It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A, Standing Up Against a Liberal Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I support gay marriage. A civil licensed union should be between two consenting adults, for legal and tax purposes. Whether the sexes are opposite or the same doesn't matter to me.

Having said that, I also support Mr. Cathy's right to his beliefs. He runs a good business, the food is good, the staff is usually friendly and competent, and he takes good care of his employees. If he takes a "traditional marriage" stance, how does that effect his business or the products he offers for sale?

Considering all the other companies that use sweat shops overseas, poisonous chemicals in their food and drink, etc., surely people can find something better to whine about. Go Mr. Cathy! Don't ever apologize for what you believe in.

I wish there was a Chick-Fil-A around these parts, I suddenly have a craving for some of their delicious chicken salad sandwiches and their yummy cheesecake.....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

That's an absolute side issue that is tacked on to this debate for the sole purpose of diversion of facts.

Sure, freedom is a "side issue tacked onto this debate for the sole purpose of diversion". You certainly don't even want to consider the truth about what it means when a government is issuing licenses. God forbid that people just woke up to the reality of licensing schemes and everyone - gay, straight, or otherwise - simply just married the one they loved without bothering to obtain any permission from the state. What would happen to your precious and divisive debate then?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Trying to equate the 1st amendment right of the CEO of Chick-Fil-A to the horrors of slavery is the same type of bull$h!@ that defines the liberal agenda. They browbeat everyone like this. We have rights in this country and I support the right to those rights...or something like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yep, and there are plenty of faiths that allow for gay marriage, even many christian denominations.

As with everything it takes government stepping in to screw it to hell.

Yep, and do you notice how they are using piddly mayors to ramp up more division?? Haven't heard a peep from the main criminals in charge! Why? Because they are laughing their asses off watching the division that they have created and they won't say squat until AFTER the election!

Look at our brave pro-gay marriage(well he was forced into it) president! Nadda not a peep! That alone ought to show the gay folks that he is doing nothing more than pandering for their votes!!! If he felt strongly about it he would have said something! But see, nothing..............................

Divide
Manipulate
Control

Beautiful plan and the masses of zombies does nothing more than to prove it works!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by grey580

When you cross that line and support the denial of anothers rights then there's a problem.

What right did they Deny anyone????

I misquote myself by saying they, it should be he! ONE man who owns a corporation made a comment based on his beliefs! Last time I checked our Constitution, that was allowed in this country! I don't care one iota if people are pissed and want to picket or boycott them! What I do care about is Mayors who come out and tell franchisees that they are not welcome in their cities!!!! That is illegal and you damn well know it!

But consider this, before you make your picket signs and go try to shut down a person who did nothing more than invest their money into a business and product that they believe is good, make damn sure that you have a good employment rate in you city before your politically and unconstitutionally ban a business from coming into your city!!!!

The franchisee didn't do one damn thing wrong to anyone!!!! Think about it!

Again Chic-fil-A has the right to say anything they want.
Hell we allow the KKK to blurt out their hate.

Freedom of speech isn't the issue.

Chic-fil-A is donating money to known hate groups.

linky

It's obvious that the owner is actively supporting hate groups that work to deny lbgt equal rights.

That's my point of view.

If it was just the Chic-fil-A owner expressing his view. I don't think this would of blown up the way it has.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

That's what this debate is about. Simple.

The other conversation about licensing is important, but not the center of this debate. We shouldn't support the funding of companies that are going to pursue activists roles in denying rights to other Citizens. The end.

Opinions are fine, as long as you aren't restricting the rights of others. That is all.
edit on 1-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by notionfreely

Really, name another restaurant, retail store, gas station, or really just about any other company that is sales oriented, that chooses to remain closed on Sunday, knowing that the demand for their product would undoubtedlly enhance their sales by over 15 percent if they were open on Sunday?

link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Divide Manipulate Control

Exactly, until we can drop these petty differences, and yes they are petty, I couldn't give a crap what two consenting adults do on their own.

the same with Race.
the same with Class war fare.

Its all division tactics that WE all buy into.

Meanwhile we are on the Titanic and its sinking, arguing about the stance a private company takes...

Everyone is SOOOO concerned about their special class groups rights that they ignore the injustice of the current system.

How bout this, we put all of this aside, and FIX whats really wrong with the country.

We can pick up these petty squabbles after we finished putting out the fires that are destroying this country.
Lets stand united against the Tyranny of BIG GOVERNMENT, which is essentially what

Jean Paul Zodeaux Is saying but everyone is taking it personally or choosing to misconstrue his words.

edit on 1-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

That's what this debate is about. Simple.

The other conversation about licensing is important, but not the center of this debate. We shouldn't support the funding of companies that are going to pursue activists roles in denying rights to other Citizens. The end.

Opinions are fine, as long as you aren't restricting the rights of others. That is all.
edit on 1-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

agreed. funding groups that deny equality rights of other tax paying citizens is wrong. they have a right to their opinion and a right to say it but i also have a right not to give them my money.

edit on 1-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Again Chic-fil-A has the right to say anything they want.
Hell we allow the KKK to blurt out their hate.

Freedom of speech isn't the issue.

Chic-fil-A is donating money to known hate groups.

linky

It's obvious that the owner is actively supporting hate groups that work to deny lbgt equal rights.

That's my point of view.

If it was just the Chic-fil-A owner expressing his view. I don't think this would of blown up the way it has.

