It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI raids homes in search of "anti-government literature"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Theyll have to use their artificial telepathy beams to find my anti-government literature, its all in my brain.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

clothing and related articles worn during the commision of the offenses. meaning they commited a crime wearing specific clothing, carrying specific flags.... get the picture?

No, I don't "get the picture". Are you suggesting that because the warrant had a valid item on it this validates the bogus item?

The literature these people have at home has little to nothing to do with the clothes they wore in the alleged crime. Thoreau's Civil Disobedience on a bookshelf does nothing to establish a crime, and hardly even motive.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Yea but when do you involve the FBI in such a petty crime as a spray painting. This was either a message being sent, are a horrible waste of resources and tax dollars.

My money is on the first one.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Dizrael

clothing and related articles worn during the commision of the offenses. meaning they commited a crime wearing specific clothing, carrying specific flags.... get the picture?

No, I don't "get the picture". Are you suggesting that because the warrant had a valid item on it this validates the bogus item?

The literature these people have at home has little to nothing to do with the clothes they wore in the alleged crime. Thoreau's Civil Disobedience on a bookshelf does nothing to establish a crime, and hardly even motive.

Literature is defined as...
- the profession of a writer or author.

no where does it specify it has to be published. that means they could be looking for book written by the perps. could be plans, could be anything.

where does it say they seized "published" books? like Thoreau's Civil Disobedience, i didnt see that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134
reply to post by Dizrael

Yea but when do you involve the FBI in such a petty crime as a spray painting. This was either a message being sent, are a horrible waste of resources and tax dollars.

My money is on the first one.

mine too, it is definately a message, but it was still in response to a crime. minimal or not, we have laws for a reason. even if it was "just spray paiting".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If they (FBI) want to find anti USA literature and destructive plans to unleash on the government..

all the FBI has to do is listen to the rants put out by Ayers the 25 year long "Weather-Underground" radical mentor for Øbama ...

talk about being radicalized and pumped with PSYOPS destructiveness ...
Barack-a'la-Barry is the manchurian president===> .............................. instead of just a manchurian candidate
edit on 1-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
May Day protest riots

People dressed in black clothing all over, destroyed a lot of property and caused a great bit of damage, and were for anti-government purposes of their protest. So, how does all of that not qualify for a warrant like that? Me personally, if i was looking for people that were part of the riots, then anti-government literature would be a good indication along with the rest of the items.

That is also part of the failed logic here, is to think they are just looking for one item such as the anti-government stuff. They are looking for everything, the more evidence they have the stronger the case that they did indeed commit the crimes. If it was a warrant just specifically looking for that one item then there may be something here, but usually the best way to find the person who committed a crime is to gather evidence from many angles.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord
May Day protest riots

People dressed in black clothing all over, destroyed a lot of property and caused a great bit of damage, and were for anti-government purposes of their protest. So, how does all of that not qualify for a warrant like that? Me personally, if i was looking for people that were part of the riots, then anti-government literature would be a good indication along with the rest of the items.

That is also part of the failed logic here, is to think they are just looking for one item such as the anti-government stuff. They are looking for everything, the more evidence they have the stronger the case that they did indeed commit the crimes. If it was a warrant just specifically looking for that one item then there may be something here, but usually the best way to find the person who committed a crime is to gather evidence from many angles.

you get a star for seeing this too. i thought i was the only one who saw them as criminals.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Literature is defined as... - the profession of a writer or author.

Here is the actual definition of literature:

1. written material such as poetry, novels, essays, etc., esp works of imagination characterized by excellence of style and expression and by themes of general or enduring interest
2. the body of written work of a particular culture or people Scandinavian literature
3. written or printed matter of a particular type or on a particular subject scientific literature the literature of the violin
4. printed material giving a particular type of information sales literature
5. the art or profession of a writer 6. Obsolete learning

Here is the actual definition as given by Merriam-Webster:

archaic : literary culture
2 : the production of literary work especially as an occupation
3 a (1) : writings in prose or verse; especially : writings having excellence of form or expression and expressing ideas of permanent or universal interest (2) : an example of such writings b : the body of written works produced in a particular language, country, or age c : the body of writings on a particular subject d : printed matter (as leaflets or circulars)
4 : the aggregate of a usually specified type of musical compositions

If playing games of semantics on the world "press" is the best the Justice Department can come up with they're in deep, deep, deep, doo-doo.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

you havent read anything else posted have you? just stuck to that one post just to regurgitate a more "complete" definition?

figure it out, i was pointing out that saying "literature" only meant written material they could use against them. nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

figure it out, i was pointing out that saying "literature" only meant written material they could use to against them. nothing more, nothing less.

Oh! Only the written material that could be used against them? The Justice Department has no interest in the written material that could exonerate them then?

