It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DiY energy device guides!! (Free alternative electricity for dummies)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes.. unfortunately, the economic and technological (military) powers that be have decided that we puny humans must pay for our electricity. This does not mean that we cannot still get 'free' electricity.

The page I am linking you covers solar power kits, hydrogen power kits, wind power and more. It covers small outputs such as iPod charging to large outputs such as heating your house.

Although these methods do of course require both time and money to set up it doesn't mean they aren't worth looking into if feasible for you and your situation.

If you own your own property, are sick of forking out unreasonable amounts of money for your power and wish to get off the grid then you should definitely check this out.. not only that but information like this could be great in a SHTF scenario.. especially if you want to build a community.
Instructables

A treasure trove of useful information if I ever saw one!
Eta: You really need to check this out to see what I mean.. I'm not doing it any justice.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

but if TPTB doesn't want you to have alternative energy, why can you buy solar panels, wind generators, etc? I think it has a lot more to do with our own attitudes (i.e. we are too lazy) than anything with TPTB. Nobody is stopping you to buy solar chargers for your cellphones, or to invest in alternative energy.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's a cool site, thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

but if TPTB doesn't want you to have alternative energy, why can you buy solar panels, wind generators, etc? I think it has a lot more to do with our own attitudes (i.e. we are too lazy) than anything with TPTB. Nobody is stopping you to buy solar chargers for your cellphones, or to invest in alternative energy.

OF COURSE no-one is stopping you doing the things you mention.. when did I say otherwise?

What I was talking about was entities like the military stealing tesla and other alternative energy source ideas and raping them for military use.

Instead of using them to better the world that is.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

In my case I was on well water and loved it. Yet when they brought in the water billing ystem, I was forced to pay a minimum of $50 per month because they laid pipes that ran in front of my house. So yeah, try living off the grid and see how far you get unless you live in the real boonies.

Thanks, OP. With our electricity bills having been raised yet again to unreasonable totals, it's time we find some alternate form of relief.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
been a member of that site for a long time now. Absolutely love it.
I have met with some of them that dont take you tech or ideas with force, and I have met with those that do. When it comes to challenging anyone's power ( supply, demand or physically) they get rather defensive : even to lose just one customer.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
double post (see below)
edit on 1/8/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, about Tesla and his wonderful inventions. I hope you are not scared of Wi-Fi, or Cell-phones, etc, or those other signals, because that is exactly what he had in mind.

Why do you think electronic firms are spending millions on improving batteries, if the PTB doesn't want them to? Think back just 20 years, what was the power you could draw out of batteries, and look at modern batteries. The same applies to solar cells. Just look at the attached graph to see how things are improving.

Alternative energy is out there, for me or to you to use. Nobody is stopping you, it is just a case of convenience. If you are willing to spend thousands on inverters to get your alternative energy to 110V or whatever your voltage is, nobody is going to stop you.

Yes, sometimes you might read in the headlines of a huge improvement in power conversion. Sometimes it is, and something happens. When you read something that doesn't happen, in most cases it is because some methods are not quite production friendly. Think of it this way. If I give you an alternative energy source, that is almost free, but to use it, you have to spend 99% of your time just tweaking it, maintaining it, would you use it? I guess not...
edit on 1/8/2012 by Hellhound604 because: fixed my pic

link   

free energy = free living, you don't even need a job when energy is free because automatisation would be cheaper

now tell me why tptb would want us to have free energy?

free energy will be the last thing they will release (ie never, imo), mark my words, free humanity starts with free energy, hold it back and people are forever enslaved unless they go back to electricity free lives, for which we're already too far down the line anyways

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Vertical wind turbines have always interested me, theres one called a Dynosphere made by earthship, that I was looking into.

THe concept is not hard to build, just requires some effort it seems.

S&F

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Vertical wind turbines have always interested me, theres one called a Dynosphere made by earthship, that I was looking into.

S&F

Precisely, you have it......

and in my mind, people are just too lazy to take the effort. It is easier to blame others, than take the initiative and do things for ourselves....

Anycase, it is not "Free energy". Now, you have to maintain the stuff yourself, and blame yourself if something breaks or blow up, lol .....
edit on 1/8/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Amount of independently verified evidence for over unity devices: zero.

There's your problem, not some cooky "TPTB are keeping the man down" fantasies.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

free energy = free living, you don't even need a job when energy is free because automatisation would be cheaper

...except that you can get yourself off the grid with off the shelf solutions, or at least with a little labour your end. That pretty much shoots down the idea that "no electricity bill = no need to work = international cove rup by TPTB".

new topics

top topics

join