What is a hate group??? Someone that the Southern Poverty Law Center says is???? I am a veteran and a member of Oath Keepers and yet I am considered a terrorist because the SPLC says I am, and Homeland Security has also said that veterans need to to be watched because they may be a threat!!!!

So this guy that exercises his 1st Amendment right should be penalized????

You really need to rethink what is an obvious agenda that has been implanted into your brain from a partisan organization!

Aren't the people who are boycotting Chic Fil A a hate group???? After all, they HATE the corporate owner!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

agreed. funding groups that deny equality rights of other tax paying citizens is wrong. they have a right to their opinion and a right to say it but i also have a right not to give them my money.

You absolutely have that right, its how this issue SHOULD be decided, if its the will of the people the Buisness will fail via the free market.

What we have here though is a State official who is elected and takes an oath can not than make his personal stance policy, while disregarding the Constitution...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

How are hate groups "working to deny them rights"????????

Last time I checked we have laws in this country which are voted on by the people, for the people....

Seriously, explain to me how Chick-Fil-A, a fast-food chain, is somehow holding the gay man/women under it's boot?

All hate groups can do is be @$$holes...they don't make laws, and they certainly aren't the reason that gay people can't get married.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

First of all, liberal agenda's? So anyone who disagrees with your views or the views of Chick-Fil-A is a liberal who has a liberal agenda? I'm missing something, right? Are you watching and reading liberal new outlets and assume that's how the whole country/world thinks? Not everyone is a liberal pushing an agenda and are allowed to completely disagree with Chick-Fil-A.

Lets get down to it, the man made a comment telling the country/world that he and his company are against gay marriage, most likely the gay life style all together. That's a fact. Now he didn't come out and say kill all the gays or other hateful speech. Basically Chick-Fil-A's top dogs are not shy about letting everyone know how they feel about gay marriage/rights. In a world with free speech and the internet the word spreads like wild fire, so not only liberal outlets are reporting this, everyone is.

Now sure, we all can give him respect for having the guts to come out and say how he and his family/company feels about gay marriage. No doubt, they put profits 2nd, for better or worse, and follow what they believe first. And that's why they find themselves in hot water, because they put themselves into that position willingly. They are not the victim you make them out to be. They know exactly what they are doing. Every other company doesn't share their political views, nor do they need to. Do we really need to know Wal Marts politics? Dunkin Donuts? Sears?

So in the end, I guess you can salute him for speaking up but they have an agenda too, and theirs is religious. They're pushing their religious message & will have full support of any dedicated Christian. The southern USA is a given, perhaps the mid west too, and of course religious folks scattered throughout the USA.

I don't support Chick-Fil-A's stance on gay marriage but it's not like they're denying service to gay couples or are promoting hate towards gays. There's only 1 Chick-Fil-A in NY, NYU campus, so chances of me ever eating is nil but either way I wouldn't boycott them because of their beliefs. I'd boycott them if they were to take some sort of actions against homosexuals.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What is a hate group??? Someone that the Southern Poverty Law Center says is???? I am a veteran and a member of Oath Keepers and yet I am considered a terrorist because the SPLC says I am, and Homeland Security has also said that veterans need to to be watched because they may be a threat!!!!

You really need to rethink what is an obvious agenda that has been implanted into your brain from a partisan organization!

Aren't the people who are boycotting Chic Fil A a hate group???? After all, they HATE the corporate owner!

I didn't say he should be penalized for speaking out his mind.

And no they are not a hate group.
The boycotters are not denying Chic-fil-A rights.
They are expressing their opinion as well, with their wallet.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Look at the post below yours that posted this.

What do you have to say about that?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I didn't say he should be penalized for speaking out his mind.

And no they are not a hate group.
The boycotters are not denying Chic-fil-A rights.
They are expressing their opinion as well, with their wallet.

Even though I wouldn't boycott them for their beliefs I fully understand why people can and will and you hit the nail on the head. The OP makes it sound as if Chick-Fil-A is the victim here but we know that isn't the case and you said it perfectly.

edit: reading your following post with the image, well looks like I found a reason to boycott them, if this is true.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Do you think that the denial of marriage licenses is limited to gay people? Think again:

Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License By Louisiana Justice Of The Peace

In 2009 a Louisiana Justice of the Peace denied an interracial couple a marriage license. Now take a look at this New York City City's Clerk Office information on marriage licenses:

We will deny a Marriage License Application when an applicant cannot provide proof that a previous marriage has ended due to divorce, annulment, or death of the other spouse.

There are occasionally times when a person applying for a Marriage License was once a victim of identity theft.

We have created an appeal process to assist people who have had their identity stolen and used to apply for a fraudulent marriage.

We work with the City's Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH) to have a forum for you to redress the denial of your Marriage License Application without incurring the expense of a lawsuit.

Licensing schemes create the ability for government to deny people a license. That's the thing about asking for permission to exercise a right, you run the risk of having that permission denied.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't think that we disagree.

Sure Chick-Fil-A has a religious agenda. There is also gay equality agenda. I don't have a problem with either of them. What I have a problem with is one being villianized for speaking their minds, the other being labeled as heroic. Over and over I see the same things. If someone is against gay marraige, the are ostrasized for their beliefs. If someone is for gay marraige, they are helping to bring forth a whole new society of equality. This is the agenda that I speak of. I'm not saying it is everyone, but the media is heavily involved. By media, I mean television media and entertainment. People should be able to state their opposition to gay marraige in a non-violent way and be afforded the same rights as those that are pushing for gay marraige rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join