It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to close my bussiness. I am angrier than I am sad.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Cool story bro.

Asshat. The OP pours his heart out and that's all you can answer with?

I care not if ATS censors this post, at least a few people will see me calling you an ASSHAT before it's taken down.

edit on 1/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
sorry to hear that you have to close your cafe there in spain.... a suggestion for you ... have you considered trying to open a cafe in asia ? with exchange rates being in your favor and asian countries encouraging small business ... it beats being in the west ... if language is a worry try singapore (if you can put up with an american puppet state) or malaysia english widely spoken in both and the people are friendly in both... best of luck to you with whatever you choose.... oh... forget the military .. not worth wasting your life for the corrupt bastards... made that mistake when was young and stupid did four tours in vietnam with s.o.g ... dont make the mistake of joining the military..
edit on 1/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Excuse me, but how can any of you go in to business and expect success when you spell it bussiness? If some of you can't spell, you probably can't manage the books either.

Now to the Op: How can you expect to sell a white elephant business that is running at a loss? Do you think people are stupid?
edit on 1-8-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Ever heard of a typo? I make them all the time.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sorry brother, you sound like one of the few people that enjoyed what they did for a living. Hopefully you find the strength to start again during better times, more stable places. Sucks that it's the hard working Joe that pays the highest price for irresponsible governments.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I will not dupe any one. I am paying my bills. I just don't see a big enough profit margin. You are a little anal. Why would you assume I would trick some one so I can bail?

No. Some one with more investment capital than me can pick up where I left off. I have a great client base with a strong reference in my market. I make the best coffee hands down. My place is sheik, and we are traditionalist with service and our product.

I just can not continue on this wheel. I am a waiter. I didn't open up with like thousands of dollars to spend for a long haul. This is not my country.

Also in favor of my business is that it is in the center of the capital city in my providence. The thru traffic and pedestrian traffic is heavy since all paper work for everything goes to the offices around me. Most major banks are all there too.

So.

No, I don't think people are stupid.

I am not a cheat either. That is just bad business. Did I spell that right?

Here is a star, knock yourself out.lol

edit on 1-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What to say to you?

America is going down the tube too. This is a global issue and it is the bankers, financial, big corporations, are screwing everybody but those "at the top".

My housing value went down while my property taxes went up (a lot).

My job of 16 years (I was 57) was outsourced to India. (My accuracy rate was 98% and every single one of my 16 reviews - 1 per year had "exceeds expectations").

If it were not for my 68 year old husband (who had to have a aorta valve replacement 4-5 years ago) still having a good paying job, I would be homeless.

If you are still young (under 40) and you join the army or armed services, would you shoot me if I resisted FEMA or to be chipped, or to hand over my gun?????

I would consider moving to Canada to the most remote rural community you can find.

It's not fair - no it's not fair what happened to you.............nor to me, nor to tens of millions of other Americans.

America is not the answer, in my opinion, we are ground zero - take my heed, my warning.

How and why all this is happening?????

Go to LA Marzulli and Shatterthedarkness websites...............maintain your moral dignity, your moral fiber.

If you are Christian, go with that - what would Christ do?

I was orphaned at 9, suffered psychological, physical and sexual abuse from 9-20 - yet I would never screw over another person or animal - ever.

Highly suggest you buy three books that describe what and why this is going on.

- The Black Awakening by Russ Disdar
- Politics, Prophecy & The Supernatural and The Cosmic Chess Match by L.A. Marzulli

Humanity is under attack.

Your moral fiber is being tested.

Buy and read these books...............I have no connection and paid full (pricey) amounts of cash for these books but they explain what is going on and who is heading this frap.

Maybe seek out a community of like mind people, *(remote-remote-remote) I would suggest not going into or settling into any urban city or surrounding area.

Keep your children sheltered from the frap that is being blasted out - safeguard them from the populace entertainment if you can..............it will corrupt their minds.

Love to you Grandma Abigail (Stephen King's "The Stand".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Oh God, I have nothing to add other than to pay my respects for your OP. I have a feeling that things will work out for you and your loved ones, so stay in your heart, be in this moment and stay aware, alert and awake to the changes.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I am not so sure that he meant it in the way you and others may take the comment. It was a good read, even a sad and confused one but one we can all relate to. Maybe?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In the New World Order, you're destined to be disappointed, mad and even full of hate if you want to excel in the ownership of material things. High incomes, big houses, fancy vacations, etc.., are becoming virtually impossible to obtain without being well-connected.

New statistics show that American productivity is up 38% over the past 5 years, yet disposable incomes have fallen 12% over that same time. The numbers are similar in almost every modern society. People are working harder than ever and making less than ever. Take a casual look at the faces of those you see on the road in their cars. In the car is where people don't act...their faces reflect their thoughts. I'm on the road all day and I can tell you that here in America, an old fashioned pressure-cooker is in the works. The sad part is that the suicide, murder and crime rate will escalate until the pressure cooker lid blows and we start building all over again. Hopefully this "forced restart" will occur sooner rather than later.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I think Iceland and Germany have strong economies. Go for it. You did it in Spain.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My advice would be to simply increase prices to account for the extra tax. Yes, it will make life harder for your customers, but all businesses will be facing the same dilemma as you. They can either choose to close up shop or they can adjust their prices to allow them to stay in business. Here in Australia we are now facing the largest carbon tax in the world, and it has caused the price of our utility bills to go up. And the Government is like "don't worry, take these small stimulus packages and shut the hell up". And being the docile sheep that we are, we will willingly take that quick fix dose of money because humans are so god damn short sighted all we ever see is the here and now and we fail to see what the future holds.

