It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Chick-Fil-A Protest in Springfield, Mo.

page: 5
23
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think gay people should be able to get married, I love me some chick fila. Eat there all the time, at least once a week. More since this debacle began.

He didn't say anything hateful for bigoted, the company isn't discriminating or anything like that. This is the dumbest thing ever.




posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah Chick-Fil-A is by far the best chicken fast food joint I have ever been to.

But I gotta say, I am really disturbed and disappointed.
I love the idea of everyone protesting the media's one-sided story and all of that but cmon folks.

One of the biggest protest events in recent history and it's all over one of the least important issues of our time?

I'd love to see protests like this against any random govt agency. But I won't hold my breath, because if the media doesn't suggest it than no one will do it.

And yes I'm implying this must be some sort of conspiracy between Chick-Fil-A, the LGBT, the media, and whoever the mind control experts are. My reasoning : There is no way this fast food chain could have anticipated or prepared to have on hand the inventory necessary for this.

I remember more than one instance where Chick-Fil-A had run out of a specific item, and that was years ago with "normal" customer patronage. I have no idea how they could have enough stock on hand to meet this type of exceptional demand.

They should have run out of chicken within a few hours, in my estimation.
Someone had to have tipped them off to pre-order a few weeks ago all of this extra inventory.

Of course I could be wrong and every location went out of inventory within a few hours, but I haven't heard any claims like that so far. If it has been claimed I apologize for missing it.

Is it possible that Chick-Fil-A conspired behind closed doors with the LGBT groups and the media to create this false-protest scenario? Seriously if people think that America's biggest problem is the finer details of unnecessary "govt marriage licences", we are so screwed it's not even funny.

Where are the protests against constant tax hikes? Against LEO's abuse of power? Against the wars or highly questionable international treaties?

No one protested the Patriot Act with this widespread fervor or determination.
That's why I find it really disappointing.
edit on 2-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I think gay people should be able to get married, I love me some chick fila. Eat there all the time, at least once a week. More since this debacle began.

He didn't say anything hateful for bigoted, the company isn't discriminating or anything like that. This is the dumbest thing ever.


Rather than being a random idiotic chain of events, I am more inclined to think there was an ulterior agenda at play.

Not just about driving huge sales and making big $, but also to serve as a distraction and decoy to lead people away from more needed protests on the really important issues, like the widespread tyranny going around.

Read my post above for more details about that hypothesis.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
youtu.be...

CampusReform.org
[VIDEO] Professor verbally abuses Chick-fil-A drive-through employee



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   


If I might make an observation here. You seem to be coming from a starting point which assumes something that is now proven false. The suggestion that his position has hurt the business seems pretty hard to support when the reports seem to keep coming from around the nation that they really packed them in today. Best Buy and Bed bath and Beyond are a block and a half or so from this one so I'm through there enough for my wife or myself. I've never seen it like that.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I'm just stating that businesses have to be careful with political statements. If the company statement helped their business, that's great. However, people coming out and supporting the company now is short lived. The novelty will eventually wear off. The question is, in the long run, will they lose customers from the gay and lesbian community?



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is also something to bear in mind;

www.facebook.com...



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I tend to agree with you. I don't know if it's a vast conspiracy but, I'm pretty sure it's just an attention grabbing ploy. I will have no part in it.

I think it's easier to fight over social issues for a lot of people because the corruption in the system is rather overwhelming when you think about it. It's easier to latch on to "No gays" or some other social issue.
edit on 2-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I think gay people should be able to get married, I love me some chick fila. Eat there all the time, at least once a week. More since this debacle began.

He didn't say anything hateful for bigoted, the company isn't discriminating or anything like that. This is the dumbest thing ever.
If you are intentionally eating at CFA more as a result to Dan Cathy's anti-gay statements, that makes you anti-gay yourself. You are no friend to the gay community. And the fact you value chicken over marriage equality definitely shows your so-called support isn't very strong whatsoever.

Hateful=I think we are inviting God's wrath when we "say we know better" as to what constitutes a marriage.

Hateful=Gays should not be allowed to start families.

Hateful=Marriage equality will lead to social destruction.

Bigoted=Being against the equal rights of same-sex couples.

You either support bigotry, or you do not support bigotry. Guess we see which side you fall on.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah Chick-Fil-A is by far the best chicken fast food joint I have ever been to.

But I gotta say, I am really disturbed and disappointed.
I love the idea of everyone protesting the media's one-sided story and all of that but cmon folks.

One of the biggest protest events in recent history and it's all over one of the least important issues of our time?

I'd love to see protests like this against any random govt agency. But I won't hold my breath, because if the media doesn't suggest it than no one will do it.

And yes I'm implying this must be some sort of conspiracy between Chick-Fil-A, the LGBT, the media, and whoever the mind control experts are. My reasoning : There is no way this fast food chain could have anticipated or prepared to have on hand the inventory necessary for this.

I remember more than one instance where Chick-Fil-A had run out of a specific item, and that was years ago with "normal" customer patronage. I have no idea how they could have enough stock on hand to meet this type of exceptional demand.

