It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican likens contraceptive mandate to Pearl Harbor, 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

pat yourselves on the bat for supporting birth control(eugenics).

That is just stupid- insanely stupid.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The concept of birth control was born out of eugenics guy.

Maybe do some research into it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by CB328

Maybe do some research into it.

its nice to know you support a woman being forced to have baby even if it was conceived through a gang rape.

why dont you people fight for the living as much as you fight for zygotes?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Um...What?

Where are you getting this from?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

it was just a blind assumption. i really hope someone of your intelligence wouldnt support abortion to such an extreme.

sadly in my state the religious right want to make it this way.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

First of all I don't support abortion.

The scenario you describe is an exception.

Don't make stupid assumptions. My beliefs are not contingent on what is popular. Indeed, what is popular is not always what is right.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is a violation of religious freedom. If people don't fight it, then other rights we may have taken for granted as constitutional rights may no longer hold. The example cited I believe by the President was that if an entity gets government money, then the government can force you to accept conditions which violate constitutional rights.

Now if you expand the definition of who receives government money or services to include all owned or controlled government services such as airports, federal highways, your tax refund, perhaps even the postal service since they are regulated by our government, I can imagine everyone getting stripped of their rights if they want to receive government money or services. I believe that is how Hitler started out. Take away the people's rights in small steps. Eventually when it affects you, there won't be anyone left to defend what you care about.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I think the concept of birth control has been around for thousands of years. Probably due to famine.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Aren't they the same people who believe that if we allow gays to marry, the next thing you know people will be marrying turtles?

They're losing it! They're just losing it.

F&S for the OP

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

This year marked the fiftieth anniversary of the birth control pill, which many considered to have empowered women and sparked the sexual revolution. But as this list will show, women have had some control over their reproductive rights for millennia,

To say the idea of birth control started with eugenics is nonsense.

10 Ancient methods of Birth Control

edit on 2-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Nonsense?

The whole understanding of birth control in this country was championed by eugenicists. In particular prominent eugenicists like Margaret Sanger.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The whole understanding of birth control in this country was championed by eugenicists. In particular prominent eugenicists like Margaret Sanger.

Blue Cohosh

Blue cohosh, traditionally used for birth control by Native Americans, contains at least two abortifacient substances: one mimics oxytocin, a hormone produced during childbirth that stimulates the uterus to contract, and a substance unique to blue cohosh, caulosaponin, also results in uterine contractions. Midwives today may use blue cohosh in the last month of pregnancy to tone the uterus in preparation for labour. The completely unrelated but similarly named black cohosh also has estrogenic and abortifacient properties and was often combined with blue cohosh to terminate a pregnancy.

Birth Control in "THIS COUNTRY" was "Championed" long before Margaret Sanger's Eugenics drive.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Pedro4077

Nonsense?

one could agree with this statement IF it read ... the understanding of Pharmaceudical/Surgical birth control in this country was championed by eugenicists.
otherwise, you aren't looking back anywhere near far enough.

ppl used to (and still do) make home-made tonics to achieve exactly that.
no pharm, no scientists, no bureaucrats, no politics ... just nature and knowledge.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Every Catholic hospital operates under the letter of Canon Law.

As with Islam and Sharia Law, there's no problem with the Catholic PRACTITIONERS operating under religious law in concert with US law. Catholics themselves can conduct their lives and dictate the lives of other practicing and willing Catholics. But the religion cannot dictate US law, the same as Sharia law.

If Catholics want the legal control of their hospitals, then they'll have to let go of federal funding and take on the status similar to a church and not hire or treat people of other religions.

So if the government is giving you any assistance at all they can just enter your home whenever they want, they can arrest you for no reason, they can search you for no reason, and they can tell you what you can and cannot say for any reason they choose.

Not at all. But I must obey US law, REGARDLESS of my religion or whether or not I receive their assistance. If, by Catholic Law, I am not to use abortion, and I do, the Catholics can deal with me. But they cannot dictate that MY insurance (which is NOT a religious institution) not cover something because the Catholics disagree with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

US law cannot infringe upon the religious practice endorsed by Catholics.
fortunately, this ^^^ is Constitutionally protected while Federal funding is not.

US law cannot legally force any religious based institution to provide or participate in that which is against their religious practice.

the Catholics are not interested in your choice of insurance, they are interested in the insurance they are being FORCED to offer. that, they should control.

as they are against contraceptive practice, they should not be forced to cover or provide access to it, period.

what insurance you buy (if not a practicing Catholic) should have no bearing on what they must offer.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

fortunately, this ^^^ is Constitutionally protected while Federal funding is not.

Catholic hospitals are not, by law, considered religious institutions unless they are 1) Private, 2) hire only catholics, and 3) treat only catholics.

So therefore there are no religious practices to infringe on with this law.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You would think they would want bc to prevent abortion.

A healthy physical life in a marriage also makes a better marriage. If there is planned reproduction, a married couple can have a better marriage instead of being concerned about unwanted pregnancy

YOu would think they would want the divorce rate to go down.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Originally posted by Honor93

Catholic hospitals are not, by law, considered religious institutions unless they are 1) Private, 2) hire only catholics, and 3) treat only catholics.

So therefore there are no religious practices to infringe on with this law.
got any link to back up your opinion ?? so long as they are administered under the doctrine of the church, they are a religious entity.

your opinion would mean that no person could attend a Catholic church UNLESS they are Catholic and i assure you that is not the case in any church of any denomination.

so, according to you, the religiously affiliated care centers should "discriminate" based on religious affiliation ?? wouldn't that be against the law, UnConstitutional and an infringement of every other human's right to care ??

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Only Catholics are allowed to receive the Eucharist in Catholic Churches, so yes they only serve Catholics.

so, according to you, the religiously affiliated care centers should "discriminate" based on religious affiliation ?? wouldn't that be against the law, UnConstitutional and an infringement of every other human's right to care ??

If they want to run a for-profit hospital then they have to follow the same rules as everyone else. If they ran non-profit then they could follow Canon Law and only hire Catholics because it technically wouldn't be a job position but rather a volunteer position.
edit on 8/3/2012 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join