It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do we get an App for our Smartphones???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The title says it.
BTW, I hate the mobile version of ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
The title says it.

i have a smartphone and just use the regular URL for ATS....its fast, graphics amazing and I see no use for an App......JMPO....looks exactly the same as it does on my laptop...
edit on August 1st 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My phone is also fast and has a better screen than my regular pc, but I can barely read the threads. At the moment I'm responding from my phone and almost can't see what I'm typing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Get a pinch to zoom phone then !!
Most people would not want an app from a site like ATS given that it could track everything you do and everywhere you go. You are aware what your smartphone can do to destroy your privacy aren't you ?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Not just an app does tjat.
BTW, privacy on the www.?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I asked this very same question over a year ago and was directed to the mobile site . Don't think ATS has any plans to do an app , but who knows

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by Regenstorm

I wish they improve the mobile site. I access ATS always on my smartphone, everyday, always using the.mobile site. The regular one takes ages to load with the limited download speed my provider gives us. I also don't like having to pinch and zoom so I can read, the mobile site is more comfy.

But the experience on the.mobile site is poor. We can never see the posted pictures, not even with a link, same with videos. Other sites include a compressed version of the photo for smartphones. Trying to discuss proof on a picture with no way of seeing the picture is frustrating.

Also, the links to other posts within ATS should take to their mobile version, not the regular one as it does right now. That doesn't make much sense.

The owners should know that there is room to place ads in the mobile site, they could have extra income with a decent revamp.of the mobile site.

Peace and out

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i have a smartphone and just use the regular URL for ATS

Likewise...

Although, I could see benefits of an App...i.e. Alerts pertaining to posts within a specific favorite forum(s), or perhaps alerts to threads that have received X number of flags within X time frame, etc.

I remember reading a thread and if I recall correctly it was SO Mr. Springer that made mention of an App that was in development.

ETA: Correction, SO made the statement, here's the post
edit on 8/1/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Sooooooo, dear owners, does it take that long to develop an App???

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would love an app as well. Before my last hiatus, all I had was a blackberry. Thank goodness I have more now, but feel for those in that situation as it does diminish the experience IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I post from a Blackberry all the time. Opera mini works best for ATS. I have an Android phone as well, but the Android browser, Dolphin, or Firefox are not as good on a phone as Opera when it comes to ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
The title says it.

NEVER! MUAHAHA!

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
1. If someone can figure out how ATS can generate advertisement revenue through an app I am sure the Amigos would be happy to make one.

2. I use the normal version of the site on my iPhone (pinch to zoom) AND my iPad and it looks and performs fantastically.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'd love to see an official app too.
I'd rather see a slim version with ads, than pinch-and-zoom my way through the site.

Or at least TapAtalk integration or whatever it's called.

I guess m.abovetopsecret.com is ok.. not very robust though..
edit on 20-8-2012 by buzzkill because: sentence about mobile site.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I'm keen! I use the URL too but see it as an enhancement to the ATS experience.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi. Does anyone else lose the scroll bar on pictures when using your phone? I use the regular ats address via my mobile and no photos have scroll bars. And of course the "for sure alien" is usually circled out of frame and I can't see it.

Does the mobile version have photo scroll bars?

Thanks for any information!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I kinda hate apps. I have no problem on my phone at all with ATS except for scrolling pictures, but I can just pop open the pic in a new tab and zoom wherever I want. The Galaxy tablet I just impulse bought (along with way too many other things) really kicks ass here. It's exactly like normal ATS, minus chat, maybe, haven't tried.

If anyone is considering paying for an Ipad think about the Galaxy. Removable memory, has no issue playing any video that I've run across and is WAY cheaper. Actually screw that, I just bought a bunch of Apple stock a few months ago, BUY APPLE!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A tablet is not a phone.

I got a Playbook when they dropped the price to $199. It works fine for ATS.

Phones are another story due to the smaller screen. ATS works on Opera. It works on the stock Blackberry browser too, but I find opera parses the complicated websites faster since I am bypassing BIS, which for security reasons pre-scans the website before feeding it to the phone.

Incidentally, Apple stock is inflated due to the anticipation of the iphone 5. The stock market trades on anticipation, not reality. Invariably when these products "pop" or shortly before introduction, the stock take a hit downward. Traders like to lock in profits. Thus now is not the time to buy Apple. ;-)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ok, tried Opera and it is so slow I could fall asleep.

Safari bounces all around, Apple says it is gifs on ATS causing this behavior. Whatever.

I want to lay in bed with my IPad and cuddle up with ATS before I go to sleep.

What is the fix for this?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

All proxied browsers are slow. If you have a proxy, you are always getting the data second hand. However, the advantage is the proxy server takes all the virus abuse, and it formats the data in a manner readable on the phone. Not a big deal on a blackberry, but on less secure platforms, having a proxy is a good idea.

In my case, the opera proxy server is nearby. I don't see much delay.

I've run the ATS forum on a Blackberry Playbook. No issues IIRC. My only problem is however the password is stored, none of my portable devices remember it forever. Maybe once a month I need to set it. This is quite annoying since the password is not user selectable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join