It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed Man Shot in Back of Police Car !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I got to page 8 on the other thread on this subject and was redirected here by a mod saying to carry on the discussion on this thread, so here's my twopenneth:

Stanguilles7 ( on the duplicate thread ) posted this:

Jonesboro Police Sergeant Lyle Waterworth told WREG that Carter had been “handcuffed behind his back and double locked, and searched.” At that point, Officer Keith Baggett believed a passing car ran over a piece of metal in the road because he heard “a loud thump with a metallic sound.” Baggett said he then heard “several thumps” after Marsh released the two other suspects. Marsh motioned Baggett over to the patrol car and said the 21-year-old had shot himself. When the officers opened the patrol car door, they found Carter in a “sitting position slumped forward with his head in his lap.” The report indicated that Carter was still handcuffed and a small caliber handgun was sitting beside him.

Possible scenario No 1:

Perhaps Marsh spotted the gun whilst Carter was in the patrol car, hit him in the head with it a few times - perhaps he's angry because he missed it in the first two searches - the "several thumps" maybe Carter's head hitting the window , then the gun goes off accidentally and Marsh drops it on the seat and says he's "shot himself"

Or:

As other people on this and the other thread have said - was the window open and was the shot from inside the car?

Perhaps it was a drive-by shooting to ensure Carter's silence.

Officer Keith Baggett believed a passing car ran over a piece of metal in the road because he heard “a loud thump with a metallic sound.”

Someone in the passing car, shoots through the open window with a silencer, throws a small gun through the car window, which hits the window frame as it's going through, producing the metallic sound.

Baggett said he then heard “several thumps” after Marsh released the two other suspects.

Perhaps the shooter was trying to silence them too.

I know absolutely nothing about cars ( are they called window frames? ) and even less about guns but heyho, I like to look at things from all angles.

Apologies to the deceased's Mother for any lightheartedness, no disrespect meant.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
please add to existing thread : here

<< 1   >>

join