It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Protest in Springfield, Mo.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Bah, maybe I'm coming down with the flu. My nose won't stop running either. I got the hot and cold chills too.
If my sister is sick, like she always is, then I know it's chick filet.
I feel so lousy.

Ah, just my luck.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
People that eat in corporate franchise fast food joints deserve what they want and get.

I prefer a mom and pop operation; owner owned and operated. I don't care if they are Christian, Muslims, Heathens or worship a plastic representation of Elvis; there is something about entrepreneurs and owner operated joints that appeal to me over franchises.

Striking another blow against corporate tyranny.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by drock905

You support a group that is trying to deny another group of people certain rights? How tolerant of you...

They aren’t denying anybody anything. It’s a privately owned company and its owners are free to voice their opinions and free to fund any damn thing they want…just like any American. Get over it!

Twenty years from now all the people supporting this company will be ashamed of themselves.

Not me!

I don’t try to silence people I disagree with. What law have they broken?? What gives you the right to judge them? They are free, as are you!

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

IMO When a person of power (even if it's a fast food restaurant owner) uses a podium to preach intolerance He is adding to the hate and the movement. What was the point of him saying this publicly? There had to be a goal right? Was it to solidify hate and get these people together as a group?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This place had record sales in all locations in lexington, ky. Thats a fact. However, i do agree that you should be able to have freedom of speech and say what you want and this is fine. The other side is that although they may have had a record day, they definitely lost a lot of sales from gays over time that will inevitably superceed this one day. Poor business move, but not near as poor as being closed on sundays. If you know that they are closed on sundays, you know not to be surprised by anything done by this owner with his personal morals over financial decisions. Things are good now, but we will see if his stances change if things ever get not so good. But i guess we should ultimately give the guy kudos for not being a sell out. He obviously just wants sales from a particular market and isnt afraid to say it. Eventually though, this could backfire over time.

I would like to add that the home depot i work for right next to one of these restaraunts has a great relationship with each other. We openly support gays... Hahaha. In fact i think they leased that property from us. Haha.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Poopooplatter because: Addition

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Chik-fil-A has donated over $5 million in the past few years to numerous groups listed by the Southern Poverty Group as hate groups. One of those groups even advocates exporting of all gay people. Others advocate outlawing homosexuality. Another says pedophilia is a result of homosexuality. Most demand gays not be allowed to be teachers, be allowed to adopt, etc.

Gay marriage is the least of it.

If you are cool with patronizing business that proudly funds groups that have much in common with hard core skin heads and neo nazis, hey, have at it. It is just a meal right? Be proud that your dollars are going towards denying the humanity of another group of Americans. In fact, be so proud all you and your family pile into a car, pound down a sack of fried chicken patties and waffle fries and post the pic all over Twitter and Facebook. What a great American and Christian that makes you.
edit on 2-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I just got back from there just now, and there food sucks. Bojangles and Popeye's supersede that place. Blah, had two bites and threw it away. Even my dog won't touch it and he eats everything.

My dad forced me to go..

It's a no wonder, I never ate there.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

LOL I agree, don't care much for the controversy over chick fil A either. Also can't stand their heart attack sandwiches. I choose life.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Chicken Sandwiches have no Political Opinion.

Especially crappy sandwiches that are most likely genetically modified.

It's a CHICKEN SANDWICH!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
Chicken Sandwiches have no Political Opinion.

Especially crappy sandwiches that are most likely genetically modified.

It's a CHICKEN SANDWICH!!!

We live in a time that is so uninspiring, that people want so much to find something to make them feel good, that chicken sandwiches do, indeed, seem to foster a political opinion.

The "feel good" is the Jones of the media junkies.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Maybe every polling place should have a Chick-Fil-A stand out front.

Well why don't you just open up a watermelon stand while you're at it? You're a RACIST!

/sarcasm

Sorry, I was just retiring that card before some liberal progressive brought it up for real. It seems to me that if one really wants to get a glimpse of intolerance, they need to look to the left. If you don't agree with their views, then you are not welcome in their cities.

