It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Protest in Springfield, Mo.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Word is that Friday is the boycott day. Good luck with that one...

Whats funny to me about that is most of the liberals who are whining about Chic-fil-A dont eat there anyway. Wont be much of a boycott.

EDIT: oh, apparently its not a boycott, but a 'be gay in chic-fil-a day' Should be interesting.

Proponents of LGBT rights and marriage equality are also staging a “National Same Sex Kiss Day” at Chick-fil-A restaurants across the nation on Friday, August 3.

edit on 1-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I just came up with an evil plan....

You know how my father forced me to go to this function.

Well, I'm going to force my dad to go to Chick Filet tomorrow.

I heard the Homosexuals are suppose to be protesting...

He won't have a clue until he goes there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Originally posted by WeRpeons Chick-Fil-A's owner is causing his religion and beliefs to interfere with sound business practices. Leave your religion and christian feelings out of your business policies.

How so? Can you elaborate with some examples of how his beliefs have interfered with 'sound business practices'?

Anyone who has ever taken a course in management 101, would know that anything that would interfere with a businesses profit margin or losing customers is a no, no. How many times have you seen businesses retract statements that have affected their businesses? It's just common sense. Do you think it would be good practice to announce that your business is pro-choice? That would surely lose the segment of the population that hold strong anti-abortion views. I also gave you an example in my previous post how views against women's rights could also cause women not to patronize your business. Statements like that can devastate a business. It's why good businesses will have meetings with top management before they put out a press release. Let's make sure the announcement won't cause us to lose customers.

It's a perfect example of why Jefferson was concern about the separation of church and state.

No. Chic-fil-A is not the government. Seriously.

Duh, of course it's not the government. I was giving an example on how religion and personal beliefs can interfere on how governments create laws, and segregate a portion of their constituents. The same thing can also apply to businesses.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Seems the Chik-Fil-A appreciation day went over pretty well. While some were there to support their stance on marriage. Others were there in support of free speech.

One person said the gay community always asks for tolerance. yet are so intolerant of other's opinions.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
All this proves is there are still many bigots in the south. Shame considering its the 21st century, I wonder how many people there don't believe in evolution either.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Anyone that eats industrial raised chicken deserves it. No pollo para me.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

All this proves is there are still many bigots in the south. Shame considering its the 21st century, I wonder how many people there don't believe in evolution either.

When someone shows up to support a gay pride parade they are called brave or heroic or even patriotic.

When someone shows up to support a business that has taken a ‘traditional family values’ stance they are called bigots.

I think that people who can’t see that both actions are acceptable are FOOLS and are the reason for the divide in America!

Get off your high horse!

S&F Wrabbit! Well done and thanks for sharing!

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

riginally posted by WeRpeons If it was McDonalds who came out and said what this company did, do you think it would affect their billion burgers sold everyday? reply to post by Sulie McDonald's isn't owned by a staunch christian who is strongly involved with his religion. Chick-Fil-A's owner is causing his religion and beliefs to interfere with sound business practices. Leave your religion and christian feelings out of your business policies. It's a perfect example of why Jefferson was concern about the separation of church and state. Who attacked who here? This is not just about religion anyway, this is about free speech.
reply to post by Carseller4

You're missing my whole point of my post. They have every right to say anything they want, of course it's free speech. All I'm saying is, it's not good business practice to throw out statements that may affect your business profits.

Chick-Fil-A has to accept anything that results from their press release. Whether it causes protests or a loss of business. It's the price you pay for political statements. We see it everyday with the current political campaign with Romney and Obama. The people behind the scenes have to be careful on what their candidate says, or they could possibly lose votes or alienate a segment of voters. The gun issue is a perfect example.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

When someone shows up to support a gay pride parade are called brave or heroic or even patriotic.

When someone shows up to support a business that has taken a ‘traditional family values’ stance they are called bigots.

I think that people who can’t see that both actions are acceptable are FOOLS and are the reason for the divide in America!

Get off your high horse!

You support a group that is trying to deny another group of people certain rights? How tolerant of you...

Twenty years from now all the people supporting this company will be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
S&F Wrabbit... Great to see the pics and first hand account. It was the same scene here today in my small dusty little town.

edit on 8/1/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You're missing my whole point of my post. They have every right to say anything they want, of course it's free speech. All I'm saying is, it's not good business practice to throw out statements that may affect your business profits.

If I might make an observation here. You seem to be coming from a starting point which assumes something that is now proven false. The suggestion that his position has hurt the business seems pretty hard to support when the reports seem to keep coming from around the nation that they really packed them in today. Best Buy and Bed bath and Beyond are a block and a half or so from this one so I'm through there enough for my wife or myself. I've never seen it like that.

I'd have to say if they were taking a blind risk on principle, it paid off in spades and not just in the south.

More likely, I'm thinking he made a calculated and educated guess for outcome based on principles he already held dear, of course, and was simply vindicated in choosing the stand he took. Right or wrong, he has the right to take it and profit seems to have taken care of itself. I'd never eaten there before, but they got a new customer who'll be back. I owe 'em a paid dinner.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

When someone shows up to support a gay pride parade are called brave or heroic or even patriotic.