So... you can either give up or do what needs to be done.
edit on 1/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Imagine the Vietnam era with the Fed scandal or the election fiascos we had. They would get their heads busted up but would not let it become their kids problem. Sadly they are all dead or tired. It is not their problem anymore its ours. We don't care because now it's dumb to be American or British or whatever. Now we are a global nothingness
Yes, into the deep abyss of "global nothingness" sends a chill right through me. Very profound, and simply said. I wish better days and good choices for you and your family Sir!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
First, best post I have read in some time. This is the real consequence of people sitting around debating candidates while actual people suffer. We could be helping each other instead of fighting against each other. Maybe then we would all have more options.

You brought up so many things in your post, how to comment on them all? First, and most obviously, you need to take care of your family. That is where your honor lies (and your honor is not dead, it just needs to be redefined for different times.) Please, please do not join the army. Not a good plan of action with all that is going on. I would tell you to work at Wal-Mart before joining the army. Stay close to your family because they need you and you need them.

How bad is "bad"? Like I said, a lot of info got shared so I apologize if you spelled it out and I missed it. You mentioned "making money" and "investment" and "profit" I believe. Can you survive? Can you serve your customers every day and still feed your family? Can you ask for help anywhere? Maybe bartering for supplies or labor or creative ways of mutual support with others who are also hard up. Sounds like everyone is in the same boat there. (I know they are here) If you ask you may be surprised at people's willingness to do things a "different way." I do this all the time and often find myself overwhelmed with how well it can work.

If you can, try keeping on doing what you are doing forgetting all about "making money." Pay as much as you "have to" and find a damned good tax attorney. I know nothing about taxation in Spain however - maybe coming back to the US for that alone is worth it. (Pay a good tax attorney to help you minimize your taxes! It's what we're best at in the US after all! Just ask Romney!) Focus on making enough to cover your costs as best you can, and to care your family absolutely, but redefine your notion of a "successful business." Success is not measured in dollars and certainly not in "profit". Success is measured in doing something well (which I believe you do), having other people appreciate that you do it well, and your ability to give back in kind. The one thing that will save you is the ability to give to someone else worse off than you in the midst of your own crisis. I do this repeatedly and it keeps my business going. I have no idea how half the time, but it does.

To come back to the US or not: I fear what will happen is you will go through crisis redux. We are headed the same way, so you could relocate, and go through the upheaval that entails, only to find you eventually end up back in the same place - or worse. Come back because of wanting to be closer to family or because you want to build a community here. If you have a community where you are then stay with that community (was unclear from your post what the "community" is like for you. Do you have a network of people you can rely on?)

I could ramble on...(and have) but wanted to give you some words of hope and encouragement and to let you know I am fighting the good fight too and we can win. I have to believe this because there is nothing else to believe in. In the words of my mother "Listen to your heart...the money will find a way." She has never failed me on this point. I have faced what felt like near disaster many times in my life (and again now, just yesterday in fact - I am close to where you are as well my friend) and my mother's words have always proven true.

Never follow the money. Always follow your heart.
edit on 1-8-2012 by otherpotato because: Changed "thread" to read "post" because the post is the good part. Sadly most people are more interested in debating inane things rather than helping a real person save their life.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I am so sad and sorry to hear of your plight...especially as you've worked so damned hard and invested your entire work ethics into this..it sucks and this is probably the tip of the iceberg...I read to day that US is trillions in debt...small comfort but you are not alone and something will happen globally in which everyone will suffer and have to help their fellow men.
Please accept my apologies but can you move on to Turkey or somewhere that might be safer?,,,My heart goes out to you and believe me things are no better here in Canada either...something big is going down...people can't sustain businesses, can't move house, businesses are going under...I don't know what else to say except i will pray hard for you and hope that the people around the world start to rebel against the global poverty and start to rebel against tis catasrophe that is upon us...as long as we look after each other and take these bankers etc to task then theres hope

With much love xxx

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I am not a cheat either. That is just bad business. Did I spell that right?

Here is a star, knock yourself out.lol

Nope, you forgot to put a space between your period and the ' lol ' statement.

edit on 2-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Nope , you forgot to put a space between your period and the ' lol ' statement.

And you added a space after the first comma!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

GOOD GOD MAN!

2nd.
edit on 2-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You should be proud of yourself. You were a man with a dream and you went for it. How many people can say that? I guarantee you're a hero to your wife and kid, how many men can say that? I'm impressed with you OP, not many people actually go for it.

I have a feeling you will find a way, and as trite as it may sound, when one door closes another opens.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I wish i could be optimistic about your business, I would have suggested online ventures, but that route from rags to riches will close some-time next year. All I can suggest is putting as much practical knowledge in your head as you can, especially stuff like practical handyman skills, you might want to try nursing/medical. Learn/start a business doing something that will be in demand if everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

One of three possible outcomes: Economic Collapse, World-War 3- mad max gangs and chaos first then people will have to share to survive.

New World Order, The debt tsunami causes everything to fall apart and they make a reset in value favoring the extreme wealthy, those trillions are going to be used to keep the security forces comfortable, results in a Orwellian state of systemic technologically enforced genocide followed by techno-eugenic feudalism ending in a technological collapse- those who survive must find each other and restart from scratch, or risk extinction of our kind.

Intervention, some hidden force or discovery comes to the rescue, destroys our technology, or ends our free will destiny entirely.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join