They should have run out of chicken within a few hours, in my estimation.
Someone had to have tipped them off to pre-order a few weeks ago all of this extra inventory.

Of course I could be wrong and every location went out of inventory within a few hours, but I haven't heard any claims like that so far. If it has been claimed I apologize for missing it.

Is it possible that Chick-Fil-A conspired behind closed doors with the LGBT groups and the media to create this false-protest scenario? Seriously if people think that America's biggest problem is the finer details of unnecessary "govt marriage licences", we are so screwed it's not even funny.

Where are the protests against constant tax hikes? Against LEO's abuse of power? Against the wars or highly questionable international treaties?

No one protested the Patriot Act with this widespread fervor or determination.
That's why I find it really disappointing.
edit on 2-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)
I agree with you to a certain extent, but what has to be said, first of all, gay rights is a very important issue and it's not just marriage that makes it a very important issue. That's number one. Number two, for better or worse, gay rights is the civil rights issue of our time. It is the main social issue in America and symbolizes very much so where America is at in regards to what people think about our culture, our government.

There is no conspiracy here but there is attention seeking and grabbing on all fronts. Specifically from right-wingers and the media. The media is loving the CFA drama, and right-wingers are the one who are going out of their way to create a liberal vs conservative fight here.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If I might make another observation as I read down the thread. This really did mean different things to people and I believe that. I think some feel very strongly on grounds of Faith and so, came out to eat last night. Others feel strongly on the underlying issue for other reasons.

Ultimately though, I didn't personally see any indications of anything hateful or disagreeable. If this had been showing signs of any form of Anti-Gay event, my wife made very clear she'd be coming right back and I could go back alone. She feels real deep on this and 100% opposite from my own thoughts on it.

It wasn't about that in the end though and she came away feeling glad to have gone. This transcends gay marriage or LGBT issues as a whole, in my opinion.

This is about the man's right as the owner of his private business, to express an opinion however he wishes and to use the proceeds of HIS private business in any legal way he sees fit. He has this right. We all do. We have this right without interference from Government, or at least we're suppose to and Section 1, Article 1 of the United States Constitution says so in absolutely clear terms.


Now in a final thought for me. I won't blow sunshine and lie by saying I'd have gone out to support the man if he had the opposite opinion of my own. That's not accurate in my own case and I won't play like it would be. However, I wouldn't be hateful or hostile to those who DID go support a business with the complete opposite view. I have my right, they have theirs and Mr. Cathy sure has his. That is what this was and IS all about, to my thinking.

THAT is worth the effort taken last night and it's worth far more if opportunity allows for further signs of support to this issue. The freedom of expression, not the LGBT debate.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
I agree with you to a certain extent, but what has to be said, first of all, gay rights is a very important issue and it's not just marriage that makes it a very important issue. That's number one. Number two, for better or worse, gay rights is the civil rights issue of our time. It is the main social issue in America and symbolizes very much so where America is at in regards to what people think about our culture, our government.

There is no conspiracy here but there is attention seeking and grabbing on all fronts. Specifically from right-wingers and the media. The media is loving the CFA drama, and right-wingers are the one who are going out of their way to create a liberal vs conservative fight here.


You have been misled as a result of ignorance of law.
No one who is homosexual goes to jail or gets fined for their practice (in recent times that I am aware of).

However, government issued marriage "licenses" are unconstitutional. It is essentially a contract between the government and the couple, rather than the traditional historical marriage contract which was only between the two parties.

Government licensing of marriage is used for one main purpose, to discriminate.

We need to eliminate the issuance of licenses (permission) for something that we all have a right to. This is the correct path to solving this dilemma.

Historically marriage licenses were used to segregate and regulate inter-racial marriages. Look up the history.
Also, note that historically through common law procedures, a marriage contract can be upheld by courts without needing the government to also sign the contract as a third party.

Every benefit "licenses" supposedly offer (aside of a discriminatory tax break), the original contract between two people can supply, and in fact the government uses this to DENY people the right to marry!

Eliminate licenses if you really want marriage freedom for all peoples.
Marriage is a religious right, not a government granted privilege.

That is exactly why it is for sure a conspiracy. The entire debacle is designed to convince people to support the licensing scheme and seek to reform or amend it, rather than the correct solution which is to dissolve the practice altogether.

If you want more info, you can Google "Muzzleflash Abovetopsecret Marriage Licenses" and look at all of the hard points I have made and review all of the diverse links to historical documents I have used to prove this case beyond any reasonable doubt.
edit on 2-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd eat at Chik-Fil-A if i liked their food, but they have a strange seasoning in their meat my palette doesn't care for. That being said, i might have to drop by for the hell of it.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
im not saying im for or against anything here, just wanted to say it makes me sick that people can get angry about what stance a bussines has on a topic and keep trying to preach tollerance yet all the while being intollerant to the right of such people to have an opinion and express it. We as americans are so hypicritical its discusting.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BennyTheBlade
im not saying im for or against anything here, just wanted to say it makes me sick that people can get angry about what stance a bussines has on a topic and keep trying to preach tollerance yet all the while being intollerant to the right of such people to have an opinion and express it. We as americans are so hypicritical its discusting.



