It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI raids homes in search of "anti-government literature"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+115 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

When FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force agents raided multiple activist homes in the Northwest last week, they were in search of “anti-government or anarchist literature.”

The raids were part of a multi-state operation that targeted activists in Portland, Olympia, and Seattle. At least three people were served subpoenas to appear before a federal grand jury on August 2nd in Seattle.

In addition to anarchist literature, the warrants also authorize agents to seize flags, flag-making material, cell phones, hard drives, address books, and black clothing...The motivation for these operations, and the instruction that “anarchist” means “terrorist,” is coming straight from the top levels of the federal government...The FBI presentation described anarchists as “criminals seeking an ideology to justify their activities.”

Source:
www.indybay.org...

Has it really come to this? How could they possibly get a warrant for this kind of thing? I'm speechless.

Are the content of political writings now deemed a reason for raiding homes? How could any American, regardless of political views, justify this kind of blatant assault on the nation's most hallowed ideas of freedom?
edit on 8/1/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

+58 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If your title is anywhere near accurate, this is War.

Political opponents are now considered enemy combatants?

If I question the government I will get a gun in my face and my shelter ransacked?

I'll check back in 5min to see if you have edited the OP and added the relevant information.
I am curious to see if the story matches you headline, wouldn't surprise me if it did though.

These totalitarians are getting desperate as their policies and beliefs are being questioned and they have no real intellectual response so of course they will act like primitive animals and use violence to "prove they are right politically".

Guess what historical dictators also did this type of intellectual repression? Just about all of them.
So it totally can happen here too considering the human susceptibility to use violence to win an argument.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would have never thought we would reach this day. But we really have to be careful what we say on the internet now. if the goverment deems it as a Anti-goverment agend, be read to go to the Federal Pen. Its a brave new world.

What was i saying.... I love GOVERMENT
its so wounderful

Sarc/ -off

edit on 1-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bull #...

Since when does holding a political ideology give them the ri...

Oh wait, red scare, Japanese intermittent camps...

Right, not shocked, just Standard MO for those in power.

It needs to be fought, period.

+40 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Holy crap , I just read the article.

It's worse than I anticipated. Way worse. I didn't know they would just be flat out admitting they are attacking freedom of speech and freedom of political association with guns this soon in the ball game!

Looks like it's a real war now.
Too bad most people will just accept this Gestapo tactic.

Go look up what happened to the Anarchists in Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, and the PRC, to name a few.
They got arrested for the exact same reasons.

They questioned the validity of government and became active politically voicing that opinion.

By the way:
Anarchism means "Against being ruled"
An = Against
Archy = Rule

It has nothing to do with violence that's propaganda created by the most violent organization on Earth, the government, to make the pacifists and peace nicks look like terrorists.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You are meant to SHUT UP AND OBEY OR ELSE in other words.
Fear is the only enemy here

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Bull #...

Since when does holding a political ideology give them the ri...

Oh wait, red scare, Japanese intermittent camps...

Right, not shocked, just Standard MO for those in power.

It needs to be fought, period.

They are enemy combatants now apparently.

The war already began.

We cannot let them get anywhere with this crap. It must be halted now at any cost, no matter how high the price freedom is worth it.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I would have never thought we would reach this day. But we really have to be careful what we say on the internet now. if the goverment deems it as a Anti-goverment agend, be read to go to the Federal Pen. Its a brave new world.

its so wounderful

Screw them.

I'd rather spend every minute for eternity in jail being abused than stand here right now and accept this crap.

They are just gonna have to get rid of me.

I will die on my feet thanks.
I will never bow to this tyranny.
Even in death, I will remain free.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow..... The thought police have arrived. I hope they understand that they will create more "anarchists" through these very acts of aggression.

Their fear will manifest their greatest enemy... I don't know if I should rejoice or cry. Pray for a catalyst.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This thread is being a little too vague and slightly misleading. The reason for the warrant and seizures was because there had been destruction of government property (probably by spray-painting since they're looking for paint), interstate travel with intention to riot, etc. Says so right at the beginning of the warrant.

They're looking for the paint, clothes (and other items) that were worn during the painting.

Basically, somebody got caught spray-painting government property and that's what this warrant appears to pertain to.

Someone decided to cherry-pick one aspect of the warrant and spread that around.

edit on 1-8-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

If true this is indeed a sad day. Freedom of speech, thoughts and the questioning of Authority seems to be on the endangered species list.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government etc etc etc

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If legitimate laws don't apply anymore you know what that means?

That means you can do anything you want, and it doesn't matter. Survival of the fittest, no ethics or laws anymore.

If you can achieve it, so be it.

Let the flood gates open....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The FBI presentation described anarchists as “criminals seeking an ideology to justify their activities.

Well what are they doing? This is gestapo style policing and should be stopped immediately.

Noam Chomsky is an anarchist for pete's sake. Terrorist??????

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One member just laid out her entire library of 'antigovernment books'. I hope she's safe.

Some of the classics have great titles. None Dare Call it Treason comes to mind.

I would add Fahrenheit 451 to the list. It predicted this, and drone wars over your own house, all based on your thoughts. More reasons why computers are probably on the way out.

I suggest holding on to the oldest possible computer technology, because I see where they're going with stuff like retina ID scans for safeguarding your computer from little sis getting on your mac. It's really because the nwo needs proof that it was YOU, and not anyone else, responsible for the keystrokes....

Rahm means business. You can't even run a business if he disagrees with your mind. Rahm knows best, and he wants your guns taxed on a yearly basis. Pretend mayor of Chicago, mossad israeli citizen, and chief of staff for the kenyan.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

its so wounderful

Screw them.

I'd rather spend every minute for eternity in jail being abused than stand here right now and accept this crap.

They are just gonna have to get rid of me.

I will die on my feet thanks.
I will never bow to this tyranny.
Even in death, I will remain free.

The problem is the people are brainwashed and wont rise with you. you'll be the only one clinching to your copy of the constitution as they drag you out of your house and arrest you for hold an anti-government document.

Im with you but at this point theres nothing you can really do. Its a sad day in Emerika

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The government told us straight up how it was and we ignored them.

These wars overseas it wasn't about land or resources per se in the traditional sense.

It is about "hearts and minds". They want us to worship them or something. They want to control how we think and convince us to support their highly questionable agendas.

Seems to me like they are losing that battle though, because even most soldiers and police I have met voiced many concerns and grievances with the system.

link   
dupe post
edit on 1-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Right, because black clothing means you are an ANARCHIST and that's the same thing as ANTICHRIST.
GAH, wasn't born yesterday.

Want to find the black bloc -maybe look at the police undercovers' homes.
edit on 1-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As Obama said to Romney

Stop your whining-

You can criticize your gov as much as you want and its encouraged, just don't be organizing in masses wearing black and destroying property like Black Block anarchist hooligans.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The problem is the people are brainwashed and wont rise with you. you'll be the only clinching to your copy of the constitution as they drag you out of your house and arrest you for hold a anti-government document.

Im with you but at this point theres nothing you can really do

Drag me out of my house?
To where?

The furnace?
Nah, it won't get that far.
Not this time.

I learned my lessons from WW2.

And the spray paint excuse is bogus. Thousands of kids are graffiti artists and it doesn't require the FBI to raid them??? For spray paint? Couldn't local police handle it normally?

This incident has political motivation for the raid written all over it.
If it didn't, they wouldn't be listing "anarchist" related topics with the "suspected crime" getting mixed in now would they? This is an attack on those who disagree with the government, clearly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join