It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientist Says ‘Immortality’ Possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Many people think that the movie "Avatar" and things like a zombie apocalypse are just science fiction. Well it's getting closer and closer to becoming a reality now.

Russian scientists have announced their plans to create artificial bodies and transfer human consciousness into them. Very similar to the movie "Avatar".

Russian Scientist Says ‘Immortality’ Possible for Wealthy Elite by 2045

Ruling families and the wealthy elite have long dreamed of immortality to preserve their ability to rule for all of eternity, with heads of dynasties historically offering abundant prizes and gifts to those with secrets to everlasting life on Earth. One prominent Russian scientist now says that such an achievement will be possible for the wealthy elite by roughly 2045 through a concept deeply studied and publicized by researchers like Steve Quayle and Stan Deyo.

Often criticized as ‘conspiracy theory’ or bizarre science fiction back when analysts were blowing the whistle over this ‘privileged’ technology, the process involves generating fully functional holographic human avatars and transporting one’s ‘consciousness’ into an artificial brain. While the overall ‘immortality’ process is intended to be completed by 2045, the scientist states on his website that the act of transplanting a human brain into an artificial body will be available in as little as seven years.

Some past experiments

Disturbing video of Russian experiments on dogs

Extended clip of above video - Description below

www.youtube.com...

In the 1940s, Soviet scientists were able to bring the dead back to life. This very technology will be the driving force behind the future Zombie apocalypse. 71 years later, we can finally get a peek through the Iron Curtain. What you see might horrify you. A poor dog, Torn apart in the name of science. Its lungs, hart and head, put to death then reanimated.

These types of experiments have been conducted in the USA and other countries also.

Dr. Robert White attempts to exchange monkeys' heads.

Head Transplant

A head transplant is a surgical operation involving the grafting of an organism's head onto the body of another. It should not be confused with another, hypothetical, surgical operation, the brain transplant. Head transplantation involves decapitating the patient. Although it has been successfully performed using dogs, monkeys and rats, no human is known to have undergone the procedure.

Since the technology required to reattach a severed spinal cord has not yet been developed, the subject of a head transplant would become quadriplegic unless proper therapies were developed. This technique has been proposed as possibly useful for people who are already quadriplegics and who are also suffering from widespread organ failures which would otherwise require many different and difficult transplant surgeries. Quadriplegia may be an acceptable option for the terminally ill. There is no uniform consensus on the ethics of such a procedure

The Future of Brain Transplants

Would you want to have your brain transplanted or a family member upon death?

edit on 1-8-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

I don't know whether to exalt or despair. Imagine what the Elite would do with this kind of power?

Of course, you can't very well transplant a head that's 80 years old. It would continue to age until it failed completely. Even so with the brain. The only real form of immortality is either reversing the aging process, or creating a virtual memory.

And that opens a whole new can of worms: false memories, remote mind control, slaves, identity switches, file corruption, viruses, etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know whether to exalt or despair. Imagine what the Elite would do with this kind of power?

Exactly, it will never be for mass consumption, just the ones who can afford it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think the 2045 Initiative and their goals are brilliant. I fully support such ideology because I view that such a thing is the better future for the human race. It is our destiny.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Derek 'Stormy' Waters: Okay, okay. So, say I put my brain in a robot body and there's a war. Robots versus humans. What side am I on?

Debbie DuPree: Humans! You have a human brain.

Sparks: But... the humans discriminate against you. You can't even vote!

Marco: We'd better not have to live on a reservation. That would really chap my caboose.

Captain Murphy: Yeah, but... nobody knows you're a robot. You look the same.

Debbie DuPree: Uh, uh. Dogs know. That's how the humans hunt you.

Derek 'Stormy' Waters: They're gonna' hunt me? For sport?

Marco: That's why we have to CRUSH mankind! So you might as well get on board for the big win, Stormy.

SeaLab called it first!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Oh brother the Russians will never get rid of Putin now....
This is very interesting. I wonder just how close is humanity to such achievements? I'd like to see the work peer reviewed.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
DA FAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Mary Shelley predicted this scientific abomination against the Universe when writing Frankenstien methinks.

Immortality is - But fear fails to see that death is a natural and Universal occurrence and though the body is but dust to dust the soul is Immortal - but who truly believes that to be so and renders such wisdom as a mere tale.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ye Putin's head on the body of a chimp is scary

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
And that opens a whole new can of worms: false memories, remote mind control, slaves, identity switches, file corruption, viruses, etc.

MSCONFIG Close all unneeded background apps, Run a thorough scan disk then defrag and update to the latest drivers.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just imagine what they are doing now. Bio tech? Heads in robots?
Imagine waking up with out a body.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That dogs head freaked me out.

wtf hows that # movin, imagine that with a human head

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

MSCONFIG Close all unneeded background apps, Run a thorough scan disk then defrag and update to the latest drivers.

.......bsd.........rebooting........
You did not shutdown properly, please choose an option.
Safe mode.
Start normaly
Most recent boot when you worked properly.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
.......bsd.........rebooting........
You did not shutdown properly, please choose an option.
Safe mode.
Start normaly
Most recent boot when you worked properly.

Damn...

Reformat and install life 2.0

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This kinda makes me sick.
I find it to be despicable.

I would rather die, quite frankly.

top topics

join