It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple uses alien technology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have often wondered how Steve jobs seemed to have a way of creating things with such success that it was scary. Almost bordering crazy scary. The I pad, the Apple notebook laptop, the Apple I tunes player, their tablet technology, their crazy hot selling I phone line and not to mention their earliest commercial and consumer successes with the Apple II and Macintosh line of home computers. I came across this article recently and thought that its either a great hoax, it has maybe a touch of truth or it's some form of (in my mind at least) a crazy revelation. I have mixed opinions on this and look at it lightheartedly myself. I wanted to post this to get a genuine consensus on what people on ATS think. If it's a hoax (and it very well could be) it's an entertaining one at least.

nexusilluminati.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Its definitely a glamorous idea, but I think more likely is that Steve Jobs had a great eye for marketing and understood what the masses were interested in... In saying that, I like this theory and I'm going to investigate further. Apple tech has always seemed slightly otherworldly to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fierita

I think so, too. Just really good design. No tech inside those machines which would have been unusal for the times. A good story, nevertheless..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It wasnt Steve Jobs who designed the ipod...it was a guy from the UK (Chingford London)...hence the i.

The i stands for Ives, as in the designer,

Jonathon Ives.
Senior Vice President of Industrial Design at Apple Computer
edit on 1-8-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Thank you, I really didn't know that. I just wanted to use a generic term that would be recognized by anyone reading the thread in relation to the topic.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I wouldn't be surprised if some aspects of the Apple devices were reverse alien tech.

Here are a bunch of great articles on reverse alien tech for those so inclined to pursue this further:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Thank you, I really didn't know that. I just wanted to use a generic term that would be recognized by anyone reading the thread in relation to the topic.

I only know because it was in my local paper, he got an OBE i think

You have to remember, there are hundreds of people contributing to ideas at Apple, much like any other large company like theirs.

I dont believe aliens helped design the technology. All you have to do is look at the old Star Treks and sci fi programs from the 50s-60s-70s-80s, they all have the technology we see today in them. Touch screens, mobile devices etc.

People have seen that they could be useful and have worked on producing these products.

I dont see whats so alien about touch screen technology??

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I find this questionable because he goes on to say he retired in 1992 and now has a terminal illness. I would think that information would be an easy key for the government to check the retirement records of Apple employees and than narrowing it down to who has a terminal illness. If he was really trying to remain anonymous, he wouldn't of given out those two facts. I would think if you were concerned about your life and family, and wanted to stay anonymous, you wouldn't want to release any personal information that could be traced to your identity.

Interesting story, but I would question it's validity.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sheep are sheep

look at any other craze

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I have often wondered how Steve jobs seemed to have a way of creating things with such success that it was scary. Almost bordering crazy scary. The I pad, the Apple notebook laptop, the Apple I tunes player, their tablet technology, their crazy hot selling I phone line and not to mention their earliest commercial and consumer successes with the Apple II and Macintosh line of home computers. I came across this article recently and thought that its either a great hoax, it has maybe a touch of truth or it's some form of (in my mind at least) a crazy revelation. I have mixed opinions on this and look at it lightheartedly myself. I wanted to post this to get a genuine consensus on what people on ATS think. If it's a hoax (and it very well could be) it's an entertaining one at least.

This is such BS..i don't even know where to start.

Here is an EASY explanation:

Apple is GREAT at marketing (probably the best there is at PR, their marketing department is just brilliant). They manage it to market their products to the MANY people on this planet who are naive, gullible etc...it's called MARKETING.

Emotions and such play a huge role.

Typical example, to create the image that "Apple is cool and Microsoft is for uncool nerds".

The rest is that their products are actually good (i personally dont own any Apple products)...for example, compare iPad and their OS to the horrible, horrible Windows 8 tablet which looks like it is made for retarded people.

