It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI raids homes in search of "anti-government literature"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Anarchists have their political way of life, just as I have mine and I don't treat or think about them any differently than anyone else. We all know a certain amount of information about this or that, sometimes what we think we know isn't exactly true, or what we may not know may harm us.

I'd like to know why in the world they are allowed to sentence people to death because of their political view. Sure, I may not agree with anarchists but I think that threatening people to kill them because they think differently is a terrible dictatorship.

This is truly frightening because I feel scared that if I say "no, you can't do that to those people", I'll be associated with these anarchists and then trialed for execution. But I also don't want to live in fear all my life, and I don't think any of you want to either. Vote for Gary or Ron Paul! This frightening madness has to stop!
edit on 5-8-2012 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

don't be scared......you are not alone.
I am not an anarchist by the way....but I would die to let them and you be whatever the hell you or they want...many of us would......

edit on 5-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I have a copy of the Declaration of Independence in my home. It states:

All men are created equal and there are certain unalienable rights that governments should never violate. These rights include the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When a government fails to protect those rights, it is not only the right, but also the duty of the people to overthrow that government. In its place, the people should establish a government that is designed to protect those rights.

I guess I am now an enemy of the state.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Watch out. This guys is a NOCC and sees everything.
When are you going to take over my desktop??? Man I have been waiting for that.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This proves many of the things that those 'anarchists' have been rising their voice about. It proves a big deal of their points by itself as an event. When something leaves you speechless it means that it's not a little thing, is it?
edit on 5-8-2012 by Abstract77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
One issue that we are going to run into in this country is that the Feds are currently arresting and charging militia leaders in this country for trying to over throw the government, and possession of some weapons.

This is recently happening in Michigan, and the former leader of the militia where I currently reside is in prison after the militia was infiltrated by an FBI agent.

US/federal action is in direct violation of what the Constitution allows. It going to come to a head at some point where everyone will go quietly, or it will be war on the streets.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
the constitution and the bill of rights are no longer valid it seems. we have been taken over quietly and deliberately.
we let it happen, didnt see it coming

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The alphabet agencies as well as the rest of the population surely realize that no one complains about good government. ONLY bad government gets complains and the complaints are so numerous now that the FBI needs to raid the entire internet because the entire world is pissed off......good luck with that. The many who are pissed off so outnumber the few lackeys trying to silence them create a task beyond human control.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I posted this on another thread about this.....I wanted to include it here in case the FBI reading these threads on our tax dollar went to lunch and hasn't put me on one of those lists that were inspired by all the fascist dictatorships we spend decades invading...I would go so far as to say that if you are not on one of those lists then you run the risk of being a traitor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes but we are going to violate our highest law for vandalism.....yeah....that is not just an excuse to create a precedent to arrest people for reading........in a DEMOCRACY..

I don't care if they took a dump on Obama´s head.....they can't have their homes invaded for a book they may have..

That is just validation of a totalitarian state trying to push its way through our constitution like a hole in our collective heads.

No, this is wrong. They committed a minor crime....I don't care. Even if they found a quote on a wall.....what if they just remembered it, or their friend read it to them and they just knew it.....but happen to have a book of quotes that contains it.....too many nonsensical things to consider...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felony vandalism in the thousands is NOT a minor crime.

And how in the world have so many people on here totally overlooked and/or missed the fact that the literature is necessary to the motive for prosecuting these criminals? The FBI's actions in this case couldn't be MORE by the book! These suspects had their home raided for evidence that implicates them in commiting multiple FELONY crimes! And they have stated their political views on why they do what they do! Dare I say the literature in which they read is GOING TO BE A FACTOR in their case!?!? Sheeeeesh...

This is not a case where some kids had there door kicked down because of what they were reading!

