It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet avengers track down mean-spirited hacker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Tor was hacked years ago by the University of Colorado, and if you happen to route through a server owned by NSA or other government agencies across the world, you are susceptible to having your identity exposed. VPN + Chained TOR (can use virtualbox for this) + Proxy is the way to go. I also, completely disagree with "10's of servers". Check your vidalia, it shows you the servers you are routed through, and that number is less than 10.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Just supplying those who think all Anonymous representatives are bad another perspective. Apparently, this guy wanted to "get in" with the hacker crowd so he put on his tough guy diapers and hacked a charity website for children, causing significant financial loss. Well, I can tell you this, most hacktivists out there do not stand for hacking charity sites and children related sites. This guy hit two birds with one stone, and now his stone has been uncovered.

I'm surprised the media let anyone see the brighter side of this so-called "group" of Anonymous but I suppose they like reporting anything about them.

Another mark for the good guys!

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anonymous isn't a group, it is a concept. Combine Computer/Internet+ The Concept of the Persian Immortals(a horde of nameless/faceless soldiers) and gorilla warfare.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Anonymous is in the news again today after saying they knocked Australia's spy agency ASIO's website offline..

www.heraldsun.com.au

<< 1   >>

join