What is wrong with you? I've read most of the posts in this thread and it is beyond foolish to think that those who disagree with you aren't reading your posts...as nonsensical as they may be.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

why the H___ would they do a search and seizure for proof they had nothing to do with it? the search warrant is granted to search for evidence. its up to the defending attorney, with the help of the defendants, to provide proof otherwise. get a clue.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Look, you are clearly attempting to conflate letters of correspondence, notes and other writings with "literature". The word literature is a broad word. That warrant is not nearly clear enough in its intent regarding "literature" for you to extrapolate what you are attempting to do.

Further, those FBI agents took an oath of office to uphold and defend the Constitution for the United States of America. This "kill them all and let God sort it out" or more specifically "Charge them all and let the courts sort it out" has nothing at all to do with the rule of law and due process of law.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

I don't agree with you at all.

You mentioned some sort of may day protests or whatever, how does that have anything to do with this?
So a few people are suppose to be punished for the random actions of whoever in the street?
So a FBI raid is a legitimate response to unarmed people with spray paint cans?

You do realize you are condoning the most harsh and expensive reaction to the most trivial and minor of offenses?

Hell, that's even if they are guilty of spray painting something.
It's not even typically destructive per se, but rather a defacement that can be repaired / patched / painted over.
Hardly worthy of the FBI's attention....

It doesn't take a genius to figure that something is horribly wrong here.

And it's not just this incident. This is just a drop in the bucket.
Go to youtube or here at ATS, and you will see countless examples of government overstepping their Constitutional mandates for self-serving purposes that are detrimental to the people.

Things are culminating and I implore you to please return to our Constitutional values and support freedom so that we don't turn into the next Axis in 10 years.
Remember it required Germany to go bankrupt to facilitate the uprising of tyranny and genocide.
Is America going bankrupt?

We need to be extremely vigilant here because history tends to repeat if we don't make absolute sure to avoid it.
So let's avoid it.
Stick with the Constitution and it can't possibly happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Dizrael

Look, you are clearly attempting to conflate letters of correspondence, notes and other writings with "literature". The word literature is a broad word. That warrant is not nearly clear enough in its intent regarding "literature" for you to extrapolate what you are attempting to do.

Further, those FBI agents took an oath of office to uphold and defend the Constitution for the United States of America. This "kill them all and let God sort it out" or more specifically "Charge them all and let the courts sort it out" has nothing at all to do with the rule of law and due process of law.

back to another post i guess you didnt read, i was refering to the warrant, it says anti-goverment literature OR MATERIAL, i specified, you decided to ignore what i actually typed, thats your fault.

and that "charge everyone, let the courts sort them out later", has no place here. they commited the crimes, hence the warrant.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

first, i didnt post that, deathlord did

Originally posted by deathlord
May Day protest riots

second, if the punishment is so leinent people dont care and commit the crime anyways, then i guess that means the crime DOESNT fit the punishment at all.

so maybe we need to make a few examples.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

back to another post i guess you didnt read, i was refering to the warrant, it says anti-goverment literature OR MATERIAL, i specified, you decided to ignore what i actually typed, thats your fault.

Anti Govt literature or material is 100% legal in the USA.

The Bill of Rights prohibits the government from infringing on this exact right.

The school systems still pass out 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, and various works by Thoreau.

ALL of those are highly anti-government in nature. And they are the very fabric that makes America what it is, a nation founded upon Freedom of expression and religion and politics.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

aaaaand none of that has anything to do with the rest of the stuff on the warrant, OR them commiting the crime.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

second, if the punishment is so leinent people dont care and commit the crime anyways, then i guess that means the crime DOESNT fit the punishment at all.

so maybe we need to make a few examples.

Ok I'm sorry if you didn't post that. Strange, maybe the quote boxes were mixed up?

What do you mean if the punishment isn't harsh enough to stop the crime's commission we need to up the ante?

Murder still happens even though we have the death penalty.
Should we make examples of these petty criminals and put the death penalty on even the smallest of crimes to "stop them from happening"?

Obviously, these punishments do not deter crime at all. Had they, murder would never had been a problem historically as death was a likely result if caught.

There is no logical reason for you to wish such negative upon your countrymen, unless of course, you hate your political opponents so much that you are willing to sacrifice your own freedoms just to watch them rot in jail.

This self-defeating mentality will lead us all to prison for the most absurd of things, like belonging to the wrong political group.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Remember the Haymarket Affair in Chicago May 4 1886???

In the internationally publicized legal proceedings that followed, eight anarchists were convicted of conspiracy. The evidence was that none of defendants on trial had thrown the bomb.[4][5][6] Seven were sentenced to death and one to a term of 15 years in prison.

Proven NOT GUILTY, but executed simply because they were anarchists?!

And shortly after this happened, they actually started Deporting Legal immigrants for being anarchists.

Read the history books people.
History repeats if you don't know how to avoid it.
edit on 1-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join