It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Weird Anomalies!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Truly an advanced species that lived there!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yes and i put that link there not for the crappy blurred pics but for the info on the size of the structures so if you are being sarcastic then i really don't care to be honest they are all *hit pics and that's the truth.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
For the sake of argument, if nasa knows of all these anomalies on Mars but turn a deaf ear to all who cry for the truth, should be banned from space !!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

WOW!!!!! Great image,, Two Thumbs Waaay UP :-)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

My God now this is funny can anyone else see the snake with 2 eyes it's quite big above the quarry how strange is that it really does resemble a snake even has a mouth too LOL.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theitalian
Most impressive for me:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 2-8-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

I swear I saw something exactly like that in another pick, I showed it to RA who told me it was a funny looking rock, but it was shaped like a humanoid and looked about 8 ft tall, was black and completey different from all the other reddish rocks around it.

RA didn't convince me, I'm off to go find that pick! Lol

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I can't help but think about these images as looking similar to remains of homes, building and infrastructure that have been damaged or destroyed by floods and earthquakes. Then age those images by many thousands of years of weathering and geo shifting. I am (nearly) convinced there was a civilized presence on Mars a VERY long time ago, but the truth of its demise is being kept from us by NASA and the Bilderburg Elitists for fear of disrupting our fragile society.
I have read "Dark Mission: The secret history of NASA" , by R Hoagland and these photos only reinforce everything he postulates.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
great pics!!!....first off,i do not believe that the eyes sees what they "want" to see,....(but i also believe that some people CANNOT see what is right in front of them),....if people could see what they WANT to see,-then i would like my eyes to see a million dollars,on my coffee table.....lol...seriously,i have seen these kinds of pics before.,(but not quite as close up.),and it is great to have all of these pics, that are irrefutable evidence,(at least to me),that at one time there WAS life on other planets...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlsmith
well i wouldnt know but isnt there a phrase for that `parelia` or something where your eye sees what it wants?

Or it could be that thing called "common sence" where your eyes see what is right in front of your stupid face.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Good stuff here. Thanks for posting OP.

As a pure coincidence, I'm about 3/4 of the way through "Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA". If you are interested in this thread, I'd recommend the read as an accompaniment to this discussion. Many of the structures of Mars and the perceived cover-up are discussed there-in.

I'd say a good 30% - 40% is a little too "tin-foil-hat" for me, but none the less, there is a very good discussion regarding the theory of Mars' past.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow, all I can think of is Protheans (from Mass Effect). This reminds me of that. In fact that game series used Mars as the place where they discovered the technology to travel through space. But you know, if they had space technology I don't think they would have so ancient and primitive looking ruins left behind. If they were advance enough to leave Mars I think we'd be looking at a different landscape and contact would been made long ago. If there was life on Mars it's long gone now and looks like it got wiped out pretty early on.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It would be nice to know the coordinates for some of those images so we could check them out on Google Mars. Even though they would probably be brushed out or covered with a blank, black box. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cathy57
great pics!!!....first off,i do not believe that the eyes sees what they "want" to see,....

Want may be an inaccurate term, but we're adept at seeing patterns. In fact, we're especially adept at noticing faces or shapes we recognise. It's one of the theories about why our species has been so successful.

If we didn't see animals shapes and jesus in tree barks and tacos, we might also not notice part of the shape of a predator in the trees. If our eyes always waited for 100% confirmation of our surroundings back in the day we may have been eaten.

The large issue with Mars is human eyes often recognise patterns they've experienced and seen before. Rocks can be infinite numbers of patterns, shapes and colors (within reason) ergo we see all kinds of things in Mars photography. When an alternate angle of a site is shown people might exclaim photoshop etc ... ergo an answer to this is never reached.

What we do know is human eyes are really good at this kind of trick, and I suspect in most cases this is what's going on. If a civilization was on Mars it must be buried pretty deep when you compare it to ruins of Earth civilizations which have been easy to spot in the past either that or the Mars people rarely built anything of significant note apart from large faces and the odd straight line? That's how it seems to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Mmmmmmmmm...................I know that people's eyes see what they want to see, but the photo of the dome and the long wall that leads to the object that looks similar to a skull is very interesting.........would be great to get a much closer and sharper image to see what it really is.............but interesting....cheers

That one and the one or two before it..can't remember which one....but it clearly shows a bridge over a canyon......

and it doesn't look like a natural ledge has it seems to have supports similar to our bridges....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Mmmmmmmmm...................I know that people's eyes see what they want to see, but the photo of the dome and the long wall that leads to the object that looks similar to a skull is very interesting.........would be great to get a much closer and sharper image to see what it really is.............but interesting....cheers

That one and the one or two before it..can't remember which one....but it clearly shows a bridge over a canyon......

and it doesn't look like a natural ledge has it seems to have supports similar to our bridges....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh yeah..........nothing to see here kids!

And now back to your regularly scheduled program: 'Dancing with the Stars' brought to you by .........Pfizer pharmaceuticals.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Very good thread.Some of those photos were new to me.While I agree that life existing in the past on Mars is just an unproven theory,I can't help but notice in these photos a number of straight lines and 90' angles.These are things which do not happen in nature.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Fun stuff, but, likely all of it's Pareidolia

Pareidolia - wiki

Basically; seeing what you want to see.

Oh wow, another Phagette!

Is everything an ink-blot test?

This:

is most likely NOT a psychological phenomenon as much as that doesn't fit into peoples small minded/small box paradigm.

Sometimes a thread is down right awe-striking and this is one of them.
Sorry to see some can't handle that for their egos impede their reasoning. An ego reduction is in order

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You, your group, wish to set the rules for evidence as you see fit and are hammered into a corner by your own inflexibility and refusals to admit to the realities of public forum. That reality is that you are only as good as your credibility as perceived by the Members participating (and lurking about) the thread.

It is clear as a bright Summer's Day that those who oppose your inflexibilities do so mainly because they, and I, disagree with your premises for evidences. That is not going to change and in my humble opinion is accelerating quickly downward on a steeply declining slope.

I am not suggesting that you discontinue posting, why should I, you and your others are going to doggedly pursue your untenable positions further eroding what little respect you have left and "win the day" in your own minds.

Keep in mind, as this thread digresses, that, in the end, the only trophy claimed will have been one that will not include the conversion of one, single person to your side. In effect, you will have gained no ground, lost substantial footing, and then where will you be?

It is far better to have sough the credibility of Members, gained it, than to have dug yourself a useless hole tooled by self-derision from which you will find it impossible to extricate yourself.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

On ATS, I've seen MANY cases of Pareidolia . In fact I've really gotten sick of it over the years.

But these images are far from that. There's a lot of symmetry and angles in these photos that nature just isn't good at doing by itself, in isolated areas, with nothing similar around it.

In my mind there is definitely somethings of note on that planet and I hope one day someone has the stones to let us know.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join