It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Abduction in Shelton, WA! Anybody else been getting more EAS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I just got an emergency broadcast system for an amber alert. This is only the second time I've ever experienced one before and it was for another Amber Alert. Besides the last few months I've never heard of any EAS besides tests and didn't know they used them for Amber Alerts. Anyways it's for a 16 year old 126 pd hispanic female if any of you live in WA.

And recently besides these 2 "real" EAS I've noticed an increase in EAS "routine tests" sometimes 2 times a day, 1 day a week. Anybody else been getting more EAS around where they live? I just find it wierd that just now I aparently have realized they use them for amber alerts along with increasing practice tests.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

What is "126 pd"?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I noticed my first one a couple months ago here in MI. Not sure when they started, but I do think they are a good idea. And I believe pd should be lbs.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockenberry

What is "126 pd"?

I suppose he means 126 lbs. (Pounds)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I live in Seattle and over the past few months there have been several amber alerts broadcast on the TV. I always pray for the missing children and I hope that it does help. Also...when I am out and about I keep my eyes open for any suspicious behavior etc.

I too have noticed an increase in EAS testing of the alert system.

Edit: (10:45am) a news person just came on the air for a few seconds and said that the 16 year old missing girl was abducted from her bedroom in the middle of the night. That tells me one of 2 things...that she was being carefully watched for quite some time...or...she ran away.

edit on 1-8-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Not in that area...but wanted to say the EAS/EBS has been increasing here too. On all stations...my kids will sometimes watch NICK jr and Disney...and they always say "mom...the cable went out" I will go in to check and it's the EBS on...never says anything..just a black screen with the white letters going across. Some days it does happen several times a day. I don't ever remember this happening prior to that nationwide thing they did back months ago..anyone else? Does it or could it have a bug?

new topics

top topics

join