I mean if we respect that the for fathers created our government based on the RULE OF LAW with the power residing with the people. Then why are you guys screaming Fascism in this case? It is so perfectly executed by the FBI and "By the book" that it couldn't get any better! Come on guys.... Not everyone is a victim by the state. These two people... They ARE NOT VICTIMS..

edit on 8/5/1212 by foodstamp because: I totally biffed this quote.. I'm such a noob

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
As Obama said to Romney

Stop your whining-

You can criticize your gov as much as you want and its encouraged, just don't be organizing in masses wearing black and destroying property like Black Block anarchist hooligans.

Anarchism is fundementally agianst violence and centralized domination of power.

Anarchism(decentralized public self-governance) = Pure Freedom.

Authoritarian/Totalitarian (centricized private governance) = Pure Non-freedom.

US is between the two extremes.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Originally posted by silent thunder

When FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force agents raided multiple activist homes in the Northwest last week, they were in search of “anti-government or anarchist literature.”

The raids were part of a multi-state operation that targeted activists in Portland, Olympia, and Seattle. At least three people were served subpoenas to appear before a federal grand jury on August 2nd in Seattle.

In addition to anarchist literature, the warrants also authorize agents to seize flags, flag-making material, cell phones, hard drives, address books, and black clothing...The motivation for these operations, and the instruction that “anarchist” means “terrorist,” is coming straight from the top levels of the federal government...The FBI presentation described anarchists as “criminals seeking an ideology to justify their activities.”

Source:
www.indybay.org...

Has it really come to this? How could they possibly get a warrant for this kind of thing? I'm speechless.

Are the content of political writings now deemed a reason for raiding homes? How could any American, regardless of political views, justify this kind of blatant assault on the nation's most hallowed ideas of freedom?
edit on 8/1/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

This case does not involve the literature in question. I know the news skews it that way however that is not the case. The two people in question are suspected of having destroyed thousands of dollars in property. Their motivation to do so is their political beliefs. Or, dare I say, lack thereof.

The FBI has got the warrant to search the home because the literature will be used to prove the prosecutions case that these people we're motivated by ideals derived from the literature. The prosecutor must prove motive. And the bill of rights allows for this. The FBI is doing this by the book... We should be proud the FBI has adhered to the upstanding principles woven into our great nation.

Even though many of us wouldn't mind throwing a trash can through a bank window.....

Let's not cry conspiracy or tyranny yet.....Not with this case anyway...

Yes federal government raiding a person's house over "anti-government" literature.

Who defines what anti-government is?

Praise Mao!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

This is what the U.S. is.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sadly, this is nothing new.... Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming...

I'm seeing a lot of panic from some people about how all of this escalating. To my eyes, it's the same steady flow of $%&# we've seen for decades.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If your title is anywhere near accurate, this is War.

Go get 'em, Paper Tiger. lol

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
civil disobedience” (such as resisting home foreclosures, creating community gardens, and many other activities not mentioned by the bureau).
So standing up for yourself s aganst the law?
Feedng the communty a sign of Anti govt activity??
WTE is the FBI sayng here??
This IS a declaration of war......like so many offical documents lately it negates the basis for union wth the feds....It tramples the spirit and the letter of the constitution...Thus dessolving the union through non compliance with the basic societal contract.Should the Federal goverment persist in this activity t must be met with opposition of the most urgent knd.
these acts and the laws which preceed them,are not enforceable, and have no meanng wthin the bounds of the constituton....their sponsors and supporters are basically traitors to the Amercan people....
Further more, they will stop at nothing, they will desecrate the laws of the country,while enforcng selectively to punish harrass and to silence the opposition to the takeover in Amerca.....
Global nterests have no country...they will bankrupt and destroy any country to gain wealth or power.......Amerca is NOT TOO BIG TO FAIL..............

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hardly surprising but particularly philosophically debauched. The American political tradition is one of the use of violent revolution along organized lines to change the power landscape. Naturally, the folks in charge of protecting the establishment will be very serious about limiting the spread of that doctrine again in a time of increasing destabilization.

edit on Mon Sep 10 2012 by Jbird because: Link removed

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join