I wish everyone that voted on this issue with their choice of dinner had the ability to move out of those cities for more tolerant ones. Anyone notice how the three Democratic mayors that told Chick-Fil-A to get lost preside over the largest CESSPOOLS that can be found in this country? If I had a few billion dollars, I'd give everyone the means to get out of those cities and leave them to rot 500 Years After People style.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If people really want to continue eating at this establishment, let them go ahead
High cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes do not discriminate

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great! i look forward to your report.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just watching CNN while I was in line at the bank.

Apparently yesterday was a record-setting day for single day Chick-Fil-A sales! The reporters covering the story said they got very few responses from people regarding gay marriage, it was mostly support of a company that has stood by its code, and supported its employees, and supported its communities. Just below that line of reasoning was the backlash for all the politically correct BS that has swept the nation.

SO, for those of you thinking this is about gay marriage, it is NOT! All the people supporting Chick Fil A, are doing so because of things that actually matter, not just the stupid Boston of Mayor.

AND, let's not forget, this all started, because the Mayor of Boston reached out to intentionally DISCRIMINATE against Chick Fil A in a letter asking them not to open up a new location in "the Hub" in his city. This was never about Chick Fil A discriminating against anybody, and they never have discriminated against anybody. This was about 1 guy being an ass, and all of this political backlash from the population that is benefitting the restaurant chain is a result of that guy firing the first shot, and that guy being close-minded. Not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's funny how people think a one day bump in sales somehow means CFA has won this situation, when their brand approval rating continues to decline. Meaning the value of the company has declined because there are more potential/previous consumers who are now anti-Chick-fil-A than pro-CFA. But hey, I know that the social conservatives are desperate to make a point by stuffing their pace with greasy fatty foods, so keep doing it. Having fun being unhealthy!
edit on 2-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i WILL never spend money and gas supporting a company for their advertising promotionals.....just cool og your head and think.....The next time we are gonna heard that McDONALS is turning against abortion......yeah what the hell has tod do with each other?...................But the masses are hungry to belong somewhere.......

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
It's funny how people think a one day bump in sales somehow means CFA has won this situation, when their brand approval rating continues to decline. Meaning the value of the company has declined because there are more potential/previous consumers who are now anti-Chick-fil-A than pro-CFA. But hey, I know that the social conservatives are desperate to make a point by stuffing their pace with greasy fatty foods, so keep doing it. Having fun being unhealthy!
edit on 2-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

Pretty bold statement seeing as none of the current situation's data would be represented in any of the current reports.

As it stands now, Chick-Fil-A is still trending upwards rapidly. 2011 sales are up by 13.08% over 2010.

2009-2010: Up 11.36%
2008-2009: Up 9.53%
2007-2008: Up 11.21%

Where 2012 will end up, appreciation day or not, has yet to be seen.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It was a record bump, only because, half of the people who were there, had no clue of the real reason being there, until after they got stuck in line to hear about it.

The food sucks...

I will never go there again.

Period.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Personal views aside-If they make good food, I'm gonna eat there. And even though I don't think they should be butting their noses in other peoples personal business they do have the right to their opinions.
On a side note, McDonalds has lost my business for life. They made the mistake of saying, in one of their commercials, that eating their chicken nuggets was safer than petting a Pit Bull. Big mistake.
Why would I no longer eat at McDonalds and still eat at CFL? Cause humans can stand up for themselves, animals can not. That and I'm a huge supporter of Pit Bulls

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I just got back from there just now, and there food sucks. Bojangles and Popeye's supersede that place. Blah, had two bites and threw it away. Even my dog won't touch it and he eats everything.

My dad forced me to go..

It's a no wonder, I never ate there.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

This isn't about the food. It's much bigger than that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It was a record bump, only because, half of the people who were there, had no clue of the real reason being there, until after they got stuck in line to hear about it.

The food sucks...

I will never go there again.

Period.

Come on now, the food is vastly superior to other fast food. The chicken is real chicken, the waffle fries are good, the ice cream and shakes are good, the polynesian sauce is good. The customer service is stellar. The restaurants are clean.

You may not like chicken, or you may not like fast food in general, or you may not like their CEO, but saying their food or service is subpar is just a flat out lie. Compared to any other fastfood chain out there, CFA is extremely superior.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'd rather spend a little more money and eat in a place that doesn't smell like used grease, baby diapers, and human body odor. No fast food for me. Especially from a place that contributes to anti gay orginizations.

www.insightintodiversity.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 2-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join