It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New TV channel run exclusively by fully veiled women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by hp1229

Just because we are "that" much ahead of Islam isn't really that impressive. They will havetheir day of change and revolution eventually.
Agree. This is not a hate thread against women in hijab. I am only wondering if the entire TV station is a propoganda message by Egyptian Leaders (Muslim Brotherhood). Lets see if we can focus on the MB and their religious and political ideology here

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What? Females are only mutilated in Muslim Countries?

Sources should probably be looked at before making such statements.

Source checked and confirmed. 95% of these countries are predominently Muslim. If you dispute that, id love you to list those that are not. Thank you for proving my point.

Thousands. They don't hide them in their homes like the media would like you to believe.

The only women you will see are being accompanied by their husbands. You must have spent a hell of a long time there to see thousands. I call bull on this one.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by nightbringr

Show me a liberal Muslim Country. I've never seen one.

Gobble...Gobble...Turkey

Thanks for that reply to Tothetentpower for me. I didnt make that statement, he/she did.

And if you follow further down, i listed Turkey as one, but they are not as secular as they were 3 years ago when the great military purge occured and Edogan solidified his power.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hijab doesn't kill people, people kill people.

Sounds like a familiar argument doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Show me a liberal Muslim Country. I've never seen one.

Gobble...Gobble...Turkey

Thanks for that reply to Tothetentpower for me. I didnt make that statement, he/she did.

And if you follow further down, i listed Turkey as one, but they are not as secular as they were 3 years ago when the great military purge occured and Edogan solidified his power.
Well nevertheless, they cannot change the tide completely around as they have come a long way since then both politically and religiously. I have been to turkey and its a beautiful place and the only place where you can visit the asian and european side of Istanbul
Culturally.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You all make great points and I cannot contest most of them.

Perhaps my understanding of their culture is a bit deeper, even if I disagree with most of it. I also don't believe in meddling in other countrie's affairs unless provoked..

Perhaps that's why my "Leave Muslims the hell alone" attitude persists.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Perhaps my understanding of their culture is a bit deeper, even if I disagree with most of it. I also don't believe in meddling in other countrie's affairs unless provoked..Perhaps that's why my "Leave Muslims the hell alone" attitude persists.
I agree. Likewise I'm sure there are discussions on Islamic/Muslim forums discussing western attitudes and/or cultures
Its a matter of learning from every culture. Nothing's wrong in discussing. We are not meddling in any way from ATS perspective. Once it becomes a Human Rights issue, then I would agree that its possibly meddling.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Opinions?

Savage and barbaric. Forcing women to wear veils because the men are so insecure is pretty indicative of the culture. My time spend vacationing in Eqypt and Morroco were quite eye opening, as my wife was openly molested in the streets and i barely avoided a physical confrontation defending her.

I distinctly remember all the various hands that groped me on the Via Veneto in Rome. Hmm, had I been dressed like a nun would it have stopped them, I wonder?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I thought it was good for the women in the ME but also thought it was hilarious upto certain extent.

I take issue that this is “good for” women, because forcing women to cover up is an affront. It’s not “hilarious” either because all this does is further trample on women’s rights which probably does not even register with the people who run these TV networks because they will be men.

Regards

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
They are 'forced' to dress in that manner simply because there is no realistic alternative in that culture.
It's their choice, but it seems very cultlike especially on such a mass scale.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You all make great points and I cannot contest most of them.

Perhaps my understanding of their culture is a bit deeper, even if I disagree with most of it. I also don't believe in meddling in other countrie's affairs unless provoked..

Perhaps that's why my "Leave Muslims the hell alone" attitude persists.

Just for the record, I certainly didn't suggest that anyone "messes" with them, and I doubt many of the posters did either. It's just I think it's OK to have an opinion about something, even when it's deeply unfavorable.

I have nothing against Arabs, I traveled to North Africa twice, they are approachable and nice people for the most part.

But certain aspects of that culture aren't OK by my standards.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

I thought it was good for the women in the ME but also thought it was hilarious upto certain extent.

I take issue that this is “good for” women, because forcing women to cover up is an affront. It’s not “hilarious” either because all this does is further trample on women’s rights which probably does not even register with the people who run these TV networks because they will be men.
Regards
My apologies. When I indicated that it is 'good' for women in ME, I meant to imply that in a country like Egypt led by Muslim Brotherhood (Sharia Law advocates), it was a good thing for women to have some sort of representation even if they had to wear the hijab. Its hilarious because everyone is covered in hijab so how would the viewers know who is who?
Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Opinions?

