It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney tax plan helps rich, hurts middle class: Tax Policy Center

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

Again... based on the "Study" - assumptions and all. I will wait on details from Mittens and an objective analysis sans assumptions before I score mittens plan.

Mittens on the Tax Policy Center BEFORE they scored his plan..."An Objective 3rd Party Organization"

Your obfuscating! An out of context and irrellevant non-sequitur.

Lighten up...still true all the same...You question the objectivity of the Tax Policy Center...and Mittens?

Last November, when the center published a report on then-rival Rick Perry‘s tax plan, the Romney campaign touted the research and called the center “objective” and “non-partisan.”

blogs.wsj.com...
edit on 1-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

By your defintion of AGI then someone that has a net worth of 5 Million, pays zero tax on the 190k in capital gains or interest he might take home each year?

Net worth isn't income. Income would be the interest earned (Called UN-EARNED INCOME) on that net worth (Investments) PLUS any earned income; salary, bonus, options etc... TOGETHER that is Aduscted Gross Income.

So otherwise, if I bank 3 Million and get a 6 percent return annually...roughly 199k...I don't have to pay a nickel on that income as long as I don't declare "earned" income elsewhere?

...Maybe Mitt could simply release his tax returns so we can get a better idea of what he has in mind?
edit on 1-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2012 by Henley because: cuz you cant share common sense with people who dont have any. :-)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Henley
Maybe those nasty old rich folks will hire people with the tax breaks they will get?

Maybe those nasty old rich folks will terminate people because they have to pay more taxes?

Maybe the unemployed would like to have a job from those nasty old rich folks rather than see the money going to the goverment?

Maybe not. Getting a hand out is much easier.

Maybe those rich folks have had a decade of
Increasingly beneficial policy and done little to
Help unemployment with their ever growing wealth.

Maybe your logic was invented by bankers so they
Can subjugate the human species...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2012 by Henley because: cuz you cant share common sense with people who dont have any. :-) above

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Yeap, those evil GOP. They HATE the poor people and want to see kids go hungery in the streets

I also hear they eat babys

Cheers! - The first post on the thread contributed nothing! Try again...with substance.

he gives that sort of response to any thread that isnt against obama or is anti romney.

nothing against u camaro just saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join