It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban opens office in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Iran has increased its support for the Taliban by allowing the militants to open an office in the country while considering the supply of surface-to-air missiles, according to Afghan and Western officials

By helping the Taliban, Iran aims to derail a decade-long "strategic partnership" signed between Afghanistan and America in April. Tehran would also have the option of stirring violence in Afghanistan in retaliation for any US strike on its nuclear facilities.

A member of the Taliban's "Shura", or ruling council, was allowed to set up an office in May in the eastern Iranian city of Zahedan. Two months later, intercepted communications showed members of the Quds Force of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps discussing plans to send surface-to-air missiles to Afghanistan, although there was no evidence of the weapons actually being dispatched.

If they were given to the Taliban, this would mark a significant escalation of Iranian support. Iran's Shia regime was an enemy of the Sunni Taliban when the latter ruled most of Afghanistan between 1996 and 2001. When Taliban forces captured the city of Mazar-i-Sharif in 1998, they murdered nine Iranian diplomats.

Taliban opens office in Iran

Since this office opened in May, this leads me to believe that either the U.S. didn't know about it until now (which I don't believe on bit) or this information was just held until TPTB wanted it realesed to help their agenda. Avoiding more war hasn't been looking very good for a long time now, but all of these recent stories are making their rounds recently, making me think that something is going to happen soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Another chess piece in place...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
really be doing every one a favor if the taliban, al queda, racists, preachy religious types, etc all took up offices in Iran in the next couple months lol

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Taliban was created to use surface to air missiles on the Russians. So the CIA has offices everywhere now.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3
really be doing every one a favor if the taliban, al queda, racists, preachy religious types, etc all took up offices in Iran in the next couple months lol

Agreed!!! just all shack up and will let a MOAB sort them out!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its funny how the Taliban open up their mom and pop shop in any country we want to bomb the crap out of... and then it gets announced on your MSM news channels which are simultaneously making up ridiculous stories..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yes, and it is clearly working. Unfortunately, there are not enough people in the U.S. who take the time to try and see what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reminds me of something

mmmh

www.thenational.ae...

thats right

that

top topics

join