It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia-Compliant VayCay? Someone Please Tell Me These Are Photoshopped.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
No, No, and No. These women don't have a choice. They are born into their religion with no hope of making up their own mind about their spiritual beliefs. In countries with Sharia law, women have almost no rights.

Not that I disagree that some women don't have a choice or alternative ... but some women do choose this religion and this method of living for whatever reason.

They are unfortunately symbolic of opression against women also just by their very dress sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

at first glance, i thought it was an advert for some new ninja assassin training or something

all i know for sure is that in the last 30yrs on this beachfront, i have NEVER seen one of these restrictive contraptions anywhere near a beach, the water, a boat or walking around the shoppe areas, ever.
sure hope it stays that way.

as for personal choice, i'm all for it, however, only if my choice is honored equally.
afterall ... each and every one of us did arrive naked.
why should this be "accepted" as a societal standard when nudity is not ??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, i imagine it can't be very much fun during somertime water activities dressed like this:

It's gotta be hard to have any fun dressed like this, and treading water has got to suck. If you go underwater you might forget which way is up or down.

I have done my best to try and keep a straight face up to this point, in regard to this thread.

However, thank you little brother, for making me guffaw out-loud with a resounding belly-laugh.....totally ruining all the hard work I invested in my attempt to keep from pointing out the obvious silliness of this situation..........

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We just came back from vacation in Wildwood NJ and the family in the room next to us were, I assume, Muslim. He and the children were dressed "American", bikini on the little girl, hollister on him and the son. The Mom, full black burka bathing suit. My poor mother was having a heart attack because she thought she was in the pool in her street clothes. "Very unhygienic" she said. I had to explain to her that it was a bathing suit made out of lycra. "Unbelievable" she says. My thought exactly.

The worst part was seeing him watching her every move, he stood on the balcony, watched her and watched all the girls in their skimpy bathing suits....while she took care of the kids. I felt bad for her, couldn't help but feel contempt for him.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I find it evil in plain site, this is right up with rape, murder, torture and slavery, it makes me
obscene beyond belief and it should be illegal to be advertised as it it registers to me as violence and extreme harm and in fact if I saw those posters around me I would sue for them to pay for the counseling my family and sons would need to recover from being exposed to such ugly misogyny and satanism.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
She would also drown if she fell overboard, if she isn't already sufficating from the heat. But then a culture that rapes and murders women to make them comply probably doesnt care too much how long they live. Here honey lets go boating today.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
news.nationalpost.com...

Belgium its illegal, but the police are having a hard time enforcing it and they surrounded a police station and threw metal bins at it. And the husband is suing.

What good is the law if they are intimidated into not following it through?

I wonder what country that poster was in because if we're going to be seeing evil and violent things like that around, I'll be suing. It felt like being puched in the gut and beaten, or witnessing extreme violence, just to look at that picture.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
These pictures come from the web site of a company in Egypt, Shouq Travel.

www.shouqtravel.com...

In my opinion, they are authentic simply because there's no need to photoshop as what you're seeing in the pictures is quite common in everyday life.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I call bull. That women appears to be wearing a regular Burka...in the water? I don't buy it, especially with these fashionable waterproof alternatives.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, i imagine it can't be very much fun during somertime water activities dressed like this:

It's gotta be hard to have any fun dressed like this, and treading water has got to suck. If you go underwater you might forget which way is up or down.

I have done my best to try and keep a straight face up to this point, in regard to this thread.

However, thank you little brother, for making me guffaw out-loud with a resounding belly-laugh.....totally ruining all the hard work I invested in my attempt to keep from pointing out the obvious silliness of this situation..........

I dunno why, but the first time i saw a pic of a woman dressed from head to toe covered up this pic is what it reminded me of.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The dress code, and the references in-thread to a controlling husband (who still, ironically, takes the time to check out the fit girls in skimpy bathing suits - not a sin for him, you see, only for the woman...) - these things are just the beginning of the horror that is fundamentalist Islam.

I will be working on exposing the lesser known situations of people all around the world who are born into such demonic bondage/ servitude, in the name of a God who appeared 600 years after Christ, and spoke out in the 'holy scripture, Quran' vociferously against Christ, in order to undo the good work that our Lord had done for Humanity upon the cross.

The dress code of these women is the external, visible representation of the imposition upon women of a demonically inspired slavery at the hands of 'superior' men - these poor ladies are literally wrapped in darkness, not allowed to show any part of the wonderful bodily form that God has provided. These are external signs of the very ironic, and very blatant, wickedness of the arch-enemy of God, whose counterfeit faith group leads to a life of horror for millions of women & children around the world, and not a few men too.

Makes my blood boil with 'Holy Anger'. I will do everything in my power, by the Lord's grace, to expose the truly Satanic roots of this 'religion' and the terrifying scale of the suffering it causes all around the globe. It is a blight on Humanity, and the only Arab Spring we need is the one where the youngsters are informed of the Truth, and reject the devilish 'religion' enforced for generation upon generation. Sad to say, that is highly unlikely to happen, unless we see a miracle. Let's pray for one.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I call bull. That women appears to be wearing a regular Burka...in the water? I don't buy it, especially with these fashionable waterproof alternatives.

