It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Olympic bus' crash kills cyclist in Newham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

'Olympic bus' crash kills cyclist in Newham

www.bbc.co.uk

A cyclist has been killed near Olympic Park in east London by what police are describing as an "Olympic bus".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well I guess all you conspiracy theorists were right, something bad did happen at the Olympics after all.

Breaking story but apparently an Olympic bus has killed a cyclist.

"The man, believed to be aged 30, was hit just before 19:45 BST at the junction of Ruckholt Road and East Cross Road, Newham, near the Olympic Park."

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Well I guess all you conspiracy theorists were right, something bad did happen at the Olympics after all.

Albeit, any death can be sad for those involved, but c'mon now. There are probably millions(?) of people in that area. 1 death does not make a conspiracy, nor does it give any credibility to any random prediction claiming that someone would die.

CX

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sad news but not unusual in London.....isn't cycle courier up there with the most dangerous jobs in London or something like that?

CX.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It's called sarcasm...

2nd

CX

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
1 death does not make a conspiracy,

Ah.....but was he using an official Olympic lane to cycle in?

CX.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

It's called sarcasm...

2nd

What, me? Nooooo

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Obviously, this was done by Israel, using the United States' "Project Blue Beam". What really happened is they made a UFO and it distracted the bus driver, who ran over the biker, who worked for Wikileaks. And, here's the kicker, the only reason they could pull it off is that Niburu is only minutes away from slamming into the planet!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hope the cyclist wasn't Bradley Wiggans

(sorry - poor taste joke I know)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Who did they hire to drive the buses around the Olympic park?

In America temp jobs like that usually are filled by unskilled immigrants, oh, and the TSA.

Not putting down unskilled immigrants, just pointing out that are some jobs they should not be given.

With the news that the security company fell short on hiring and training 3,500 guards, and that some of the guards they did hire were very poorly trained, I would guess they hired based on a pulse for quite a few jobs.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

It's called sarcasm...
I disagree.

Do you know what this↓ is called?

2nd
That is an excellent example of 'The Blind Leading The Blind'.

[color=707070]Think for yourself

CX

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Hope the cyclist wasn't Bradley Wiggans

He's now calling for compulsory helmets on bikes.

I seriously can't ride without distraction when i have a helmet on, i'm more likely to fall off with one on.

CX.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Well I ride motorbikes and sometimes I would like to go without a helmet. I don't think it should be compulsory. If it carries on like this they will have you wearing protective clothing just to go outside your house. Maybe even should wear it in your house in case you bump your head on something.

Where does it end ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If you visit London you may see one of the many "Ghost bikes" that have been erected to cyclists who have lost their lives on Londons roads. This is a very sad story.

A new project in 2011 is London Remembers which tracks all memorials in London, including ghost bikes.

ghostbikes.org...

The problem is London is not the easiest place to be a cyclist. London is known for big red busses and big black cabs, not to mention the amount of dodgy drivers on Londons narrow streets. But the cyclists too ride around like they have no care in the world, many don't wear helmets and wear their ipods, while hurtling through the traffic.

I can certainly understand the appeal of riding, to avoid the public transport system and for health reasons, but London is not Amsterdam where the city caters for cyclists.
edit on 2-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join