It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Cracks Wise, lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Vladimir Putin, in what has got to be the witticism of the century, at least as far as foreign policy statements go, says that the US should stay in Afghanistan and see their mission through.

www.reuters.com...

"It is regrettable that many participants in this operation are thinking about how to pull out of there," Putin said at a meeting with paratroopers in the Russian city of Ulyanovsk. "They took up this burden and should carry it to the end."

Words fail me.

edit on 1-8-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Russia would love to see US forces tangled up in Afghanistan - it's perfect for them. It's a war that cannot be won (The Russians know this well) and inflicts a heavy price on anyone that tries it. It diverts attention away from Russia (and China) so they can focus on their own foreign policy agendas. This is why Syria is no line in the sand for Russia and why Obama is in no rush to escalate things there. The US has realised it needs to extract itself from the middle east and rely on strong Arab allies - so it can focus on Russia (and China) once more.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
on a political outlook

Have your potential political threats spend massive amounts of money and then you will become richer then the threats. AFTERWARDS the GLOBAL game is yours. Politics I wonder if they ever were for PEOPLE REALLY or bussiness, smh.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

What this guy said

If I were Putin I'd say the same, but coming from me, I'd with draw, for the sake of the troops and inicent Afghans.

The. West sure have made a huge mess of the middle east

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
it is a joke to call this a war ? only a few thousand dead over a ten year period when some sides used to cull 60,000 in a day of trench warfare .you only have to look into the eyes of a local to see the pain that war has caused them nothing but war in 100 plus years . I can remember seeing pictures of villages being mustard gassed in 1916 or so in afganistan .i for one hope that karma turns around & bites us very hard in the ass one day soon for all the evil we have unleashed on the world

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Like stirring up a reheated pot of refried beans, it was always a mess.

All the U.S. tried to do what instill a little order with peace pepper!

top topics

join