It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama donates to himself.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thats right obama has finally had to donate to himself, he has even made a video showing how to do this.. how simple it is because you simple people must not be able to figure it out.

President Obama has given $5,000 to his own reelection campaign, an official confirms to POLITICO.

In an email to supporters this morning, Obama said that he had given to his own reelection campaign for the first time as a symbolic gesture.

"On its own, what I gave won't be enough to surmount the unprecedented fundraising we've seen on the other side, both from our opponent's campaign and from the outside groups and special interests supporting him," Obama wrote. "But we have always believed that there's nothing we can't do when we all pitch in. That includes me."

They go to say that it is the maximum amount that can be donated which is true from normal people however obama could donate as much as he wanted too... good thing michelle told him it was ok to spend 5k... must be because he let her get that 9k jacket she was wearing the other day.

Ok I'm not a Romney fan I think he is a puppet of the establishment.. nor am I a obama fan because he is just as big of a tool. This video has broken my hope for america though, seriously we have a president who has no character that we can be proud of... imagine JFK doing this.. or bush for that matter.

politico

edit on 1-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I love how he tries to make the point that his campaign relies on the smaller donations since his side does not get the large contributions that the other side gets. Guess he forgot about all those $30,000.00 plus, dinners his campaign has been hosting.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow this needs to be front page news!!!!! I don't think it will be though.

I am speechless right now.

When was the last time a President donated money to his own campaign? Isn't that illegal? This should show people how desperate he is.
edit on 1-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh geeze.. That is what I get for sometimes reading headlines and assuming (Yeah...I know I know) they actually contain meaning behind what they suggest!

When I saw the headlines recently about Obama putting his own cash into the kitty, I imagined it meant he was putting REAL money into it as so many other candidates have in the past as they encounter troubles.

As a recent article showed, the jacket Michelle wore to a recent public appearance cost $2,000 more than this silly political stunt. Gee.... I'll bet anyone with $5,000 free to give would have the intelligence to discover the process of giving it. If they don't, I'd say we'd all be better off if they kept their money. Whichever side an idiot to that level might have been intending to support.

Silly Stunts and parlor tricks... When do we get to something beyond attacks and games?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

I love how he tries to make the point that his campaign relies on the smaller donations since his side does not get the large contributions that the other side gets. Guess he forgot about all those $30,000.00 plus, dinners his campaign has been hosting.

And the fact he set the record last election for most expensive election campaign ever,
I imagine the Muslims don't like him any more since he still killing them, so there go the over seas donations,
The African Americans are feeling neglected and ignored, their goes those donations.
The twenty somethings, just voted because they thought he was going to legalize pot, nix that.

It must have been difficult for him to succumb to pressure supporting gay marriages.
The rich, need I explain?

yada yada

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this upsets anyone...
There's nothing illegal about it. What's the outrage about?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not upset.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What a generous feller...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Wow this needs to be front page news!!!!! I don't think it will be though.

I am speechless right now.

When was the last time a President donated money to his own campaign? Isn't that illegal? This should show people how desperate he is.
edit on 1-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Why?

It's really not a big deal. Candidates are absolutely allowed to donate to their own campaigns. He was allowed to "give himself" even more, but he chose not to because the donation was a symbolic gesture or something.

I don't understand why anyone would take such offense to this, unless they were looking at it through partisan blinders.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Obama isn't broke and neither is the DNC. It is just a ruse.
They are playing poor mouth while Hollywood and Big Shot Cronies are paying $50,000 a plate on the rubber chicken circuit.
It is a game.
I'm gonna take my quarter and go home.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No there isn't anything illegal about it and in fact I would hope that they would donate to their own campaigns and spend their own money.

What I find disgusting about this is that its a dog and pony show, do you really think he sat down at that crappy computer and typed in his credit card info? Seems to me he thinks people are so stupid that he must show them an example on how to donate to him... like monkey see monkey do.. I think the fact that we have so much other things going on in the world and this is what he is worried about says loads about his character.

Dont forget the campaign to get just married couples to forgo wedding gifts and have their guest donate to obama instead.

Its disgusting and hard to respect.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Since Obama donated (to himself) will Obama make Obama a cabinet position? An ambassador? A Czar?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

He's full of doo doo, and he's always been that way.

But, I have been noticing something a bit more odd these days as well and it seems that most people don't mind...overseas fundraisers. SINCE WHEN DID WE ALLOW THAT???

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I didn't watch the video, but I get the gist from reading here... Maybe some people don't know how to donate. Did anyone ever consider that? I very much doubt that he would put this video together unless his research team told him it would help with donations. Believe it or not, some of still don't have all the latest knowledge about using the Internet.

Still don't get the "outrage"... Politicians do whatever it takes to get donations and win campaigns. I thought that was well-known... I guess people are just upset that he thinks of ways to reach a lot of people...
edit on 8/1/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What outrage?

I find it amusing.

(Is this how politicians "self-gratify?
)

edit on 1-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

What I find disgusting about this is that its a dog and pony show, do you really think he sat down at that crappy computer and typed in his credit card info? Seems to me he thinks people are so stupid that he must show them an example on how to donate to him... like monkey see monkey do.. I think the fact that we have so much other things going on in the world and this is what he is worried about says loads about his character.

This probably took Obama what, 15 minutes to do?

I think you're letting yourself get a little carried away. I see it on both sides of the fence, and it's an election season so I don't blame you, but try to step back and take a fresh look at it. It's just a simple gesture to encourage small donations to his campaign.

I don't like the nature of campaign finance any more than you do. It's a really messed up situation where our candidates focus all their time and money on campaign efforts instead of their jobs. However, this is nothing new. Every incumbent candidate has done this.

Obama's campaign relies on getting many small donations from a large amount of supporters. Romney's campaign relies on a few large donations from a much smaller group of much wealthier supporters. It's only natural that Obama is going to reach out for more donations, because the people funding his campaign are mostly middle class citizens and not the ultra-wealthy.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Okay, last one.

Now Obama can honestly say that the "government" built his campaign!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Ben Franklin

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Still don't get the "outrage"... Politicians do whatever it takes to get donations and win campaigns. I thought that was well-known... I guess people are just upset that he thinks of ways to reach a lot of people...

I didn't read any Outrage in the replies.
What I do understand is, that some people know they got Lied To in 08 and their not donating in 2012.
I think this story below will support this. I mean, it sounds like their Begging and Oboma needs every dime to include his own, maybe they should return some of Michele's clothes!

Each plea for money from President Obama and his allies has become more urgent and desperate than the last.

Michele Obama worried aloud about waking up on election day “wondering if I could have done more.”

Yes you could have taking less vacations and saved that monies

The answer, according to all of them? A donation of $3 (or more) by midnight on Tuesday. (The e-mails don’t say “Pretty please!” — yet.)

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Just maybe Mr. Change is looking for any change you have left out of your Unemployment Checks

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Ben Franklin

I doubt he really donated anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join