It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to close my bussiness. I am angrier than I am sad.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Sorry to hear

If it were in my power to help I'd gladly do so.

I wish you the best of luck for your future and advise you stay strong.

PS: Ignore that 'cool story bro" moron. It's hard to have empathy for someone else when you can't even see yourself for what you are.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

It sucks man. I live in the Alicante area of Spain but am originally from England, but I too no longer see it as a home to go back too, but lately Spain is so bad and expensive that I'm losing my house and business also and noone in the government will do a thing to help. What's more, they hinder.

Chin up my friend and ride out the storm because this year will end on a higher note if everyone just wakes up and stops giving the corrupt bastards money for a debt that they themselves have created. We have the tools to create a whole new system, but until we all stand up against the old one and stop giving them a cent, the window of opportunity will be lost.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The world has a finite amount of resources (which dents certain political ideologies that only function if we assume a potential for limitless resources and growth). Now if they are finite and a handful of individuals bleed 23-32 trillion out of all the economies and stash it away in offshore accounts then of course economies will suffer DUH

Ironically enough NOT voting plays into their hands. You MUST vote and support those who see this obscene situation for what it is : sheer unalduterated greed.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Start a cash only or limited credit card business. Any income thats cash I put into an ammo box and forget about it unless sometimes there's more cash than credit. Records get changed and destroyed daily have 3 employees that are happy. A friend has a sewer cleaning business 10% discount for cash he only made $80k last year it's a job most people don't want but he made at least 3 times that ammount

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sounds to me that if you move back to the states, or where ever your home was, you are now a "highly specialized chef and cafe business owner directly from Spain" if a small business opend like that in my town here in Boston, then id be like "wow, the owner is an authentic Spain Cafe owner.. it must be good"

seriously.. you can play that up big time, open some small hole in the wall here touting that you were a big time cafe owner in Spain and now your bringing your specialized coffee or whatever else here ..lol.. even run some sort of cater company from home supplying cateered cafe to weddings or something...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I feel your hurt all the way over here in the states man. I am sorry. Maybe its time to truly do for you and yours. Find a place where you and your family can learn to be completely self-sufficient? A place to thrive? unplug and do for yourself. No one to blame and no one but you to take credit for your success.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You say you love your country but bail to Spain when things don't happen how you like. So now your business fails and you want to move back but all you can do is complain about how things are.

Do me a favor, stay there.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
you know, i think you have stated the way a large and growing number of americans, and people around the world, really feel.

the system is unfair without a doubt, on that we totally agree.

but here is something we don't agree on.

there is something happening inside people one at a time. i can feel it. it's almost like it's in the air and contagious.

a revolution is right around the corner my friend, all we are waiting on is one small spark.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Quit your bitchin and whining and do something about it. Of all places to start a business you go to Spain???? WTF?! If you wanted to start a business NY is where you should have originally done that. Yeah costs were cheaper in Spain and the girls are hot there, but seriously you cannot make a good living in Spain unless you deal with the cartels and drug dealers

That said, go back home to the US, and work like heck. You have to. You will not win the powerball lottery. Military leads to potential death and unemployment when you get back from service abroad. Might as well find friends that can help you establish your cafe here and reward them for doing so when you are doing well in the future. Forget all of the crap that is going on which is outside your control anyways and take control of your life instead.

That's all I have to say. Best of luck in all your endeavours.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Quit your bitchin and whining and do something about it. Of all places to start a business you go to Spain???? WTF?! If you wanted to start a business NY is where you should have originally done that. Yeah costs were cheaper in Spain and the girls are hot there, but seriously you cannot make a good living in Spain unless you deal with the cartels and drug dealers

That said, go back home to the US, and work like heck. You have to. You will not win the powerball lottery. Military leads to potential death and unemployment when you get back from service abroad. Might as well find friends that can help you establish your cafe here and reward them for doing so when you are doing well in the future. Forget all of the crap that is going on which is outside your control anyways and take control of your life instead.

That's all I have to say. Best of luck in all your endeavours.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)
spain may not be a great choice, but i think you're missing the big picture.

this is a global problem.it's a freight train and it's heading right for the US also.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Most people already know the Libor scandal has at least partly caused the global economic meltdown, most of us also know general corruption has probably played the biggest part. The more that realise these corruptions the better. So here's a link to Libor scandal information, just to add more knowledge incase anyone didn't already know.

www.cfr.org...

What effect has the Libor scandal had on global financial markets, and what are potential repercussions?

"It distorts trust in the marketplace if you can't trust the rates at which banks are lending to one another," says Thomas Cooley of New York University's Stern School of Business. The Wall Street Journal's Franceso Guerrera notes that Libor manipulation meant "trillions of dollars of financial instruments were priced at the wrong rate--a fact that could do wonders for plaintiffs' lawyers while undermining investors' confidence in financial markets." Indeed, securities broker and investment bank Keefe, Bruyette & Woods estimates that the banks being investigated for Libor manipulation could end up paying an approximate total of $35 billion in civil legal settlements, separate from any payments to regulators. "Relative to the size of the sixteen banks at risk of lawsuits in the Libor scandal, $35 billion is chump change. But it will be another blow to the banks' ability to hold enough capital to satisfy higher regulatory requirements in the wake of the financial crisis," notes the Huffington Post's Mark Gongloff.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Axcalay
reply to post by BIHOTZ

It sucks man. I live in the Alicante area of Spain but am originally from England, but I too no longer see it as a home to go back too, but lately Spain is so bad and expensive that I'm losing my house and business also and noone in the government will do a thing to help. What's more, they hinder.

