It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the dreaded day arrives and they are coming for your guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

Each state needs to figure out where their "Line in the sand" is. They need to do it while they still have time. Legislation needs to be passed that clearly states any attempt to revoke a citizens 2nd amendment right will be followed by a vote of secession. With this in place ahead of time, they can't take your guns. If 20 states have this in place the whole country wins.

I agree with this, OP. That would be a great idea.

The thing to keep in mind is that if the federal government ever tried to enforce a weapons confiscation there would be many states that likely would not enforce it. If states can provide sanctuary cities for illegal immigrants surely they can thumbs their collective noses at gun laws too. It would be great to have something in place before hand though.

I live in Texas and, despite having a NWO Bilderberg boot licker for a governor, I’m sure that gun confiscation garbage wouldn’t fly here….we tend to do things a little different in Texas.

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You don't want gun control because you will end up like the UK and Aus where only the crims have guns now and have a bigger advantage over average citizens. Gun control doesn't work it just gives law abiding citizens now power to defend themselves.

Now as we look at the second amendment I hear everyone say it is to defend themselves of gun crime against them this is just a way TV has twisted everyones brain into believing that so when they want gun control the avergae citizen will believe it. When in actual fact it is there to stop a government tyranny from taking over now I know most people here know that but there are a lot of others out there that don't have a clue especially in other countries that look down on your country for not having gun control. Here in Aus we even have our ex PM saying that you need gun control and have a read of what people here on the story it will make your blood boil as much as it makes mine when no one knows what the 2nd amendment is really for.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We now have people in the military who go on killing sprees in their own barracks. We have lots of Mexicans in the armed forces who loyalty is to Mexico. We have their family members by the millions who are loyal to Mexico and we have millions more from all over the world who fly every flag but the American flag.
We got video after video of police happily violating peoples rights for not bowing down to their authority,
Sorry if I do not share your enthusiasm but I will put my faith in the voters as a way to clean up this mess.
One state at a time we can restore things...but trying to tackle all 50 at one time, that is a losing battle.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You want to see real change happen, someone like the NRA needs to suggest that people of like minds move to say.....Texas. One family at a time we have move there. Soon the people that do not believe in the words of the Founding Fathers start to get uncomfortable. So they move out. More like minded people move in to replace those that left, We can build one solid constitutionally correct state at a time. We just need to reorganize our brothers and sisters to sway election results how we like them

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

And I totally agree with the Judiciary in this instance. Yes, the citizens right to keep and bear arms can be construed for self defense in this case, but the overriding nature of this amendment is for National Defense. National Defense and Self Defense go hand in hand: To Defend One's Nation is to Defend One's self.

Perhaps, if the states still maintained well-regulated militias, this whole argument would be moot. I do find it odd that no one is arguing the point that we should not be funding a standing army.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Although I don't think, at this point, going all anti-gun and trying to take away guns is the answer, solely because there are too many guns in circulation and because of how it would be quite easy to simply buy guns manufactured in Mexico and use them in America, I think it's pathetic how gun crazy American culture is. People in America are numb to violence. And people in America are more worried about being anti-government, oh, we can't give up our guns because it means we lack personal freedom-----all the while 4 year old kids are being shot and killed by gunfire. There is absolutely no perspective regarding the gun debate from the gun hawks. So although I partially agree with them in principle, I will never support these individuals like the NRA and overbearing ardent 2nd amendment supporters. These people are sick.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sorry if I do not share your enthusiasm but I will put my faith in the voters as a way to clean up this mess.
One state at a time we can restore things...but trying to tackle all 50 at one time, that is a losing battle.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, bud. I said you had a good idea; I’d support it.

I was just saying if that doesn’t happen like we want (which it likely won’t…let’s be honest) then all hope isn’t lost. I think when the fed crosses a certain line the 10th amendment will be enforced in many states.

I’m trying to remain optimistic, dude! Don’t wiz in my cheerios!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
when bill and monica was in office he made a long speech and included they will not come in and get your guns they will stop makeing the bullets...the gun is useless without the bullet there not stupid it would be a major problem when grampa tells the men in black to stick it, and the 2020 news gets out how they shot him and draged him back in the house after shooting his dog .

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I make my own bullets ............git r dun

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

you can reload your own bullets but not without the little fire cap ....i saw hillery seting next to obama with a big smile like a evil smerk i went out and got more ammo,, lol just for fun

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

its easy to buy a boozuka for 50.00 the ammo cost too much cant wate untill the giant eats all the gold eggs and he wants more

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We should not give up our guns to anyone. Period.

We only have them to protect ourselves ,our families and our country.

We should however give them all of our ammo!

One at a time.

- sent from my cousin's baby's momma's friend's IP Address!
edit on 1-8-2012 by ReAwakened because: mispelling.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Id reply but mom and dad are listening

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

In my old neighborhood, they'd need more than 2 SUV's.

I'd let 'em go and bring back two APC's.

(I like a more even fight)

But seriously, your scenario would never occur. For the government to deny 2nd amendment rights would be the final act in a long play of stripping our rights. And I don't see that happening.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
when bill and monica was in office he made a long speech and included they will not come in and get your guns they will stop makeing the bullets...the gun is useless without the bullet there not stupid it would be a major problem when grampa tells the men in black to stick it, and the 2020 news gets out how they shot him and draged him back in the house after shooting his dog .

Well then stock up before they pass a law.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

But seriously, your scenario would never occur. For the government to deny 2nd amendment rights would be the final act in a long play of stripping our rights. And I don't see that happening.

I don't know about the cops; especially DHS: but I believe 95% of the military would never turn thier guns inward.

I just don't see it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by beezzer

I don't know about the cops; especially DHS: but I believe 95% of the military would never turn thier guns inward.

I just don't see it.

I agree. And the 5% that would?

The 95% would beat them senseless.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Unless they show up and its not a lone last stand. Try taking guns away from a ex military neighborhood. Or a ghetto worth its its weight in ex cons.

try going into a small town where people wont give you a piss to put out a fire on your leg.

Try taking guns away from mafias, thugs, street grunts, you name it.

We are a Spartan society. They made sure of that. We don't even need to fight. The sheer number makes even the many thousands of law enforcement agencies to be forced to use extreme caution in disarming thoroughly armed country like ours.

People have AA guns as yard ornaments in Texas for Christs sake.

Cannons and artillery are our statues and monuments for our town halls and parks,

War memorials litter the US from corner to corner.

We don't even need to fight. We just need to realize we have already won. They have handed us our freedom and we cant see it.

We ARE the most well armed nation in the world.....

They are not suicidal. If UN troops try to take them......

Then the United states is invaded and we know how to give them up.

No need to get impatient and break other people´s stuff.

That is just retarded. when they leave that is still our stuff. This is still our country.

Hold it Down.

edit on 1-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

I agree with the fact that the framers saw the advantage of having an armed citizenry in the event of foreign invasion. However,considering the circumstances under which our nation was born, I feel it's pretty safe to say the framers appreciated the need for citizens to be able to protect themselves from a tyrannical government.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
DHS would be the agency to do this.........backed by China. Who would both be destroyed in a month after which the restructuring of the US government WOULD occur.The will leave the guns alone because they know that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join