It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Cat Says the Darndest Things Writing Contest [APWC][WINNERS announced]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's noodle soup.

When the lion server asked what she wanted, the natural instinct of a zebra to run manifested itself in the instant order of a Rum Runner, (which is a delicious drink, btw).

I love noodles...

Nine cats.

Three were digging holes, three were filling them up while the other three were searching for new territory.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ha ha gold.

These are worthy of a thread of their own. While Druid works this one out I'll get the first round of Rum Runners

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Nine cats. Three were digging holes, three were filling them up while the other three were searching for new territory.

More noodle soup? Or an attempt to drive me insane?

I sense the latter. It's common knowledge that cats don't dig holes, they only daintily scratch at the surface to hide their "business".

Now, if it were nine dogs, well, I may bite on that one.......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

What, you never seen a cat take a dump in a nicely tilled flower bed?

I'm shocked.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This one was really hard for me. I don't know why.

But here you go...my attempt.

You Never Asked

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Three Men.

One man's trash another man's treasure, third man "cleans up"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Speaking as white rabbit, I may enjoy this one.

Same goes for Purple Chitenz!!!

I gave it a half-hearted, silly attempt... been telling this story since the chiten was "born" about 5 years or so ago LOL

Mah life storiez

edit on 7-8-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Not that I think anyone's doing anything they shouldn't... but, if someone wanted to try to win in this contest, wouldn't it be better to add further chapters onto the original story rather than starting a new thread?

Keeping all the flags in one basket, so to speak.

ETA... I'm more than willing to do some fancy editing if anyone wants.

edit on 8/8/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Something like this, aye?

The abstract anthropomorphic alliteration about animals.

I've a whole alphabet to work through now, clever enough for me, and subsequent chapters can be added right in.

(Notice there are no cats digging holes in my freshly tilled flowerbed! Shoo, cat, shoo!
)

Seriously though, are you advocating a new idea?

I can see it working out conveniently, especially since many members make multiple entries. (ARRGH!
Trying to get out of alliteration mode!
)

It would be much simpler to have each member make one thread each month, and place all their stories in it, for that month. However, that removes the "interjection time advantage" per individual story injection into the ATS system, and that may result in an overall flag loss. People don't like to dig for new stories, (except me, perhaps) and individual flags per story usually result from that factor. However, however......and however.

It SEEMS like a good idea. Members would have to adjust to the new format, namely, making one thread per month in the SS forum, entitled with their username, and the monthly [intials here format]. The one thread WOULD get flags, but people would also have to star individual stories. Then, it would seem that the thread with the most flags would win first, second and third determined accordingly, but the stars per story would determine which story actually won. Adaptation would be the key factor here.

Just tossing out ideas.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

perhaps i missed it,

Can anyone have a go at this comp masqua?

Muzz

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

Of course.

Looking forward to your story.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Actually, Anderson, I was thinking of putting all the ants in one bowl rather than 2, or even 3.

But only ants, mind you. Eggplant has many uses and Ellis would quite naturally agree that it might be beneficial in a myriad of dishes. Of course, Ellis would eat them all.

Insofar as a single meal goes, like the ants, it is best eaten from a single favourite bowl, adding to the pleasure of reading without searching for errant ants. On the other hand, just about any vegetable growing in the garden is cherished as a seperate nosh and the variety of what may grow in such rich soil boggles my butterfly mind.

Oh, look... Betty is digging in the potato patch!

*flutters off*

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
eeek, Here's mine

Its not warm and fluffy
Kinda made myself gag writing it.

The Fembot Rebellion
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-8-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

As a beautiful butterfly, that answer was ever elusive. I think I have netted the nubbin of it.

How fancy can you get with editing?

Being adventurous and daring, I'm willing to be a guinea pig (named Gunther of course!), and since I only have two entries so far, I'll create a new single thread for those and the rest of this month's stories that I'll be writing.

It's an interesting idea, and I intend to infer future feasibility by the end of the month.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay, it's done:

My Short Story Collection for the [APWC].

Further entries for this month's contest will be posted there, with links to individual stories posted here, as they are created.

Now, lil butterfly, time to work your magic!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
um, ok so, my story is up for the comp Here.

Australian Terror Attack Live(APWC)

i know its probably nothing compared to the others and that's ok,
I'm a noob so its more of a learning curve for me

The story is meant to be taken as light humor.

Thanks guys.

Muzz

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here's my entry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
The Lost Soul

Here is my first ever short story. Hope It's good enough.

Very well done.

I was inspired to write something, because of your great story !

Enjoy.....

"May I leave?"[APWC]

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Watch for the announcement of the winners on Saturday, September 1st.

To give the membership a couple of days lead time before the next contest starts the next topic will be regarding the 13th year following September 11, 2001, so writers will be asked to project their thoughts to a time 2 years into the future and consider what the world will be like. Put on your thinking caps and try to imagine the potential outcome of all the sabre-rattling about Iran, Syria and Egypt among others (re: the Arab Spring). What will be the result of the current economic crisis in Europe. What could be the global impact of another couple of drought years?

I'm sure you could imagine dozens of other scenarios which could severely change our situation on a planetary scale.

So... think September, 2014, writers. The contest will be announced on this coming Saturday and open to all forms of writing styles as usual.
edit on 29/8/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/8/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ah, I'll have to polish up my scrying mirror for this one, and see what it says. Very interesting topic, indeed.

Hmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join