It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it does take to make this world work.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The whole situation is very sad..shocking even... and should we people, care takers on this planet feel ashamed of ourselves that we are not able to make things work for eachother....and our environment..

I sometimes think if it is possible with words..with sentences ...with reason, to stop all wars and make people understand or comprehend that this planet can be such a wonderfull world for this generation and the generations after us if we keep honest to our hearts and mind.

With unity among people we can built a second pyramid of cheops....make an other planet our second home. We can do anything...for eachother and everybody in the world.

There are so many smart and good people in this world who can use their knowledge to guide the people who want towards a peacefull and flourishing society.

But why does it never happen? IMHO we should look at the core of the problem. There is something wrong with many of us....that is why there has never been global peace and prosper for mankind....ever in the history of our excistance.

Why must there always be a bad guy.....the one who is jealous, has the need to steal...want your wife. We can all wake up and become aware how the world is dominated by presumptuous sociopaths and remove them but they will be back.

How can a society on the right track...with right state of mind....keep the bad guy out?

That is the question..

Maybe is not for our species to be....some just need a good riot from time to time.

edit on 1/8/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

About 5% of the human population, is bad to the bones.
So.. it won't happen in several hundred years.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

intellect wont save us.

the shift you seek will have to come from something beyond the intellect.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It takes money. That's the only language TPTB understand, it seems.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We are not the care takers of this planet. The animals can keep the grass short by eating it. We are the destroyers.
You can rid the world of evil and kill all the psycho's until there is only a happy bunch of people left, but being one happy person with the same tiring bunch of happy people will make one of them bored and one will go insane, some of the rest of this group will respect this change of behavior and follow. There will always be two different sides and leaders.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

It takes something for people to motivate to be of any significance to a neighbor.
Money drives us as far forward as we allow it to keep us held back...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
How can a society on the right track...with right state of mind....keep the bad guy out?

When GOD(s)return maybe this time they will leave a GROUP of them not just a native hybrid mixed group to watch from aboard a CRAFT that sits in orbit of the EA*RTH. For good new moon perhaps? That way when many want to act outside the norms they just have to look up to see who is watching them evaluating their conscious potentials ect... And when the bad guy attempts to grow they take he until he understands his SOUL MUST ADVANCE beyond here..

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 8/1/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

It takes something for people to motivate to be of any significance to a neighbor.

For Joe Average, yes. When it becomes a psycopathic craving for money, it's a different ball game. That's probably why the world's in the mess it's in.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I guess all of that kind of depends on what your interpretation of "the bad guy" is. You see, what you think of as "the bad guy" and what I think of as "the bad guy" may be completely different. And Joe Blow from up the road- he's got his own unique idea of what "the bad guy" means.

As for stopping wars, I hate to sound so pessimistic here, but if people can't get along with their own neighbors, co-workers, in-laws, etc, how the heck is the whole world supposed to get along? I mean ideally it would be a wonderful thing, but realistically it goes against human nature and I just don't believe it's going to happen.

People aren't perfect and that's what it would take for things to be as you would like. But that's okay- you're allowed to dream. So far they haven't made THAT illegal yet!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

For Joe Average, yes. When it becomes a psycopathic craving for money, it's a different ball game. That's probably why the world's in the mess it's in.

Yeah.
Synergy-speaking

Lately I've been thinking it's time for all of the hoarders to rotate, give others a turn...
edit on (8/1/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by zatara

I guess all of that kind of depends on what your interpretation of "the bad guy" is. You see, what you think of as "the bad guy" and what I think of as "the bad guy" may be completely different. And Joe Blow from up the road- he's got his own unique idea of what "the bad guy" means.

As for stopping wars, I hate to sound so pessimistic here, but if people can't get along with their own neighbors, co-workers, in-laws, etc, how the heck is the whole world supposed to get along? I mean ideally it would be a wonderful thing, but realistically it goes against human nature and I just don't believe it's going to happen.

People aren't perfect and that's what it would take for things to be as you would like. But that's okay- you're allowed to dream. So far they haven't made THAT illegal yet!

I agree...utopia, the perfect society is not going to happen....Makes me wonder if the inability of the human species to be "perfect" is crucial for our will to survive. How can someone appreciate happiness without ever having experianced the opposite. The one can not exist without the other and both are needed for progress to the next level of understanding.

Our genetic makeup dictates that there will always be someone in the crowd with other ideas, wishes or weaknesses.

Because we as humans have this inability to get along and to be honest Bush was right when he said that the world need an one world government where the rule of law will be applied and not the rule of the jungle.

