It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Big major congratulations sir

I wish you the best of luck and happiness for you and your wife!

Rustyy

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Aw, a little ATS'er. How cool. Pics or it didnt happen LOL.

Congrats to you both and a wish for good health to your new addition.

Marriage is like a poker hand you start out with a pair, and end up with a full house.

All my best to you and yours.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan

Marriage is like a poker hand you start out with a pair, and end up with a full house.

That is the best way of explaining a marriage I've ever heard xD

Rustyy

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What an awful time to bring a child into the world. Really. There couldn't be a more corrupt place to live.

Birth is not some "miracle" or some game. (Not saying you said it is.) But, geez, look around...Is this the world to raise a child?

People like to point out all the fraud and possible plans for a 'nwo' and how we are losing freedoms more and more, and yet there is still room for people to applaud when someone has a child? What a curse for the child. It might bring some 'light' for the parents for a few years, distract them, and have some young innocence around them, but what a sad day for the child because it has no idea what it's being born into..a world full of chaos and all the horrible stuff we see here on ATS on an continual basis.

I cannot support people having children in today's world, unless you're on of the lucky few who is above the law and can shield your child from the madness.

I realize this is a very unpopular stance to take, because a lot of people have had children and they will fight to defend their decision (or maybe it was an accident). It's okay. I aim to be consistent with my views.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
First off congratulations! They make you crazy, drive you insane and make you worry 24/7. But once they are in your life they are the biggest part of it and honestly will change your world for the better.

Originally posted by daynight42

Actually you'd be surprised that I sometimes agree with your sentiments, even though I'm a parent to two kids.
Nothing is certain, and the world could certainly go belly up at anytime. We live with the reality our kids could just be slaves by the time they are adults. While it's all a more likely truth the world is going to hell in a handbasket and our kids will be the ones to suffer, sometimes I think maybe our kids will be the ones, unlike us, to say "no more" and step up and do what we are unable to; to re-create the world the way it should be now.
Maybe they will be the ones who take no more of the corruption, and act. And maybe it's our duty to not only create that generation, but to guide them to the future we don't have now.
But I'm not going to tell you you are wrong that is not the ideal time to bring kids into the world. It isn't, but then again what time is? Any point in history has it's bad points, even now.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Perhaps you see the world as a dark place where no hope exists. I don't.

While the world has it's darkness, and there are some situations that are hopeless this does not justify the notion that a child cannot be brought up properly to do good things in the world that would bring a little more light.

JAK

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Congratulations projectvxn. Now hold tight!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Congratulations. My only advice to you is sleep now, after that baby comes you wont get a good nights sleep for at least 2 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by unthoughknown

I'm in the Army...We don't sleep anyway...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Congrats, my wife is pregnant with our first child also!!! When I seen the heart beat for the first time (8 weeks in) we both were so overwhelmed with joy. I hope a safe and happy pregnancy for you both...On a side note my wife was valed victorian and she has said some pretty dumb things as of late, I guess its called mommy brain. So many smiles ahead of you and your family.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Why stop living your happy life and concentrate on the evil??? I had many many many restless nights thinking about this and I said # it. We cannot (well we can but choose not to ) change this evil and corrupt world. Be happy, go outside and enjoy the precious air.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gunmetal

lol.

I took my wife to get her a tub of ice cream last night... It was late.

Congrats to you as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I just became a father 10 days ago. It's even better than I expected. Now I understand what my own father must have worried about before I was born. I have a new found respect for all dads out there. Good luck and enjoy every moment!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

People still had children during the Great Depression and during the Cold War. It is sad that some people let fear take over their lives. Every generation has its problems and worries.

On topic: Congrats op. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in this world that compares to being a parent

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I remember talking to you on Deviant Art a while back about my situation raising my niece. You are a friendly person with his head on tight. You will make an excellent father. Congratulations!

Get tylenol for ear infections-for you.
edit on 3/8/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

And of course thats whats most important here on ATS isnt it? Making sure everybody sees what you have to say..
That would be a matter of personal opinion. My opinion says that is a big ol' 'Nope'.

However, since you feel that it is important, you may want to try a lil harder next time, because you have obviously failed miserably with this↑ post.

I suppose that may not actually be a bad thing though, this time. Since you didn't actually say anything at all, that was worth reading.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Congrats for successfully performing your duties as a proper husband.

I just hope you manage to get your family out of Ft Reilly Kansas before they become bored to death. As a veteran of the 1st Infantry Division, I feel your pain.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It's not so bad here.

There's farmers markets, arcades, coffeeshops, all the MWR stuff on base. And it's a short drive to major cities if we want to get more city life stuff going.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

People still had children during the Great Depression and during the Cold War. It is sad that some people let fear take over their lives. Every generation has its problems and worries.

On topic: Congrats op. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in this world that compares to being a parent

Yea, they did, and the banks caused that Depression. They were having children either by accident (Church opposing contraception) or because they weren't giving much thought to how well their children would do in such a world. I mean, what a selfish thing to do. You have no idea what it will be like for you kid. It looks bleak. You obviously aren't able to provide a stable life. Things would get worse soon, but they have kids anyway. That's called being a wreckless parent and not considering the life you are about to create.

You wouldn't let your child have a puppy if you knew they wouldn't be able to take care of it properly. But, any old Joe Blow and Jan can go pop out babies like it's a game. Stop feeding the machine

Maybe they have children to distract them and give them hope. They are using their children to give them something. That is not favor to the child. Then they'll have the nerve to act like they were doing the child a favor by bringing it into this world.

You really have to be ignoring the mostly empty part of the glass to feel optimistic. I call it being in touch with reality. I do not gamble with the lives of others

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The people who were born during the depression turned out to be some of the best people this country ever put forth. They learned the value of money, they learned the virtue of sacrifice and how important family is. These are values I hope to instill in my child because it is these values that makes a family, a community, a nation strong and just.

If we had it your way we'd wallow in darkness for generations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join