It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Protest in Springfield, Mo.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I don't know where to put this, so if Wrabbit doesn't mind I will stick it in his thread.

This is the picture that was taken by the local newspaper in my area today....

How would you feel looking at this and knowing all these people hate you - - just for the way you were born?

Kinda pathetic.

Well, I would know that they don't hate me because I was one of these folks in Springfield, as my OP might show. My emphasis has been from the start that hate and harsh words or feelings weren't a part of what I saw. It's not been reported as a part of the other locations around the nation. There may be a couple exceptions somewhere so I won't say all of them but I don't know of any that had incidents?

@Thread

Now, in a general way folks, I will say this and being my thread and all, I feel I have the right to at least this much and at least here.

Debate ideas, concepts or what have you...please don't turn it personal and turn ugly a thread that was created to highlight the lack of that very thing.

(Hops back down)

(Hops back and turns the light back to Green)

Oley!

(Hops back off real quick)
edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I am raising my daughter differently. She see people as people and I hope she spreads it to hers...one small step.

That was a beautiful post. I raised my daughter (and now grandchildren) "People are their Heart".

I always admired my mom for something she did. I never knew she was raised racist - - until one day I overheard her say something racist. I asked her about it. She told me: "This is your generation - not mine. You need to live and be your generation not mine. Racism does not belong in your generation."

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I am raising my daughter differently. She see people as people and I hope she spreads it to hers...one small step.

That was a beautiful post. I raised my daughter (and now grandchildren) "People are their Heart".

I always admired my mom for something she did. I never knew she was raised racist - - until one day I overheard her say something racist. I asked her about it. She told me: "This is your generation - not mine. You need to live and be your generation not mine. Racism does not belong in your generation."

Thank you. I am not sure why I felt the need to post it but here we are...

The older generation did have a lot more racism to deal with and I guess some are slowly coming above their raising as well. Your mom did awesome by doing that and you are doing awesome by spreading it as well. I think if more people read the part in crazy's post about those thinking all the folks in line hating them, it would turn a few more over to seeing that people are people.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
dp, sorry.
edit on 3-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
Most people just ignore gay histrionics because most people don't talk about where they had intercourse, anatomically speaking, and just aren't interested.

This one statement invalidates any positive you might have said.

The only people that constantly focus on gay sex is the anti-gay group.

Are you serious? Constantly focusing on gay sex sounds like a gay past time. They don't care about any other sexual preferences. Even the police are trained to discern 'try-sexuals', those who will try anything, according to a training manual I checked out from the library, whereas hard and fast gays are singled out for a dark agenda, and willingly participate in it. Once again: they are being used, for a one-world agenda. Once the circuits of world political power are completed, would it surprise you to find that the winds have changed, and that now you are hunted for your 'stigma', and branded as a freak?

Muck it up all you want. This came from 1 place and 1 place only. My special project, rahm emanuel, arch zionist and master assimilator.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sorry Wrabbit. I did make a few extra posts but they weren't debating really. You don't have to "hop" down as it is your thread and you are the bunnymaster.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

lol.. Naww.. It was just starting to head where some threads have gone before and that can get really ugly. This thread Title even has my town. It'll be indexed....ATS and Google, wow that is a fast listing.

Anyway.. I just mention anything for the directly personal attacks. The only personal thing I've seen out there yet was the Bozo in the drive through who has turned out to be a FORMER (now) CFO from Vante Corp or some such thing. Someone who certainly should gave been above that.

Nothing else seems to have gone wrong. It's been great. I hope that continues when I go out tomorrow. This time I'll finally grab my pro camera and get some decent shots. I hadn't expected to find anything like I did this time so I only had my cybershot with me. I may just throw my tripod in for the heck of it and just in case anything really interesting looks to be developing.

Don't let me interrupt... and thanks for the Mall shot. I'd thought about the mall here and the line was out the door from what I saw on the street. I had enough the other day though. Tomorrow, if anything is going on at the first location, I will take the time to go into the mall too and get photos there to share with everyone.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Most people just ignore gay histrionics because most people don't talk about where they had intercourse, anatomically speaking, and just aren't interested.