Yep.. seen those. However, a lot of the hard liner men think these are to revealing showing the body and leading to "evil imaginings".. some actually DO wear the awful full thing ANY time they are in public and some even all times at home. Depends on what her wonderful husband decides.
Id haev been stoned to death. I overheat and start stripping as it is. Id die in that ridiculous thing. I dont even like hair in my face.. like Id be able to live with that mesh nonsense. No wonder the women cant drive.. they cant SEE.

I dont care if its a religion and they have ALL the excuses they use... I PERSONALLY as in my PERSONAL opinion think its ridiculously oppressive. Hell, just put some shackles on her. I mean people on here go nutty when Xtians express their opinions on gender roles and traditional ideas about women.. but this is all acceptable just because its a muslim and we have to be all PC?? Bah.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I will be working on exposing the lesser known situations of people all around the world who are born into such demonic bondage/ servitude, in the name of a God who appeared 600 years after Christ, and spoke out in the 'holy scripture, Quran' vociferously against Christ, in order to undo the good work that our Lord had done for Humanity upon the cross.

I can tell you who Allah is. He is really Muhammad. Watch this video from a brother in Christ. He knows Quran better than muslim, probably because he was one once himself.

Here Muhammad is making claims he is Lord, in effect copying Jesus. Now for someone who claimed to be Lord, he couldn't work miracles and he admitted such already. False prophet? Yes. False God? Definately.

Mohammad being a false prophet did not perform any miracle.

The Qur'an very clearly says of Muhammad that he performed no signs. In Surah 6.37, when Muhammad's adversaries say "Why has no sign been sent down to him from his Lord?", Muhammad is bidden to reply merely that God could send one if he wanted to but had not done so.

In the same Surah we read that Muhammad said, "I have not that for which you are impatient" (Surah 6.57), meaning signs and wonders such as Moses had. He goes on to say that if he had had them, the dispute between him and them would have been decided long ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I mean people on here go nutty when Xtians express their opinions on gender roles and traditional ideas about women.. but this is all acceptable just because its a muslim and we have to be all PC?? Bah

Yeah but we don't have traditional roles for women, and if any do enforce such ideas they're wrong. Jesus himself said when a man and woman marry they become one flesh, meaning the two are equal partners. People have some awfully strange and very wrong notions about "xtians".

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think the second photo has been altered as there's some kind of blurring around the woman's back. However the company that used them could be trying to appeal to muslim men who would aspire to this kind of holiday.

Personally i think wearing such loose garments when near machinery or partaking in sports is pretty dumb and there are modest swimsuits out there. I have seen christians and other women wearing these too.

Sometimes younger muslim women wear the burka wholly voluntarily, as a kind of 'up yours' to Western society and as a matter of muslim pride, I don't actually think banning it entirely is right. With education and intergration these things may change.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

"No, No, and No. These women don't have a choice. They are born into their religion with no hope of making up their own mind about their spiritual beliefs. In countries with Sharia law, women have almost no rights."

And if the hard right has their way, it won't be much better for women here. Last time I checked the hard right says the woman serves the man, the man leads the home. The woman should stay home with the children. The woman should not work outside the home, in part to eliminate interaction with other males. The ultra hard right Christians also require great modesty in clothing, including covering of arms and legs, no make up.

Sharia Law, Christian Law. I don't think there'd be much difference from a women's perspective. Well, maybe she'd get to drive the boys to soccer practice as the girls hung the laundry.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
this has the makings of an entire season of americas funniest home videos - oh is she having fun cant tell, ooops shes down and now uh she may be drwoning cant see her facial expressions or what shes doing with her arms, oh another boat couldnt see the dark cloth and now shes run over no wait her haji is caught up in the propeller and now shes being thrown around behind the boat, and nows shes naked and dead.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
if she even has a vest on (first picture) she would probably self-waterboard herself if she fell off..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
Don't know what country for those pics, but is the Burka banned in England and France?

Just curious.

In France I think that there is a fine for having one's face covered in a public place, but I am not sure how much that is actually enforced.

It is not banned in England and the rest of the UK, however in some public places (such as shops and cinemas) if one is wearing a hood then they are usually asked to remove it (as it covers up the face, apparently) but wearing a burqa or headscarf etc is allowed.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
this has the makings of an entire season of americas funniest home videos - oh is she having fun cant tell, ooops shes down and now uh she may be drwoning cant see her facial expressions or what shes doing with her arms, oh another boat couldnt see the dark cloth and now shes run over no wait her haji is caught up in the propeller and now shes being thrown around behind the boat, and nows shes naked and dead.

I'm ashamed of myself for laughing so hard at the picture your words present!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join