AGAIN... it isn't about the CEO's opinion about gay marriage or peoples freedom of speech, its about not supporting a corporation who donated $2 million dollars towards groups actively defined as hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center, www.splcenter.org... (Family Research Council, Winshape, Family Research Institute, among others.) The CEO is guaranteed his right to say what he wants about who he wants through the US Constitution as are we all, but buying CFA products means you are going to help contribute funds to organizations that fund hate and intolerance.
edit on 2-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Marriage is a religious right, not a government granted privilege.
Whenever someone makes this statement, it invalidates every single thing they say. This is wrong, it will always be wrong. And the Ron Paulian arguments against government marriage fail as a result. Although I agree that marriages were previously personal/inter-familial contracts. That has zilch to do with today's marriages. The institution of marriage has fundamentally changed.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Marriage is a religious right, not a government granted privilege.
Whenever someone makes this statement, it invalidates every single thing they say. This is wrong, it will always be wrong. And the Ron Paulian arguments against government marriage fail as a result. Although I agree that marriages were previously personal/inter-familial contracts. That has zilch to do with today's marriages. The institution of marriage has fundamentally changed.


Please indulge us and if you don't mind, elaborate further and explain exactly why "religious rights" are null and void?

Also you are committing a logical fallacy, as I will explain:

You must take every statement one at a time to determine it's individual veracity/validity.
You cannot take one false statement someone said, and use it to nullify every other statement.

That means I can go dig up one mistake from your past, and use it against you forever in the future, which is illegitimate and illogical.

Now, if you have a spare moment, articulate your point as to why "govt marriage licenses" are legitimate and not used to discriminate against specific groups today?

You cannot just throw around insults and denials and expect it to reach the bar of reasonable debate. You must supply valid reasoning to support your case. I will await your possible response.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Please indulge us and if you don't mind, elaborate further and explain exactly why "religious rights" are null and void?

Now, if you have a spare moment, articulate your point as to why "govt marriage licenses" are legitimate and not used to discriminate against specific groups today?
Given the entire basis of your argument fails, that marriage is a religious union and not a governmental one, yes, everything you say before and after that becomes invalid. You may say particular individual things which are factually correct but the pieces of the puzzle don't fit.

Religious rights are not null and void. Civil marriage has nothing to do with religion. So it's completely irrelevant to the discussion. People can marry without ANY religious involvement, and do daily. It is a complete non-entity.

Government marriage licences, well, there are reasons that some may feel valid as to why marriages are governmentally recognized and governmentally regulated. Those reasons are financial (ie. tax reasons), they are plain reasons of common sense (ie. human-animal relations being illegal), they are logistical reasons. It's not just one specific reason, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these things, but ultimately, I know that the institution of marriage today is a governmentally-recognized personalized union between two people. Single individuals have advantages couples don't have, and vice versa.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't know where to put this, so if Wrabbit doesn't mind I will stick it in his thread.


This is the picture that was taken by the local newspaper in my area today....



Link here -www.martinsvillebulletin.com...


Shortly after noon Wednesday, hundreds of people lined up at Chick-fil-A in Liberty Fair Mall in Martinsville. The line wound around the center court area outside the restaurant and down one wing of the mall. There did not appear to be any protesters in the crowd.
Some people said they were there to support Cathy’s comments on marriage; others said they were there to support his right to express his opinion. Many said they were there to show support for both.
Metcalf, of Spencer, attended the event with his wife, Judy, and their grandson, Tyler Ford, 13, of Florida.
“People can have their own beliefs. They can believe what they want,” Ford said, explaining that right applies to everyone.
Steve Metcalf said his participation in the appreciation day was a statement.
“It says that anybody can have their own beliefs, but we don’t have to put up with somebody else being intolerant as they claim tolerance,” said Metcalf as he patiently waited near the back of the line in the mall. “I’m astounded. Happily astounded” at the show of support for Chick-fil-A, he added.


This is a tiny spot in a tiny mall. Not as big as Wrabbit's turn out though. Just figured I would share what it looked like from here.

BTW...Wrabbit, if you would rather I not post this in your thread let me know and I will remove it ASAP.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What I'd like to see is Jim Henson calling and end to the hostilities from both sides. This thing has blown up way out of proportion than it need to have.

Because basically, he started it.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
What I'd like to see is Jim Henson calling and end to the hostilities from both sides. This thing has blown up way out of proportion than it need to have.

Because basically, he started it.
No, homophobes started it by going out of their way to attack the gay community. CFA is simply the company they're all rallying behind, but the conservative/religious fundamentalist vs gay/pro-gay fight has been raging long before this. Now it's on a national level.

This is a social war and it's not going to end anytime soon. And it definitely is not going to be pretty.




top topics



 
23
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join