Are you serious? Constantly focusing on gay sex sounds like a gay past time.

It is the anti-gay group that completely focuses on gay sex and can't shut up about it. It's like it consumes them.

Gays - - just live their normal lives. You know - - go to work - go to the grocery store - take in a movie - go shopping - go to sports events -- etc etc.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Come on now, the food is vastly superior to other fast food. The chicken is real chicken, the waffle fries are good, the ice cream and shakes are good, the polynesian sauce is good. The customer service is stellar. The restaurants are clean.

You may not like chicken, or you may not like fast food in general, or you may not like their CEO, but saying their food or service is subpar is just a flat out lie. Compared to any other fastfood chain out there, CFA is extremely superior.

The customer service was good, I agree.

But, that's it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, I would know that they don't hate me because I was one of these folks in Springfield, as my OP might show. My emphasis has been from the start that hate and harsh words or feelings weren't a part of what I saw.

Are you gay?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Are you serious? Constantly focusing on gay sex sounds like a gay past time.

It is the anti-gay group that completely focuses on gay sex and can't shut up about it. It's like it consumes them.

Gays - - just live their normal lives. You know - - go to work - go to the grocery store - take in a movie - go shopping - go to sports events -- etc etc.

Well I don't know what most people do. I am trying to avoid listing some other things gays do, out of propriety.

Go to Congress, hire a hit man to cover their duality, check out the locker room for pretty bodies to admire, maybe sponsor a parade, or blackball a few business operations, or blackmail a few closeted down lows...hang out at the men's room, tap dancing while looking for a new partner...I don't know. I do know that there's an agenda in getting persons to willingly accept labels placed on themselves, and for them to seek state sanctioned recognition for a God given right they ought not have to ask for. When the world becomes 'one', they will have no place to flee should a new face seize control of the world. That could easily happen. Don't you understand that there are guys like santorum who will buzz a bedroom with drone technology, just to prevent assplay, even among heteros? The media could easily whip a face like that into a budding mussolini. I don't see how something that is nobody's business became like a facebook entry about their most intimate relations. It's a trap. People have their, er, predilections. Why is it anyone's business?

Because some one wants it that way.

ETA: I cannot prove what I am about to say, but I remember 'don't ask don't tell' as originally being 'don't ask, don't answer'. There is a difference, as one says I won't 'tell you', the other says 'I won't dignify your question with a response'. I trust that you can make the distinction between the way those two slogans are written.

Can you understand the difference?

Silly me, pointing out little things that don't mean anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The fact you have to ask at all means I've been successful in keeping my politics on the issue out of this, at least in my own messages.

I'm not changing that now. We are or will be on other threads where the path that answer leads down is more appropriate. Ask me there. In terms of anything I'm choosing to jump into here, it doesn't make any difference either way.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Aha, therein lies the problem of our mis-communication.
The definition of 'religion' appears to be completely different to both of us.

I believe you are using the terminology "religion" to mean "religious sect - (ie: Christianity, Judaism, Islam).

However this is not the manner in which I used it in my statement "marriage is a 'religious right' and not a government privilege".

I was exclusively using the definition 4 found at Free dictionary online:

4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Under this vague definition, it is clear that we can include every person of any belief system that their is.

Those who are theists, agnostics, or even atheists fit under this definition. It is their principles which are pursued with zeal and devotion.
We can include any group, any race, any sexual orientation. If they "believe", they are "religious" perhaps without even being aware of it.
Even the belief in government and government policy is religious under this wide sweeping definition # 4.

Also eliminating the government's need for 3rd party signature does not open the door for any bizarre bestiality or child pedophilia.

A traditional marriage contract, such as found in nearly any culture worldwide historically, requires two legitimate parties to sign onto it to make it lawful. A mere animal is not capable of producing a lawful signature, and under age children are not legally applicable to make valid contractual agreements until otherwise indicated by their local laws, usually somewhere in between 16-18 is required to produce a valid lawful signature.

