It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Explosive Device" found near Groom border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey, with a deceptive title like that, I should be a blogger.

Hiking near the border, I came across this device on the ground.

I shot it with my phone since I didn't want to get dust in my camera by changing lenses, so the quality isn't all that great. The text reads

RR141 E AL
1370-01-234-0718
(illegible)
8122814-1

According to Global Security, it is a training chaff pack:
www.globalsecurity.org...

I was under the impression chaff wasn't used on the Nellis range since it causes significant problems with FAA radar, but apparently training packs do not cause such problems.

In case you are wondering, it is still where I found it. I need to contact EOD to blow it up.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Hiking near the border, I came across this device on the ground.

You should go back and Rotate This Lever --->...just make sure to take video of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I knew this guy we called "three fingered Louie." He managed to play bass guitar since you don't need all your fingers to do so.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

No... he should take you and you could ROTATE THE LEVER while he video's.... that would be more fun.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Actually, it is not training chaff. The globalsecurity.org link you posted is not correct, and is for "RR-144A/AL" which is training chaff. "RR-188/AL", "RR-144/AL", and "RR-189/AL" are for training.

However, you photographed "RR-141E/AL" which is a foil type chaff used by the Air Force, and is not for training. Actually, that type of chaff you photographed is for/from an EF-111 which was retired back in 1998.

I doubt what you photographed was the entire pack.
edit on 2-8-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

Thanks. I've seen the foil chaff caught in brush, though not near the range. Rather near the A-12 crash site, though probably unrelated to the A-12.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How close is close to the border!?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Honestly, anything that says "Don't rotate this lever" is just asking you to rotate the lever!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
S&F!
Very cool dude! Anything having to do with Groom Lake is pretty cool...and interesting. Especially since it has nothing to do with aliens, anal probing aliens, or aliens kept in jars at the Operating Facility Located Near Groom Lake. Hahahaha...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Real good find, The 'do not rotate..' text makes me want to rotate it....the 'explosive' text makes me want someone else to do it for me. Get some snaps of the surrounding area and try to plot it on Google Earth !

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How do we know this was found near groom lake? Where's the pics???

Because OP says so?

I'm thinking that if anyone found this they would immediately do the right thing and call someone who can take care of it...instead...let's run to ATS...

"ahhhh sorry about losing your leg dude...I was coming back to report it!!!"

Someone puts a video up of a UFO and inside 10 mins ATS people are calling it a hoax (?)

Js

In case you are wondering, it is still where I found it. I need to contact EOD to blow it up

edit on 8-10-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add qoate

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I contacted the Nellis PAO. They said to contact the local fire department. Needless to say I was aghast since there is no local fire department. I pointed this out in my return email to the Nellis PAO. If Nellis doesn't care about it, there isn't a lot I can do.

I will make it a point on my next trip to check out the location and see if they removed it.

Regarding safety, the most likely thing to trigger this pack is a cow or other animal.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by tracehd1

I contacted the Nellis PAO. They said to contact the local fire department. Needless to say I was aghast since there is no local fire department. I pointed this out in my return email to the Nellis PAO. If Nellis doesn't care about it, there isn't a lot I can do.

I will make it a point on my next trip to check out the location and see if they removed it.

Regarding safety, the most likely thing to trigger this pack is a cow or other animal.

Well, least you did your part. Hell, maybe you'll end up with some free steak on your next trip!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
How do we know this was found near groom lake? Where's the pics???

Because OP says so?

I'm thinking that if anyone found this they would immediately do the right thing and call someone who can take care of it...instead...let's run to ATS...

"ahhhh sorry about losing your leg dude...I was coming back to report it!!!"

Someone puts a video up of a UFO and inside 10 mins ATS people are calling it a hoax (?)

Js

In case you are wondering, it is still where I found it. I need to contact EOD to blow it up

edit on 8-10-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add qoate

Side note... Did you even READ the post and comments? Just a question.

top topics

join