It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: US Invoked 'State Secrets' to Hide 9/11 Intelligence Failings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ahh look at that... They had a chance to monitor every single telephone call and data transmission in and out of Afghanistan but they couldn't decide who will be in charge.. And finally agreed on September 8, 2001. But that was too late to prevent the attacks of 9/11 of course. If only they could have played nice with each other everything would have been just fine.

But what pisses me off even more is that they use national security as a get out of jail free card every time they screw up. But we should not worry about that because it's for our own good to trust the government with keeping us safe. So what if the same people who screwed up and covered up their screw up never face any consequences.....
-- It's for our own good, right?

"The US intelligence agencies feared the consequences if the truth about their in-fighting emerged and they were determined to stop that truth from emerging," Davis said.

Operation Foxden

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

They claim it was infighting.I never believed it,look at all the warnings they had leading up to 9/11.Negligence can only be used as an excuse for so long.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sorry, but I don't believe in the negligence hypothesis. This is a global organization, the most powerful military and spy organization the Human race has ever seen, espionage upon espionage, and they "missed" the biggest single terrorist attack on American soil ever conceived, and it was conceived by a man created by the US, and he did it all from a cave?

It's utter BS!

People on the inside knew EXACTLY what was happening, and when I hear people suggesting that no one in the biggest military and intelligence agencies on the planet knew about it, it makes me angry.

This wasn't incompetence or simply failing, someone knew about it, probably more than a few knew about it, and they helped. There is a group of Americans who ALLOWED this to happen, or were directly involved in its planning and execution.

I do not believe for one instant that this was just an "oopsie". It's sickening that Americans have allowed this charade to continue for so long and have simply accepted that their government just messed up a little. They didn't, this was as much a domestic terrorist attack is it was an externally planned one, and in my opinion anyone who doesn't think that is either ridiculously naive or needs psychiatric care.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I dont think its JUST being naive, stupid or unwell that keeps people from questioning the OS, I think its fear too--people are too scared to admit that elements in their government are total psychopaths that see civilian lives as expendable.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by maxella1

They claim it was infighting.I never believed it,look at all the warnings they had leading up to 9/11.Negligence can only be used as an excuse for so long.

Exactly.

At some point, we have to examine the character and history of the government running our country. Until 9/11, they more-or-less kept the "wet work" confined to foreign victims in foreign nations. But it's pretty much documented that their standard-operating-procedure was (and is) overthrowing governments, murdering civilians, stealing resources and smuggling contraband (nuclear, narcotics, weapons, etc).

Truth is: This government has been slowly squeezing our domestic liberties and safety for some time -- Waco, Rudy Ridge, the 1993 WTC bombing, the Oklahoma City bombing. On 9/11 they went "all in". Make no mistake -- this was domestic terrorism by our domestic "government". If we ignore this criminal agenda, they will literally enslave and bury us.

edit on 9-9-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Lol, please. 9/11 wasnt a failure in the eyes of the government. They tried to blow up the towers and attack The pentagon and they succeeded. Lol, government failings, how ridiculas.

People need to wake the hell up! Pretending to be incompetent equits you of being a murderer in the eyes of the public, blowing up the towers on purpose makes you a murderer. This is why this story has been leaked.

They are trying to muddy the waters by claiming incomptence because we are approaching the 9/11 memorial day.

People need to go a level deeper not just scratch the surface IMHO.

9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

People need to wake the hell up! Pretending to be incompetent equits you of being a murderer in the eyes of the public, blowing up the towers on purpose makes you a murderer. This is why this story has been leaked.

The thing is that even if it was only incompetence it still is no excuse.. Incompetent people get fired and if this incompetence cause somebody their life it goes through the legal system as well. But none of that happened in the case of 9/11. Now why is that?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So how long did people work on this conspiracy to have papers locked away.
Well with all the conspiracies the vaults must be overflowing.

As a result of all the conspiracies we get nonsense generated every day as
deflective operations.

top topics

join