It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney’s VP Pick – Pam Bondi??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Could it actually be possible that Mitt Romney is considering selecting Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi as his running mate? Most Americans have never even heard of her, but there are now indications that she has made the short list of VP contenders. Over the weekend she traveled up to New Hampshire to campaign for Romney, and Republican activists all over the country are buzzing about the fact that her name is seemingly being "floated" at a stage when it seemed like the list of VP hopefuls was being narrowed down. So what do we know about Bondi? Well, she is 46 years old, she is very accomplished, she is both articulate and attractive, and she was the lead attorney general in a national lawsuit against Obamacare. But would Romney actually risk selecting a woman as his running mate just four years after there was so much criticism of Sarah Palin? Everyone has just sort of assumed that there was very little chance that a woman would be selected, but the truth is that the selection of a woman is much more of a possibility than most Americans might think.
8 reasons why it might happen

I must admit that I’m in shock.

WTF??

Has this guy lost his mind? Why does the image of these two remind me of Barbi and Ken?

This lady is virtually unknown to most Americans and I’ve heard she’s got some baggage (IRS troubles). Could Romney possibly be this stupid? Is this an obvious attempt at throwing the campaign! With all of the other fabulous potential nominees....why BONDI??

What say you? Is this ridiculous or what?

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This only pans out if he is indeed planning on throwing any chance of getting elected out. He can't afford to put an unknown woman on his ticket, Her IRS baggage isn't really a big deal as far as voters are concerned as long as they are cleared up and taken care of. The only reason Romney's taxes are an issue is the secrecy he has put around them, leaving voters to wonder what it is he is hiding. This woman's lack of any sort of national presence is what ultimately makes her a huge risk.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

This only pans out if he is indeed planning on throwing any chance of getting elected out. He can't afford to put an unknown woman on his ticket, Her IRS baggage isn't really a big deal as far as voters are concerned as long as they are cleared up and taken care of. The only reason Romney's taxes are an issue is the secrecy he has put around them, leaving voters to wonder what it is he is hiding. This woman's lack of any sort of national presence is what ultimately makes her a huge risk.

I agree…nobody knows her.

This is reminiscent of McCain/Palin and we all know the outcome.

If he does pick Bondi, coupled with his lackadaisical behavior during this campaign, I will truly believe he intentionally threw this election; it makes no sense!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
He must really not give a s*** about the minority vote.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i hope he is that stupid, and i hope she runs in her bikini.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
First, Romney isnt meant to win.

Second, i think thistry is more like running a name up the flagpoll.

At this point, i think Rob Portman seems like the most likely candidate, but a lot will may change between now and the convention.

Portman oozes competence. He’s spent time in both the executive and legislative branches and everywhere he’s served he’s won kudos for his abilities. It’s hard to imagine that even his staunchest Democratic opponents would be able to argue that Portman wouldn’t be up to the task of being vice president or even president.

www.washingtonpost.com...

also, if you want to be the firs on ATS to know who the vep will be, Romney has an App for that:

www.mittromney.com...

The Romney campaign Tuesday announced the release of a new mobile application that will serve as the “first official distribution channel” for the news of Romney’s vice presidential nominee.

edit on 1-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

First, Romney isnt meant to win.

I’m beginning to get that sense…he’s just not acting like a guy with fire in the belly. Something seems fake (or staged) about this campaign.

At this point, i think Rob Portman seems like the most likely candidate, but a lot will may change between now and the convention.

He has many great choices but I would prefer Rubio personally. He has better name recognition, he best articulates the conservative message (much better than Romney himself) and he’ll bring Florida for sure.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

i hope he is that stupid,

I don’t! I want him to step up his game or step aside.

and i hope she runs in her bikini.

I’d love to see her ‘run’ in a bikini…just not in a presidential campaign….maybe just down the road or something.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I’m beginning to get that sense…he’s just not acting like a guy with fire in the belly. Something seems fake (or staged) about this campaign.

Pro-Tip: All the elections an candidates are fake or staged

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Bad news if he chooses her.
You might be interested in a thread I did about how horrible and corrupt she really is.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I showed my husband and he asked "Is that his hooker or his mistress or both?"

Leave it up to the hubsband...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Pro-Tip: All the elections an candidates are fake or staged

You are extremely cynical, friend!

I think a lot of people seek office with good intentions. What happens to them after they taste that power is another story.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Bad news if he chooses her.
You might be interested in a thread I did about how horrible and corrupt she really is.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, that’s what I alluded to in my OP…I should have linked your thread.

This is just a ridiculous move IMO (if he does it). Why do so many presidential candidates pull someone from obscurity and throw them onto the main stage. I’ve never looked into how many times it’s been successful but it’s happened a few times (most recently Dole did it and McCain did it)

In such an important election I would hope he’d do better….no offense to Bondi.

Even if she secured Florida for him, what then??

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

That's because this is staged. Some of the members here have compared this election to a previous election... Bush vs Kerry.

People should look into the election pretty closely. It was all staged!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh please let this be true.

With Mitt's current decisions and lack of thought...it may just be possible.

Although...I'm still sticking with my prior prediction of Kelly Ayotte or Rob Portman.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My wife worked with Pam Bondi when she was a prosecutor in Hillsborough County. She said she was a nice enough lady, but beyone the office acquaintance that was all the interraction they had.

There is NO WAY this is going to happen. It's a red herring, another question for the Obama campaign to consider and nothing more. Bondi does not have the qualifications needed to be VP... for heaven's sake, even Sarah Palin is more qualified than her.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I hear you. I don't know what runs through these people's heads half the time. What happened to him choosing Marco Rubio?
Why is he so concentrated on those who are positioned in Florida?

Bondi should've been removed from office. I have no idea why she's still there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I called this back in April.

The GOP VP nominee will be

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i hope he is that stupid, and i hope she runs in her bikini.

Oh Gawd

I coughed up my Scotch through my nose and all over the keyboard

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh Gawd

I coughed up my Scotch through my nose and all over the keyboard

Her beauty is breathtaking….as is Romney’s idiocy with this pick (if he does pick her)!

But it’s not worth wasting good Scotch over!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join