Savage and barbaric. Forcing women to wear veils because the men are so insecure is pretty indicative of the culture. My time spend vacationing in Eqypt and Morroco were quite eye opening, as my wife was openly molested in the streets and i barely avoided a physical confrontation defending her.

Some of the women WANT to wear veils and head coverings. We have religious sects in the United States where women are veiling and wearing head coverings. Some of them are very conservative Christian women too.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Opinions?

I distinctly remember all the various hands that groped me on the Via Veneto in Rome. Hmm, had I been dressed like a nun would it have stopped them, I wonder?

When I travel, I dress modestly. I wear long flowy skirts with tunics. I had a dear friend that traveled in Egypt years ago warn me to dress modestly and be respectful of the culture.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He blames Christianity for what he calls societies loose morals,

Not the coverings that bother me but why does he have to be anti christian?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They will havetheir day of change and revolution eventually.

Which is odd, many middle-easterners are educated in the west, like it or not we do live in a global community and they are not isolated from the rest of the world,
Instead a moving forward what is see is a move backward, and this is indeed about control, and fear, and subjugation and oppression of women.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
this is indeed about control
It is about control as much as neck-ties are about control.

Bottom line is if you don't like them don't wear them the rest is
NOT your business.
Video: Rhode Island Cop Still Employed Despite Conviction of Kicking Woman to Head
Why would anyone wig out about females having
their own TV-news program ? all while ignoring women being beaten in
their own back-yard ? That just is a head shaker and more than hypocritical.

women cannot . . . go out in public with strangers, and so on.
Do you defend these behaviors?

And who are you to demand otherwise the Queen of england ?
Video Shows Police Beating Pregnant Woman

edit on 2/8/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

As opposed to our culture where women have to wear nothing to get male attention right?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Opinions?

I am sure Hillary Clinton wouldn't miss this TV show after all this is what she wanted for Egypt and wants for Sryia.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Think about it this way, Night..

Just as that pic with the gal in the two piece..

There are people, here in the US even that are not muslim that do not agree with how women in this country tend to dress. To be honest, I find that alot of women today dress sleezy and if they were raped because of some sex lust guy who couldnt handle seeing one more buttcheak...

Have you seen how kids... KIDS dress today? Teens? I mean, UNDER 21 and still dressing as slutty as a stripper about to walk into work.

I dont agree with our dress code in the US as of late. It's way too "There in your face" wether you like it or not, you cant do or say anything about it. So ... In a way...

You're FORCING people to observe what you wear. So it's no diffrent in many ways to those people wearing their kind of dress.

Besides.. Why would it concern you?

Look at this...

So many people in this country complain about our troops, our grubby lil hands being all up in the middle east... Yet, we, the same people who bicker about being their all up in their biz are going to say and have an opinion on what these people should and shouldnt wear? ...even further... There are MANY cultures here in the US that wear odd clothing that doesnt match everyone else. It's not totaly covering their body, but you know, my own heratige covered their heads with bonetts (women) all the say.. It was for a purpose, and it also was for the culture. It held a real purpose and a culture one. Today, "some" children are still dressed in this same manner around some of the older. I so much rather see these children in attire that wont have a pedophile licking his/her lips vs the stuff mother AND children wear that Most of the time, I certainly would not want to be the one leared and taunted at... or have peoples stares follow me around the mall because I cant dress decent enough, or that I'm so out of touch that I wear this stuff so people can make fun of me. ..or that my child or wife is so underdressed that the people looking at her cant help but to have imaginative sex with my family right there on the spot. Sure, it's cool if you dont know about it.. But if you're that obvious.. You cant be that damn stupid...

This stuff HAS to cross your mind if your family does this... or you simply dont have the gonads to step up and be a man about it and say what you feel.. Or you're totaly ok with it ...and what goes around... Usually comes around.

Leave tradition alone unless you're part of that tradition. Some people may hold onto something we consider appauling. Think... Those people think the same. hell, some of our own people in this country think this way.... and obviously, much dont give a damn how they look... the more skin the better.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join