On the issue of taxation specifically, there is a very complex series of debates with multiple issues that must be dealt with. For example, a single parent with children cannot get the same tax breaks that a married couple with children can get. Or for that matter, a married couple with no children will get marriage reductions while the single parent has to find alternative routes for tax relief. This is complicated and there are many facets to the many individual problems.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to address them for you (or anyone), so feel free to ask.
Also, if you have any additional criticisms or believe their to be any problems, I will also gladly address them as well in a straight forward and insightful manner.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

You may not like chicken, or you may not like fast food in general, or you may not like their CEO, but saying their food or service is subpar is just a flat out lie. Compared to any other fastfood chain out there, CFA is extremely superior.

How is it a lie? It's a subjective opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a lie. I'm not crazy about Chick-fil-a because i'm not enamored of bland chicken on white bread and I don't eat fried food.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So, a girl that works for me, and is lesbian, and has been in a relationship for 20+ years, and is open about her sexuality, has suggested I go to Chick Fil A for lunch today, because apparently they are staging a "kiss off" where lesbian girls are in the parking lot kissing today? It is supposed to be a nationwide thing.

I really don't see how this will hurt the business?
Seems like a pretty good way to increase the business if you ask me!

Also, the woman that suggested this said she has no problem with Chick Fil A, she still loves their shakes and their chicken and she will still be eating there regularly.

So, looks like I'll be eating lunch at Chick Fil A, for the 3rd time this week, this time with my lesbian co-worker, so that we can watch the girls kissing in the parking lot. What a hell of a story this has become. Tim Burton couldn't have imagined this.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Why not protest Boston's mayor then?
bostonherald.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's called the law of unintended consequences.

All thanks to the Muppets!

i'm reminded of this one Murphy Brown episode. Apparently she did a story about something and some woman objected to it and tried to censor it. When it wasn't censored, she decided to take the case to the sponsors. She threatened to boycott the sponsors if they didn't support her. Many of them pulled their support in fear of the boycott.

Eventually it came down to one company and they were both seeing this guy. He agreed with the woman on all her criticisms of the story, but wouldn't support her boycott. The woman left in a big huff, upset at him. When Murphy asked him why, he said, "well, if there's something on I don't like I can always change the channel." When she asked him about the customers he was going to lose because of her, he said "that's the beauty of it, because there is always new customers".

Which is my favorite episode of the series, because of the message. If you don't like something, just go someplace else and let other people live their lives and stop worrying about it if they agreed with you or not.

edit on 3-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Annee

The fact you have to ask at all means I've been successful in keeping my politics on the issue out of this, at least in my own messages.

No - I did not have to ask. I chose to ask.

If you are standing in line at Chick-fil-A - - supporting free speech - - but also support gay marriage - - - do you wear a rainbow hat or something?

Because a gay person watching all these people showing up to support Chick-fil-A - - - sees only one message.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Also, the woman that suggested this said she has no problem with Chick Fil A, she still loves their shakes and their chicken and she will still be eating there regularly.

Not all people are political. Not all gays are aware of what businesses/individuals do to deny them their rights. Not all gays care. Many - just like heteros - - just want to live their life and be left alone - - at least when they are young.

When they think about getting married and raising a family - - - it will mean more to them.

Great! She knows about the "Kiss Day". Does she know that Mr. Cathy has donated 5 million dollars to politically motivated anti-gay hate groups - - - to deny her Equal Rights?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For those who may be following my thread for the report today, I want to note I am definitely still heading out and in a couple hours. I'm timing it for 4-5pm to match the dinner time and time frame of the shots which opened my thread.

In the mean time, here is the scene at 1:10pm.

That is a Traffic Camera mounted at the intersection about 1/4 to the North of the Chick-Fil-A that the OP post has photographs of. The store is on the left, third road sign from the bottom, on the frontage road. The chicken logo is a bit obscured by a blue thing of some kind. I'll see when I get there a bit later. I'm curious now. Anyway....

Updated Photos on a 5 Minute rotation

They update roughly every 5 minutes and as one can see by the OP, if/when things pick up, there will be plenty to see from this vantage to indicate it's gotten very busy. Enjoy if the events today give something to watch!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join