It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Ron Paul's Speech Against Iran Sanctions August 1, 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First of all, he said "They have every right to attack.." Not, "They have the right to attack us". Do you understand the difference? Honestly, this is what drives me insane about you, man. You take words, pull them slightly out of context, and then attack the strawman you create with an intensity only a MSM source can. Let's not get into why you do this, let's just admit that this is your MO, you have an agenda here, and you can't handle it when the fire gets hot, and you claim personal attacks when one is rightly justified as you're completely incorrect in your comprehension of the topic.

Moving forward, he's warning that Iran has every right (in their minds) to attack us, we are giving them reasons to attack us, by meddling. THAT'S IT. He doesn't not WANT Iran to attack us. You know who wants that? War-mongering people, that's who. They want to drive this nation into yet another war, and close the final loops in the globalist agenda under the guise of safety and being a good 'Merican citizen. That's all war does, is serve the agenda.

Now then, knowing that he's explaining that Iran has reasons to attack us, are you going to continue to say what you have been about Paul and his stance on this issue?

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
WOW three whole posts of personal attacks and none of them even remotely tried to dispute what I said was wrong. Why would any politician say that Iran has the right to attack us???? That is crazy and if Ron Paul was President Iran would surely without a doubt attack Israel and us. They are a religious evil propaganda hate spewing machine, and you want to side with them before you side with the international community. That makes sense tho for you Iranian sympathizers.

Looks like you don't know what you are talking about because you just continue to insult me without providing any evidence to back up your stupid claims that Ron Paul isn't a crazy lunatic who wants to hurt the US for putting sanctions on Iran. Insane!

Why am I on this site? To better understand what would make someone question their government and allies so much that they would essentially side with the terrorists!

Ron Paul is crazy for saying Iran has the right to attack us! You are crazy for believing him. Even though you claim to be against wars of any kind. Ron Paul says the economic sanctions are an act of war. Why would he say this if he is fundamentally against war? I think he DOES want America to get hurt for spending all of this money overseas and he doesn't care if its war, or 9/11, or something else as long as people get hurt for not believing in his stupid ideas. It's a very dangerous mindset and I for one am happy to admit that I do not follow it!
edit on 3-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would rename the thread the Wise man and the cow who cried wolf.
I guess I dont need to explain who the cow is

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So to me, it looks like Paul wants Iran to attack us? And then you don't think we'll strike back???

And you anti-war types are saying that he's right???

Now I agree with Paul that sanctions do not work and it actually makes Iran more powerful since they now control that oil and more dangerous since they are now pissed off at us more than ever before. Obama has been focusing all of his attention and doing everything possible not to go to war with Iran.

I hate Obama and everything he stands for but his foreign policy is pretty solid. It's not a question of if Iran attacks Israel or vice versa its when! Sanctions or not. If Iran attacks Israel, weather you like Israel or not. She is our main number one ally. So we'll be right there with her.
edit on 2-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, your pretty lost. It isn't my business to teach anyone what reason is though. Obama has fulfilled the need to go to war during his presidency before, so what do you think would really stop him? Do you really think he cares? Do you remember him embarrassing himself with foreign leaders at the beginning of his presidency by being completely ignorant of their customs? And you think his foreign policy is "solid"?
Wow.
The sad thing about it is that Israel is so deeply engrained in most positions of power in this country, in our lobbies, our government, our media and entertainment. They have been sewing our eyes up in our sockets for years so we could dip our hands into their pockets. It absolutely disgusts me the history of Israel and how they raped and killed palestinians in the seven days war and other wars, all in the name of their superiority as gods chosen people. I suggest you look at history and what they did after world war 2. Maybe your views would change on us being "Right there with her"... no true woman would ever act that way. Its absurd.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Why is Israel so crucial to US foreign policy?

Honestly if you go back to it, I think it has to do with Religion. But they are our ally and we must protect them, because most of the countries surrounding Israel want it destroyed.

You guys claiming that Iran will never attack us...Well if they listen to Ron Paul. They surely will!!!!! He is saying that Iran has every right to attack us for the sanctions we put against them to stop their nuclear program...

He wants Iran to attack us!!!!! There's nothing more there. Ron Paul is a nutcase not fit to be President!!!!

Did someone pay you to say these things? How do you sleep at night? Our government does such a terrible job of following its founding fathers words... the separation of church and state. Its not like Jefferson and Adams and the rest of our founding fathers KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING when they wrote our constitution. And you think it has to do with RELIGION? Can you see what is wrong with this picture now? Your going to have to seriously start thinking on a different level. Iran will never attack us. Not only is it physically impossible for them to do so, they are surrounded by dozens of nations that have nuclear arms. And you think Israel is surrounded...
Ron Paul does not want anyone to attack us. It makes me feel wary that there are people like you because your radical misunderstanding of the facts is dangerous.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Allenb83 because: Incorrectly quoted post

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

What Mrs. Lehtinen says at 5:30 is what scares me. Why is it that the second something "in need of attention" surfaces, people want to use EVERY economic and political lever at our disposal. She's suggesting that we consider going insanely further into debt to bully a country that isn't even a threat to us.

Let's get real. We could wait until they highly enriched uranium, built a bomb and began launch sequence, and we would still be able to wipe them out before they could push the button and say "Allah." They'll never be a threat and yet we act as if we're Jimbo from South Park, shooting at animals....

"THEY'RE COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!"

Yeah, right.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

With sanctions Iran is pissed but has no money

Without sanctions Iran is a terrorists fundraiser.

There is every indication that Iran will attack us or Israel. Warnings from not just our gov't btw. To not take the threats seriously is foolish. Sanctions are the wrong way to go, but in this situation, its the lesser of two evils because the other option is war!!!!

America will not turn away from this.
edit on 2-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

You are so far removed from reality it's frightening. You are one lost soul. Iran is not going to commit suicide, are you really this #ing dense, I mean seriously. What the hell is the matter with you?

Iran attack the US? How? Imaginary missiles? WMD's they borrowed from Iraq, haha. People like you literally make me sick. The dumb populous of the United States includes you, you and those like you are the problem. Iran is a threat to nobody, zero. This is more war mongering from a country that is in debt up to it's nose. There is no turning back, it is the beginning of the end for the US empire, I couldn't be happier.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeCash
These Sanctions are not about nukes its about the banking cartels.
2nd line

Absolutely, but the clueless bunch don't understand anything other than my guy i the bestest, your guy sucks, bla bla bla.

Too bad mitt isn't even their guy. lmao

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Yesterday ]AIPAC sent a letter to every member of Congress urging them to vote Yes on the Bill, basically establishing a virtual state of war on Iran.
The Masters of the US have spoken.

Brainwashed sheep (like the fellow in my sig) will obey and listen.

Today Iran, tomorrow Yemen, maybe Syria for a snack in between.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
For anybody who's head is still in the sand about Iran.

If you think Iran is any different than Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya and the rest.

This video puts it all to rest.

Many ATS'ers should know who General Wesley Clark is but for those who are still being conned by the military industrial complex, the two party system, and Obama/Romney 2012, here you go:

THE WARS WERE ALL PLANNED.

So go ahead, support war on Iran, support the military industrial complex and all of its record-breaking profit contractors. Support the death of innocent people and support the rise of an entire new generation of Iranians that will hate us because we destroyed everything they've ever known and loved.

I expect Americans that watch MSM everyday to believe this stuff but people with membership on ATS and access to TONS of alternative news headlines and archives of information should NOT be this ignorant to the truth.

edit on 9-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join