It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it does take to make this world work.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I do not know what goes on in the minds of the people in my street and never will and also do not have the ambition to know what goes on or to know them.

This thread is not about what they want or dislike or their political view.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by Sulie

I do not know what goes on in the minds of the people in my street and never will and also do not have the ambition to know what goes on or to know them.

This thread is not about what they want or dislike or their political view.

I guess I took your thread the wrong way then. It makes me wonder though, how you intend to make this world work when you have no intention of what is going on in your own back yard.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is not much to think about to solve this problem that you see, the answer lies in your self. The modern culture usually does not embrace the idea of unity and peace. Look in our movies and entertainment, killing and destroying is seen as a form of entertainment. Once the people and individual see unity and peace as a form of entertainment and enjoying feeling, than we may see that flourishing day of civilization and humanity.

But nonetheless it all comes to that it 'Takes changing the individual to change the whole'.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

It is about what I observe,......read and see in general. What has happened and is happening in the world. Nothing specific with individuals.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

But why does it never happen? IMHO we should look at the core of the problem. There is something wrong with many of us....that is why there has never been global peace and prosper for mankind....ever in the history of our excistance.

Why must there always be a bad guy.....the one who is jealous, has the need to steal...want your wife. We can all wake up and become aware how the world is dominated by presumptuous sociopaths and remove them but they will be back.

None of the so-called metaphysical garbage written about on this site has ever reached the human self-awareness that you just expressed. Your views on human nature are so logical and down to earth that it easily transcends what every astral projectionist, OBE's, and religious person seeks, but has never found.

Life: It is what it is, and nothing more. Humans: we are what are, and nothing more.

Good for you!

edit on 8/5/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/5/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In my opinion, the world "worked" way better before we started trying to fix what wasn't broken. The industrial revolution started us on the slide down hill. At least before we had heavy machines to rape the earth harder, we were limited to what we could physically do.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As I get older (approaching 40) I realize more and more that IF there is a point to this life - an inherent purpose for being here - it must be to test ourselves in an imperfect world.

I say this because the material world will never be perfect. The struggle to survive will always be around, and death and decay will always be the 'final answer.'

Rather than trying to form a utopian world where everyone agrees and conforms to the same standards (which is impossible) we should try to perfect our own views and attitudes about what is and isn't acceptable and try to serve as the best example that we can.

It's really up to social evolution and the circumstances which drive it...
A painfully slow process, with no certain outcome.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What will "make" the world work?
People need only look in the mirror.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join