It is beside the point that these words came from him but the general idea is needed for the human species if we ever want to make this world work.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by zatara

About 5% of the human population, is bad to the bones.
So.. it won't happen in several hundred years.

What will happen after a several hundred years...?

sec.line

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

It is believing that the world does not work without us making it work that causes the problem. There is no problem until the mind makes one. The mind is a system that solves problems but is redundant if there is no problem so the mind makes problems that don't exist in reality just so it has a job.
You go to school to have the system implanted, the mind is made. Then the mind is draped all over reality obsuring it so you never get to see what is real. Until the conditioning is removed there will be suffering.
The world is only what ideas you have of it. Where do you see the world? Where do the ideas come from? TV mostly. Has anyone experienced the real world?
Is there a 'world'? Or is there just experience?
It is not the world that needs fixing, it is wrong vision. The plank needs to be removed from the eye.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Why must there always be a bad guy.....the one who is jealous, has the need to steal...want your wife.

Some could argue that monogamy is not even natural considering that we have attractions for multiple people.

The guy is not "bad", the wife is. SHE is the one married with the ring on her finger, it is her job to inform others that she is married and it is her job to resist the temptation. If a guy sleeps with a wife, that is her fault because SHE allowed it to happen knowing that she is in a monogamous marriage.

Just wanted to say that...

Also, the world is already "working" and has been for thousands of years. There will always be things that we don't "like", and even some of those preferences are social constructs.

If you don't like something, you can turn your attention away from it and focus on what you like instead.

The only thing we need is freedom, everyone should be able to make their own choices in life.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Why must there always be a bad guy.....the one who is jealous, has the need to steal...want your wife.

Also, the world is already "working" and has been for thousands of years. There will always be things that we don't "like", and even some of those preferences are social constructs.

If you don't like something, you can turn your attention away from it and focus on what you like instead.

The only thing we need is freedom, everyone should be able to make their own choices in life.

It isn't that simple...you can't just close your eyes, look the other way or stick your head in the ground when decisions made by our/your government or people in the govt. They have the power to force their "ideas" upon the people and will affect us.

Of course you can disagree with certain legislation because you don't like it ....but that will get you nothing but trouble if you go against it... because you do what you like instead. Your idea of what is right and should be the norm is exactly the problem..there is no way that all people agree to think the same on a specific subject. That is what makes us human.

Because of this inability to agree on everything, the many different opinions and ideas of what is right there must be a vote and something with the power to tell all of us what rules to follow.

Unfortunately the system which is intended for the wellbeing and wellfare of the people has been changed by the ones who should guard and apply it. Some of these guardians make and made laws to protect their own illegal activities and stopped making decisions what is best for the citizens. It became an organised culture of grabbing and lies. Licenced to steal and kill...
That is what I also call "bad men". Highly educated people trusted with the future and prosper of the country. It is evidence that they are also just people with the same imperfections like all of us......and can't handle the given responsibilities.

IMHO it must be clear that we humans with our natural tendencies for gaining riches, power and status this world will never work. Unless our leaders are able to admit these weaknesses and do something about it there is a chance to bring this planet to a more fruitfull level.

Maybe a bit off-topic but....the other day I watched a docu about gangs in Kenya, Africa. What I did see there can well be what is coming to the USA. Poverty sustained and caused by a corrupt government. When the US-dollar will collaps there is nothing between rich and poor. Gangs will rule and rebuilding an USA will take generations...if ever, because the rich would very much like things the way they are.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Do not look to others to make life work.
Is your life not working? Is your life painful? Are you suffering?
You might just be suffering from the belief that it's not working.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by zatara

It doesn't matter if you are adressing your reply towards me or meant for everybody but.....the OP is about all of us....governments, races....people and their inability to have a lasting understanding and work towards a better world for everybody.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by zatara

It doesn't matter if you are adressing your reply towards me or meant for everybody but.....the OP is about all of us....governments, races....people and their inability to have a lasting understanding and work towards a better world for everybody.

Until ones own suffering is understood suffering will be colouring all experience.
The 'world' cannot be mended but it can be overcome.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Exactly! As the saying goes: "Money makes the world go round!" Unfortunately, those who have plenty of it are mostly interested in making even more.

Humanity has come a long way so far, but it has still a long way to go to achieve that perfect utopian society. And no God or Gods won't save us and neither will ETs. We will have to do it ourselves or be doomed to go the way of the Dodo.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

You are asking a question that beffudles me. How well do you even know the people that live next door to you? The world cannot change on the grand scheme you think, while you have no idea what is in the heads of people that even live on your street.

You have to take baby steps, to know your neighbors before you can know the entire world.

When was the last time you visited with a neighbor?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join