Combine genius marketing, good design and rather "good" products - you do not need ALIENS to market stuff and pull money from people's wallets.
edit on 1-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
neat article!!!

i think the photo of the alien 'cell phone' left on the moon is fake!

but,since i was around 12-14 years old i noticed the leaps and bounds technology has grown by.
gee,when i was around 10, i was amazed by the first digital clock my parents got!!! i use to sit there and watch it
just to see the number change!!! that was the late 1970's.
into the mid '80's i started thinking that maybe the roswell crash did happen,and the govt. was starting to use the technology they got from that and put it into 'public use'.
now in 2012,the advancement of technology is truly of 'alien' origin!
man,remember the first microwave ovens? the were the size of a small car,and weighed about the same!!!
the first cell phones were just ridiculous!!! now there so small you can barely type in a phone number!
i'm 45 now,and even in the last 20 years technology has increased 1000 fold more than it has in the last 100 years!
if this isn't 'stolen' alien technology, i don't know what is!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Interesting theory, OP.

However, the story in the link you provided is a hoax, as there was no Apollo 20, for starters.

Steve Jobs was an innovator. His products are nothing more than technology that takes a creative mind to make. There is nothing really special about the iphone, as there were smart phones that preceded it, which used a stylus instead of the finger. The iPad is nothing more than a large iPhone without the "phone" feature. The iPod is nothing more than a Sony Walkman with digital technology.

I don't see anything elaborate or inexplainable in any of Apple's products. Yes, they are revolutionary, but Extraterrestrial? No.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I definitely understand what you are saying. They are geniuses at marketing and always have been. I will say that when I had my old Apple Macintosh Quaddra 700 it was a superior machine in my opinion to all other PC competition in terms of speed, data storage and program compatibility. My friends loved that old computer back in the day. I do not disbelieve or believe the article I found. Just thought it was interesting. In the scheme of things, you just don't know. Sometimes truth can be stranger than fiction. If this is somehow true in any way, its a perfect example of that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah nah,

I seem to believe Intel release a new chip every 90 days or so, basically just ramping up clock speeds and all that jazz and re package it. The tablet pc has been around for a while, portal music players the same
The reason why all the sheeple buy it and why it's such a success is marketing - brainwashing manipulative marketing. It's gotten to the point if you don't have an apple product you are almost outcast. Anyone remember the south park episode about the ipad. They constantly are reinventing the must have new toy, and most stupid people fall for it. I have a HTC HD2 which I have windows 7 running on it, and I can dual boot that to android If I really want too, I can put Linux on it, actually for a phone that is 4 years old, its bigger and better then the iphone 4 .. just. I have a iphone 4 for work and it's my glorified music player only. Ipads are a POS couldn't even play flash on it remember. 2 is bit better, but if you go look at what is being released out of china they absolutely tear the specs apple release to shreds, but of course the clever marketing makes you all want it.
Apple improved on existing ideas and made things seem foreign simple enough for mom and dad to use - hence popularity.

As a pc tech with my own company I can tell you mac or apple are nowhere to be seen in the back end infrastructure. They are toys and should be treated as such, unless you are working with media etc them Intel macs are pretty awesome at that
Plus micro electric engineering has come in leaps and bounds - nothing alien here.

But I digress, the fact that apple uses its own encryption and you can't drag and drop music into it and treat it like a usb device is pretty alien

edit on 1-8-2012 by mysteryonlydeepens because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by mysteryonlydeepens because: stuff needed to change

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

the first cell phones were just ridiculous!!! now there so small you can barely type in a phone number! i'm 45 now,and even in the last 20 years technology has increased 1000 fold more than it has in the last 100 years! if this isn't 'stolen' alien technology, i don't know what is!!!

My HTC desire HD is big...not small. But i kinda see what you are saying lol

The technology has evolved. Once one thing is discovered, other things can be achieved from it or off the back of it. We are ingenious enough, there is no need for aliens to help us lol.

Nothing to do with aliens

Think about it this way....when the wheel was invented it served probably a purpose or two. Nowadays wheels are used in thousands of things. This is because we are constantly thinking of new applications to existing technology.

Ideas evolve, and become reality once the relevant pieces are in place...technology, and necessity.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's marketing.
Apple hasn't even had the best products most of the time.
Just the ones people want.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I have to say that I am not so sure that Apollo XX did not happen. I dug up resources (before I joined ATS) that seem to contradict the position that it never took place. Perhaps that will be my next post. I really have no stance on the validity or non-validity of the post itself. It's an interesting read in my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Steve Job did use others peoples ideas, but it wasn't Aliens:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nicked off a British inventor.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join