It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

San Antonio airport bomb threat

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bomb threat at San Antonio airport.

the terminals are closed and evacuated. Inbound planes landing but no departures. Police, fire and DHS on scene.

I see if there is more infor online.




posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel
 




wow scary, please let us know what happens!



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel
 
.

here is a link to new

content.usatoday.com...

Three bombs were reported in the airport's parking garage about 2:15 p.m. CT (3:15 p.m. ET), a fire department spokeswoman said, the San Antonio Express-News is reporting.

Police have blocked all entrances and exits to the airport,



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
SA police chief said call states bombs in 3 cars and terminals. Police bomb dogs found 3 cars that seemed to indicate presence of bombs or residue in parking garage. Bomb squad getting ready to check cars.

Airport still not allowing flights out and inbound planes are no going to terminals

Correction: Sounds now like 2 of 3 cars were a hit by the dogs

.
edit on 8/1/2012 by roadgravel because: typo



edit on 8/1/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Terminal B has been cleared and partially reopened. Terminal A is being cleared. THe cars are in the lowest level of a parking garage. Sounds like it might be near terminal A.

The call from a man was made directly to the airport.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
SA police chief said call states bombs in 3 cars and terminals. Police bomb dogs found 3 cars that seemed to indicate presence of bombs or residue in parking garage. Bomb squad getting ready to check cars.

Airport still no allowing flights out and inbound planes are no going to terminals.


i wonder if there will be an extra fee for "fuel use by bomb scare delay" added to the fees for baggage...i can see the headlines now..."customers were charged 10 dollars per ticket extra for fuel use while waiting on the tarmac from bomb scare"...."all the airlines involved say that due to the delay, profits dropped dramatically and have to be made up from somewhere, and that would be the customer"..."we (this time do not) apologize for the delay...but we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight experience, thank you for flying (insert company name), and we wish to see you soon"



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 




Sad but true.. and wow tha did sound very official. you sure you dont work for the airline industry?



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel
 




My thing is, if poeople really want to blow something up why do they warn first? thats stupid. abviously we would find out after everything was blown up. I am sure it will turn out to be nothing. Just someone wanting attention.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
reply to post by roadgravel
 


My thing is, if poeople really want to blow something up why do they warn first? thats stupid. abviously we would find out after everything was blown up. I am sure it will turn out to be nothing. Just someone wanting attention.


I wonder about the same thing. But the fact bomb dogs seem to indicate explosives at cars adds a bit of possibility of some truth. May be just residue and no bomb to proves a point.

News now says 2 cars are cleared.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Terminal A cleared.
The inbound planes that have been waiting are now moving to the terminals to unload.

Looks like it may have been another threat without actual bombs.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its all over now
It looks like it was a hoax


Bomb teams found no explosives in any of the cars or in the long-term lot and the terminals. Between 1,000 and 2,000 passengers were evacuated onto the tarmac, some waiting nearly two hours in 99-degree heat. They were allowed back inside after police gave the all-clear. Update at 6:12 p.m. ET: Airline operations have resumed for all flights, an airport spokesman says. Delays should be expected.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
Its all over now
It looks like it was a hoax


Bomb teams found no explosives in any of the cars or in the long-term lot and the terminals. Between 1,000 and 2,000 passengers were evacuated onto the tarmac, some waiting nearly two hours in 99-degree heat. They were allowed back inside after police gave the all-clear. Update at 6:12 p.m. ET: Airline operations have resumed for all flights, an airport spokesman says. Delays should be expected.


WOW, that rough, i would be IRRATE!



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   


99-degree heat


Just a summer day in south central Texas. The picture of the people out on the concrete was brutal.

Wondering it this was just a drill sprung on the airport. Found it interesting that bomb dogs indicated target cars but no bombs were found.
edit on 8/1/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
5

log in

join