It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican likens contraceptive mandate to Pearl Harbor, 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
reply to post by Honor93

Only Catholics are allowed to receive the Eucharist in Catholic Churches, so yes they only serve Catholics.

so, according to you, the religiously affiliated care centers should "discriminate" based on religious affiliation ?? wouldn't that be against the law, UnConstitutional and an infringement of every other human's right to care ??

If they want to run a for-profit hospital then they have to follow the same rules as everyone else. If they ran non-profit then they could follow Canon Law and only hire Catholics because it technically wouldn't be a job position but rather a volunteer position.
edit on 8/3/2012 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)
oh come on, i gave you credit for more wisdom than this.
receiving holy sacrament is not the same as "attending" or benefiting from the sermon presented.
no church would turn me away, regardless of my religious affiliation ... even if i worship satan regularly, most churches would still welcome me with open arms.

since when does "for profit" figure into the conversation ??
oh yeah, it IS all about the money, isn't it ??

they follow Cannon Law now, why do you think they would need to do anything different?
i've attended many Catholic services, been healed in a Catholic hospital and have received counseling with a Catholic Charity group and guess what ?? i am not, nor have i ever been, Catholic.

ETA: what makes you think that non-profit facilities work for "free" or with volunteers only ??
plenty of ppl who work for/with NPs get paid ... heck the CEOs of Red Cross and Salvation Army have been under fire for their unreasonable salaries for years.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What gets me is why people don't frown at the next politician blathering inanely against abortion or contraception and then ask a) if they want women to die from illegal back-street abotions (because that's what's going to happen, cretins) and b) why they think that women are therefore second-class citizens.

<< 1  2   >>

join