Get off your high horse!

You support a group that is trying to deny another group of people certain rights? How tolerant of you...

Twenty years from now all the people supporting this company will be ashamed of themselves.

You'll have to show me where anything Chick-Fil-A has done or is doing actively denies the rights of any individual person. Merely supporting a cause is a world away from violating rights and if Chick-Fil-A had made some internal changes or policies to actually discriminate against gays working for them or eating there, I'd have been protesting them tonight. I wouldn't have been showing my support.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Get off your high horse!

You'll have to show me where anything Chick-Fil-A has done or is doing actively denies the rights of any individual person. Merely supporting a cause is a world away from violating rights and if Chick-Fil-A had made some internal changes or policies to actually discriminate against gays working for them or eating there, I'd have been protesting them tonight. I wouldn't have been showing my support.

The president of a large corporation used his position to further the agenda of denying people rights. This grows a movement of intolerance and bigotry. He did it on purpose, he did it to push an agenda.

What if he said that about any other group?
edit on 1-8-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Went into town tonight to get some prices on some building materials...

WoW!...They were wrapped around Chick-Fil-A tighter than feathers on a mama hen... actually saw people parking in neighboring resturants and walking over...

I wondered what the hey... and then remembered all the fuss over the CEO's views on gay marriage and the media backlash. I hope the media is listening or watching or whatever...

I wonder if Mr Obama is watching?

All of us backward, unelightened folk clinging to our God and guns and the Constitution and chicken sandwiches...

By the way... the CEO of Chick-Fil-A didn't build that Christian faith based chicken franchise... Somebody else built that business... they built the roads that went to it and they certified the teachers that educated those biggoted anti gay Fil-A folks...it was his Omiscient Highness... el presidente' Obama... that's who built that business...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Your statement here is exactly what is wrong. Who is supporting a group? I am not supporting any group. What I am supporting is a right.

You have a right to your own opinion. No matter what it is.

I am a supporter of gay marriage, but guess what? I also support another individual's right to have an opinion that is different from mine. Chik Fil A did not issue a press release saying they did not believe in gay marriage and it was company policy. The CEO gave his personal opinion. That's it, that's all there is to it...and so what?

20 years from now, I will not be ashamed of myself one bit. Why should I be ashamed for standing up for the rights that I take full advantage of every day? An individual has a right to an opinion, no matter how misguided and asinine I find it to be. An individual has the right to free speech, to state that opinion. No matter how silly I find it to be.

Let me ask you a question... what is the real evil here? Have you paid any attention to social media and the things pouring out over this issue? Let me show you the latest image that is being pushed on facebook. It is appearing on all the pages of every gay person I know.

So what is the real evil here? A person who simply says, "I do not support gay marriage" based on religious beliefs or a group who would come out and blatantly lie about the opinion being made?

By the way, for those who choose to boycott Chik Fil A, as is your right to do, you might want to peek at this article.
30 companies to boycott if your going to boycott Chik Fil A

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The president of a large corporation used his position to further the agenda of denying people rights. This grows a movement of intolerance and bigotry. He did it on purpose, he did it to push an agenda. What if he said that about any other group?

Well I'll tell ya what, we're getting off into where I started by saying I didn't want to go so I'll be happy to explore this further on a thread many may find interesting on that aspect and you may create. Heck, others on this thread may find it interesting here. That's fine. It just seems a little odd to run off from my own thread when I actually said in so many words, it wasn't my personal intention.

So, with that said, I'll simply add this in reply to your question. When I owned my own truck and learned that Petro Truck Stops were donating to and supporting the anti-gun movement, I stopped purchasing fuel there and even later, as a company driver again, I avoided fueling at their facilities whenever the choice existed. (I think I fueled there a half dozen times in all the years since).

No boycott called for...and one could say their support was working to limit or deny my rights. Actual black and white rights spelled out in the document itself, in that case. I never said a word about it to a cashier or even wrote a letter. I just didn't fuel there anymore and hence, pulled all my business. Just like I gave it to Chick-Fil-A tonight.

Our system works both directions and here, worked well. (Nice change of pace to see something work
)

* A quick note.. I'm no thread Nazi, especially on my own. The comment above was strictly personal because my OP did actually say that. lol... Everyone else make yourself comfy around the topic. No calls of "OT!" outta me.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

They aren’t denying anybody anything. It’s a privately owned company and its owners are free to voice their opinions and free to fund any damn thing they want…just like any American. Get over it!

Not me!

I don’t try to silence people I disagree with. What law have they broken?? What gives you the right to judge them? They are free, as are you!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We went to CF~A this afternoon to pick up lunch. There were hundreds of people there. People of all races (African Americans, Whites, Asians, Hispanics and Native Americans). Even though people had to wait 30 to 45 minutes for their food, everyone was having a good time talking to one another and being there for what each and everyone of them believed in.

It was Americans together. The way it should be.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Chick-fil-A store breaks with founder to sponsor LGBT Pride
www.rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Double

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join