Chin up my friend and ride out the storm because this year will end on a higher note if everyone just wakes up and stops giving the corrupt bastards money for a debt that they themselves have created. We have the tools to create a whole new system, but until we all stand up against the old one and stop giving them a cent, the window of opportunity will be lost.

Hola!!

15 mins from Alicante here. I would NEVER, EVER go back to Germany or the States, Spain rocks. By the way..what has gotten expensive? It's so cheap here, rent, groceries, everything. I do have the advantage tho to be an internet marketer, for me it doesn't matter WHERE i live. I can see it being a big problem tho to have a brick and mortar business here.
edit on 2-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I feel you OP. I'm an Ebay Power Seller and I haven't had ONE SALE in 7 days.

This past 3 years has been rough but these past couple months has been brutal. But you have to adapt and find other niches or business models. I know it sounds easier than it is, but adaptation is the name of the game.

Which reminds me I should be adapting more and staying the hell off of the internet.

Anyways.

Some people are good at business, and like you said through no fault of their own they have to close.

Government has been the biggest impediment to our successes as business owners and this past decade has taught me that more than ever. I hate them. I can't stomach our 'leaders'. They create fake bubbles and crashes by manipulation of things that shouldn't even be manipulated in the first place.

And then when all goes wrong we're supposed to play by the rules of the MARKET while these F*****S play by a different game. And all the taxation and paperwork and red tape and how they have completely shot "buyer confidence".

They're all a bunch of scoundrels who should be repaying US for the effects of their crimes, but we just have to adjust to their games like caged animals.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I bet if this was a thread about how you just lost your job, rather than a business, people would be telling you what a bum you are.

And that you should go out and get whatever crap service job you can find.

And that if you had any intelligence at all you would open your own business.

And that you're obviously not a hard worker.

And that you're just a drag on the economy.

And that you don't even pay taxes.

Edit to add: And that you are a bum.

Edit to add: And don't you dare blame it on anybody but yourself.....and you're just a worthless bum.

edit on 8/2/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I feel you man.

My bro had to sell his bar in Spain last summer and come back home in Romania.I have seen him how upset was...but like you, he was more mad than upset.

Luckly for him (if you can call this luck) was that he was not married...He wanted to wait and told his gf to also wait.Now he is married with her and have a 1 month old child, they are doing it ok.

Not as good as in Spain 2 years ago...BUT FAR better that Spain now.And this is in Romania, a country with wages 5 times less than Spain ones.The difference is the unemployment, here is 7%.

I am very sorry to hear your story...but you know, it might turn to be a positive thing later.

Hang in there man.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Good answer

Raise prices just a little.
Lower quantity by just a smidge ( small amount )
And maybe offer music, or ask your patrons to vote - Say "Do you want my cafe to remain open (I will have to raise prices just a little and give you a ounce less of food/drink) or would you prefer I close because I cannot afford to remain open now.

He could ask his clients/patrons if they want him to remain open and get just a small profit.

Also, and it sounds crazy but just another idea.............how about bartering????

A coffee for say some potatoes? A dinner for a chicken (alive or butchered, alive means eggs? Something I don't know what but bartering by passes the "money / bank system"

We have got to get creative.

If he likes Spain, maybe he can even go out and catch his own fish or make a deal with a fisherman, a baker.

His wife could clean the baker's shop for bread?

Some other ideas we can come up with because the money system all over is eventually going to fail.

We need to barter.

If the OP can rent or buy a small farm he could grow his own food he uses ?????

Just some ideas, some might be crazy but the idea is to get creative.

America, in my opinion is not the answer................we are Ground Zero for the New World Order.

I volunteer at a homeless shelter two days a month and boy every month I am seeing a lot more "use to be" Middle Class People.

Our voting system is a sham (my opinion).
Our justice system runs by you can get all the justice via how much money you have.
We invade other countries under false pretenses
Have used WMD
Fund the Mexican Drug Cartel
and on and on and on it goes...................

Selling out won't work.

Those traitors that have sold out will eventually get theirs because there is no honor among thieves - none.

Maybe someone else out there that is more creative than me can come up with a idea to help the OP.?????

If the OP is happy in Spain, hell stay there.

He should maybe talk to his regular patrons and ask them for advice, maybe one of them would be willing to go in with him on the business?????

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I feel your pain. There is no honor anymore and people like us who have it are just antiquated beasts, throw backs from the past. But if a man has no honor he has nothing. I have a friend in Zambia that runs a game farm, he tells me that things are quite good there. The cost of living is low, taxes are low and you can make a good living in a place that can be a paradise if you work at it. Look at all your options, the end may be coming but until it does, live well and do what you do, the right way and with honor.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I feel the same way you do. IRS took me for a ride, I had two jobs and wasn't making jack and ended up owing them money every year. I owed them 9000.00 in back taxes and I could barely keep my head above water, so I quit my job and moved to get some better pay. Now I'm paying off bills but still feel angry. People graduate with Masters and cant get decent paying jobs. Really if your not going to school for a science or medical degree or engineering don't waste your time you wont make money. I no longer have any faith in our government. I don't blame people for avoiding the IRS taxes are illegal anyway.Supreme court stated that it was illegal to tax wages back in 1880. WAGES are not income! Income comes from selling a product. Your ass is not a product thats slavery. And slavery is illegal right? Every time I see a bank robber on TV I cheer for him. Sad, I used to love the US too. I still do but we will be like Mexico in another 10 years.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
not every cafe is closing

you were weeded out

that's how it works

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Axcalay

This really nails it on the head.

Quit Feeding the MONSTERS!!

and abdicate, like I have

I am EarthCitizen23, a NOT Owned Anymore Human.

Great Thread,, we are coming around !! Almost have hope again reading such threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join