It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed Man Shot in Back of Police Car !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Handcuffed Man Shot in Back of Police Car !

current.com

(Jonesboro, AR) Teresa Carter just doesn’t understand what happened to her son Chavis in the back of a police car. Officers picked him up, said he had drugs on him, and missed a court date on more drugs charges.
“As protocol he was handcuffed behind his back and double locked, and searched”, said Sergeant Lyle Waterworth, Jonesboro Police.
Somehow minutes later police say they heard a thumping noised, turned around and found Chavis dead, shot in the head, in the back of the squad car.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yet another example of police brutality, this time taken to extreme. Can't be more blatant then this.
Can't really imagine how officers involved could get away from this one. I wish long and "happy" jailt-ime in deepest hole penitentiary system has to offer.

Similar story from 2 weeks ago, San Francisco

One the side note, Ive seen this story on of foreign portals,saw this along with CNN sign, went to CNN.com and not a word. Not even in search engine.
Olympics, Iran, Syria, Israel, elections
Games and warmongering.

current.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-8-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
WTH????
Searched, but they missed a gun?
Left handed, but shot himself in the right temple? While handcuffed?
Sorry, having a real hard time buying that one.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess the car footage will tell the truth

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
obviously that man was not a viewer of this informative film.

full link to youtub3

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Not likely...I'm sure they will come out saying that the camera wasn't on or, was experiencing technical problems.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3
obviously that man was not a viewer of this informative film.

Hehe, wish to see that one in real footage
. Better not be Illinois coz author would get busted.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe the psycho cop just intended to taze the young man (for sadistic fun) and grabbed the wrong gun by mistake (familiar refrain ). We need to start a website that publishes all available information possible on these rogue cops. Perhaps the fear of vigilante justice will make them resign and move to a different part of the country.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

At least he wont be charged with the destruction of police property (handgun bullet by his skull). Even if he was guilty of a crime he at least deserves a trial. Who made the police; judge, jury and executioner??? R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am shocked to see a black boy shot in police custody in Mississippi.

Handcuffed and shot himself in the head over what, possible drug charges??
Give me a break. How did police not find a gun on him, and where is the dash cam?

Stay away from the deep south, especially if you aren't white.
Disgusting police.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Who says the bullit came from inside the car?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
WHAT ? SHOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD WHILE HE WAS HANDCUFFED ?

who was this guy ? Houdini ???

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I am shocked to see a black boy shot in police custody in Mississippi.

Handcuffed and shot himself in the head over what, possible drug charges??
Give me a break. How did police not find a gun on him, and where is the dash cam?

Stay away from the deep south, especially if you aren't white.
Disgusting police.

It's not that I disagree with that statement persay, but I will mention that my friends here at the University are always pleasantly surprised at the professionalism and low-stress of an encounter with police in Tallahassee, and Florida/Georgia in general. This is the deep south, but being black and encountering a police officer is much less stressful here than Los Angeles, San Francisco, Detroit, Philly, etc.

To be honest, I'm middle-aged, and white, and I still cringe at every interaction with police. It's like hand-feeding a badger or something. It might go fine, it usually goes fine, but on those rare occasions when it goes bad, it goes really, really bad, sometimes mortally bad.

So, a black kid killed in Mississippi under mysterious circumstances deserves every bit of attention it can get, but at the same time, don't just demonize the deep south, this stuff happens even more often in San Francisco than it does here in the South. One of my friends said it is just standard procedure in his old Cali neighborhood, if you're caught driving while black, to be ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint, lie face down in the road, knee in the back, search your person and your car, background run, and then released on your way with something as minor as a seatbelt ticket.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That gun must have been loaded with magic bullets. You know - the ones from JFK's shooter

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This story is so full of holes.

The man was in custody of the police. They are responsible. Why are the officers not on administrative leave? This man could have gone into a prison system where he would have generated a lot of income for the system. Judges are without cases because of this, it's a shame.

He knew something. He knew them. It is usually someone the victim knows.

A thumping noise from a bullet? Bullets don't make thumping noises. What type of bullet was it? Was the door or window open or closed? Was the vehicle in front of a building? The man could have been hit by a sniper from outside.

In these stories, you usually get a mugshot of a criminal, right? What if they started putting pictures of everybody in the story, including the officers?

Every time I hear a story like this, regardless of the location, I think it's another cop/drug plantation. The officers release potheads from jail to work off their debt in drug trafficking operations. But that conspiracy is for another forum.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im more interested in media silence about it, and it happened 2 days ago.

Too obvious and blatant to make a circus out of it? Sure they wouldnt pass another freak show ala Zimmerman/Trayvon to boost their ratings.

Personally I think it wasnt some accident, they knew him, he owed them (drug money, bribe,favor) and angered them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A long time ago we fought a revolutionary war with oppressors such as these. I am ashamed that we just sit back and allow it to happen now. Turn off NFL football and Dancing With The Stars and stand up to the oppressors....before it is too late.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
A long time ago we fought a revolutionary war with oppressors such as these. I am ashamed that we just sit back and allow it to happen now. Turn off NFL football and Dancing With The Stars and stand up to the oppressors....before it is too late.

I'm pretty sure my neighbors wouldn't lift a finger if I were hauled away, right or wrong. I don't think anyone would notice.

See, that's why I don't like getting in police cars. Looks like we're getting close to mobile death vans.
edit on 1-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

well now, who would've thought it?

apparently the policy on recruting police from the lowest tiers of the IQ scale

has actually been of benefit to the people.

because you've got to be REALLY STUPID

to believe that anybody would be fooled by such a moronic
story like that, i mean really :shk:

quite instructive re the system how the local authorities seem to "believe"
this truckload of BS from their paid thugs

turn the situation around a bit making the cops civilians instead telling this tale
they'd get tazed for it before being hauled off

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
apparently the policy on recruting police from the lowest tiers of the IQ scale

This one is actually true. If you score too high on intelligence tests, youll be rejected as a candidate for LEO. Really

top topics

<<   2 >>

join