because: disclaimer

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Tea Tree Oil, a.k.a. Melaleuca Oil. Kills Staff quickly. Jsut don't get it in your eyes. This stuff can cure a sore throat or tonsilitis form applications to the outside (the neck).

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I live by Oil Of Oregano for the immune system (and for many other issues )

and tea tree oil for any skin ailments, as I suffer from eczema and this helps tremendously.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone, i'll definitely check all these out.

Also, one thing i forgot to point out is, i haven't been tested yet, but my doctor said it's possible that i have a gluten sensitivity that is aiding in the infection/rash not healing entirely, so i cut out all gluten for the time being a couple days ago just in case. (It runs in my family, but i've never had any sort of allergic reaction in the past that i'm aware of.)
edit on 1-8-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

This is the only thing i'm not so sure about, i'm seen plenty of people praise it and others say it's incredibly bad for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Also, don't forget Aloe Vera (taken internally and externally). A simple search will demonstrate that it's impossible to say enough good things about it. Here's just a small sample:

The aloe vera miracle: A natural medicine for cancer, cholesterol, diabetes [etc.]...

• Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
• Lowers high cholesterol.
• Repairs "sludge blood" and reverses "sticky blood".
• Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
• Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
• Protects the body from oxidative stress.
• Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
• Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
• Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn's disease and other digestive disorders.
• Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
• Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
• Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
• Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
• Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
• Ends constipation.
• Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
• Prevents and treats candida infections.
• Protects the kidneys from disease.
• Functions as nature's own "sports drink" for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
• Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
• Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
• Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.

...and so on....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

Yeah i'd never heard of it in my life and didn't expect much, but not only has it helped the infection, it seems like ever since i started using it, my allergies and even my asthma have been much more mild. I'm amazed nobody knows about this stuff while dangerous medication is pushed on people instead.

I'll look into the other two things you listed, i'm assuming i can find them at the health food store i got the GSE from.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have fought cellulitis infection more than once, and the antibiotics combined with garlic, grape seed extract, oregon grape root, black walnut, and acidophilus, are the main cure.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hi! I'm stopping by to say that thanks to this thread, I discovered how wonderful GSE is. My husband had a reallllllly bad tooth infection and was in some major pain. He is allergic to almost all antibiotics and the dentist wanted the infection gone before extracting it. I tried some oregano on it, but the infection was not totally responding to it, because it was deep at the root of the tooth!

I remembered this thread and went and bought some GSE. He would not do the liquid form so I bought capsules. I put him on them 4 x a day and by the end of the 2nd day, NO pain and NO more swelling in the gum. I was in shock. It definitely worked as a natural antibiotic. He took it for 8 days, went to the dentist and the dentist said the infection was gone! He has continued the GSE after the extraction to make sure all infection is cleared.

This stuff is potent. I am really surprised. OP, hope you continue to do well.

top topics

join