It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Weird Anomalies!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
Can't wait to see the skeptics choke on their own puke when they finally prove the methane in Mars is being made by microbial life..either past or present! LOL there's no way else to produce it on Mars with no Volcano's. I got my bag of popcorn ready to throw it on those floundering neckbeards LOL!

Plumes of methane have been identified on Mars in 2008 (See image below this post). On Earth, methane is mostly biological in origin; on Mars, it could signal microbes living deep underground. However as with other circumstantial evidences, the proof is not conclusive. The methane could also come from chemical reactions in which buried volcanic rocks rich in the mineral olivine interact with water. But hey, what do I know?

Universe Review

edit on 11-8-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by korange
reply to post by ColonelSF

Looks like a dam to me.
Wish i knew the elevations and surrounding area.
Lakes Etc.

Oh man that just takes the biscuit!

If you do find any lakes up there you won't forget to mention it to NASA will you?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Some info about Mars....External Link
I suspected some years ago that the enormous canyon and volcano was the result of a meteorite impact.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
NASA has cameras that are powerful enough to read a newspaper on a parking lot from 200 miles up and they can't get better pictures than that?
Nature does not make multiple right angle structures repeatedly all over the place.

Hmmmm. Really??

quasicrystal

pyrite

halite

snowflake

snowflake

bismuth

And that's just scratching the surface. More information in this Wikipedia entry, although there are probably far more detailed and thorough sources out there. This is a good start.

(All photos credit: Wikipedia, from source page)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, can you please tell me where I can download the IAS viewer for free, as you mention? Please provide the link so I can get cracking!

Thanks in advance! And by the way, I read here (I don't remember where exactly) that Zorgon has been banned from ATS? What happened?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fossy

What if Darwins theory of evolution was wrong, what if the transition between apes and man was not natural and that mankind as we now know it was aided in some way. By this I mean genetic engineering.

What transition between apes and man, thats not what Darwin said men and apes had a common ancestor thats why we share a large amount of DNA thats where the bible thumpers get confused men did not evolve from apes we evolved from a common ancestor along different branches of the tree of life!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
ArMaP, can you please tell me where I can download the IAS viewer for free, as you mention? Please provide the link so I can get cracking!

Apparently, it's no longer available, sorry.

And by the way, I read here (I don't remember where exactly) that Zorgon has been banned from ATS? What happened?

You know I cannot talk about that.

edit on 13/8/2012 by ArMaP because: bad quoting, again

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Damn! (On both counts!!)

edit on 13-8-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Really Interesting. There's a real difference?

www.news.com.au...

Science say... if on Earth = Could be Artificial Pyramid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Science say... if on Mars = Natural, can't be Artificial Pyramid

Uhm...
edit on 14-8-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by carlsmith

Pareidolia

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable
reply to post by carlsmith

Pareidolia

I agree but interesting all the same! Like this one....

My brain sees it as a head but I wanna see this as a monkey's ass, instead! But however hard I try, I can't! It just looks like a goddamn head! Period!

edit on 15-8-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
The methane could also come from chemical reactions in which buried volcanic rocks rich in the mineral olivine interact with water. But hey, what do I know?

It's quite a reasonable suggestion: one of my colleagues

He's an academic, I'm 'just' a lowly technician. I'm on leave at the moment,but when I return (in a month,gotta love leave accrual) I might pick his brains over this.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wow it seems i have come into this a wee bit late i am going to apologies and ask everyone over look my punctuation and all of that good stuff. It's not my strong point and as for why i am stating this i've seem many ridiculed for such also there intellect questioned.

Anywho back to the topic.. I think it is highly plausible that Mars has been visited maybe even colonized... The reason i say that is no pun intended but by looking at the stars. As stars age they get brighter and hotter meaning in the earlier days of the solar system the young suns Goldie Locks zone would have been in the vicinity of Mercury or Venus while the Earth was barren much like Mars. Now Unless by a series of fortunate events the earth and mankind popped up in the Goldie Locks zone.. Then one could say we once inhabited one of the two or possibly both planets chasing the Goldie Locks zone now to be able to jump planets transportation would be required and if that technology is available then visiting mars would be readily available,,,

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And in theory the next planet in line as the sun ages would have to be visited 100,000s of years before it's time to be moved on to.. First to set up means to pollute it via structures to introduce an atmosphere. Second introducing vegetation i think i have read moss and Lichen are the best candidates.. feeding of the Carbon Dioxide and what not. Also they would generate fresh soil while supplying nutrients that would allow shrubs and tress to thrive. Heck now one could argue the objects in the pictures are pollution stations and that even the Methane illustration is showing the progress being made by them,

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

I personally would bet my *life* that there was/is life on Mars.
I also the think they're gearing up to tell us this in future, due to the spoon feeding of little tidbits in the mainstream, they are hinting really hard lol.

I tend to agree with you on this. I keep thinking they are releasing pics and may let some tiny things "escape" on those pics for the public to mull over for a bit. Then give us a little more. Feeding us incremental amounts so we aren't totally shocked if/when total disclosure occurs. I could be wrong...it could just be wishful thinking. But I do strongly feel that is precisely what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Some great finds. I can say I'm almost convinced that Mars was inhabited at one point in time.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

Nice try there but tiny or even small crystalline ore samples just do not compare to these photos in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theitalian

Correction. Angela Micol says. But who is Angela Micol?
cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

The "D & M Pyramid" isn't much of a pyramid.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6e85bbffa12.png[/atsimg]
edit on 9/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by theitalian

Correction. Angela Micol says. But who is Angela Micol?
cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

The "D & M Pyramid" isn't much of a pyramid.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6e85bbffa12.png[/atsimg]
edit on 9/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

After 100.000 or 1.000.000 years a planet could change (and maybe it was a "pentagon" building)... in anyway, still "unusual" (not artificial for sure, but unusual).

edit on 2-9-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Awesome post, definitely some head scratchers in that collage. A lot of the images seem to make me think of the Nazca lines here on earth!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join