It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Weird Anomalies!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boiledeggs
For those of the 'natural anomalies' mindset, I'd be great full if someone posted satellite views of Earth showing known natural features that look man made. At least we'd know how often these things can happen

Why dont you google "rocks with faces" also the surface of the earth is a lot more active than Mars water,wind,quakes etc so these things will erode quicker.

Now if this was found on Mars no doubt some on here would claim it as proof of a giant statue buried in the ground

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think what we are and aren't being shown is very selective. I believe alien life is more common than we're allowed to know. The pictures of Mars just lend credence to that notion. They're slowly warming us up to the idea. Eventually they will drop the bomb on us and hope it doesn't cause widespread panic.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The formation that supposedly looks like a skull looks like a domed building to me. The eyes being the doorways. It reminds me of Luke Skywalker's childhood home.

Seriously, this photo is amazing if it is legit.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Thegrayones because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Great thread! I personally think that Mars activity isn't near as ancient as we think. Back in 1949 the astronomer who discovered Pluto saw what he described as an atomic detonation on the surface of Mars:

www.ufoevidence.org...

This was documented to the Naval Missile director in detail. There is much we don't know about Mars. Given Dr. Tombaugh's findings, we shouldn't rule out that either we are already on Mars, or some other race of beings is.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boiledeggs

hey there eggs~ check this one out ... had this formed on Mars, we'd be talking about it here ....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by excentryk

Yes... it's a great example... i just posted it on the previous page, but it probably got overlooked because it was the last post at the bottom of the page... (hate that... lol).

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
Hi Boiledeggs,

For me the jury is still out on anomalies on Mars, though as of yet I haven't seen anything that couldn't be explained in lots of different ways, and the ones that are most intriguing often seem to have dubious validity in terms of their source or the digital enhancing processes.

However, on reading your question, a couple of natural Earth anomalies instantly jumped to mind, and I thought I would share them. Chances are many ATS members have seen these, and there are others, but these were two off the top of my head.

Alberta Indian iPod

img source: Peoples Geography
The site this is from also has a nice article about it, and the co-ordinates on Google Earth, so you can find it yourself. Interestingly, the "iPod" is a man made road and an oil well.

Giants Causeway

img sources: great-britain.co.uk
This formation of basalt columns was due to a volcanic eruption approximately 60 million years ago, (according to this source and others I have read in the past). It has quite a varied history and folklore associated with it, as can be read on the source site.

Hope you enjoy!
Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

Oh no I did miss your post! (embarrrrrassing!) ~ geez I'd love to visit giant's causeway. I bet the Mono Lake formations in California would look interesting from space too ...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Has anyone been able to confirm the legitimacy of these photos yet?
-J

'Legitimacy'? That's why the image numbers have been etched on each image to help people like you go to NASA's relevant web site and dig out the originals themselves. That way they would know whether they are fake or not. I've checked and they all are from the originals!

The only issue is that the HiRISE images shown here have been extracted through the IAS viewer from Exelis Visual Information Solutions and ENVI image processing software which cost a bomb. The image resolution as seen through other resources like the free ones available are nowhere near as good.

I don't have the IAS Viewer and therefore cannot check out the resolutions as shown. But the 'anomalies' shown are very much there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I assume you've tried HiView? (free on the HiRISE website)

IAS and HiRISE don't work together anymore.

I don't like using HiView as much as IAS, but I'm pretty sure the image quality is comparable ... not that i've actually done any comparisons ...
edit on 8-8-2012 by excentryk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
'Legitimacy'? That's why the image numbers have been etched on each image to help people like you go to NASA's relevant web site and dig out the originals themselves.
But not in all images, these are anonymous.

The only issue is that the HiRISE images shown here have been extracted through the IAS viewer from Exelis Visual Information Solutions and ENVI image processing software which cost a bomb. The image resolution as seen through other resources like the free ones available are nowhere near as good.
Anyone can use HiView, like excentryk said, or download the JPEG2000 images and use the free IAS viewer, Kakadu or IrfanView (free) or Photoshop (not free) to view them. We can also download the images in IMG format, and see the images in NASA View or ISIS (only in Linux), both free.

As at least one of the images in the OP was posted by me (Mikesingh only had a low resolution JPEG image), I know that the resolution is exactly the same as it was.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
For many years I have held the belief that we as humans are not indiginous to the Earth. Something in the back of my mind says that we originated somewhere else instead. Science has discovered early human activity dating back around 500k years or so, but before that, at the moment, nothing.

What if Darwins theory of evolution was wrong, what if the transition between apes and man was not natural and that mankind as we now know it was aided in some way. By this I mean genetic engineering.

All this current interest in Mars has inspired me to post this, because my theory is that at some point in Mars history, it was indeed capable of harboring life. But, something went wrong, some catastrophic disaster destroyed the atmosphere and caused the seas and rivers to disappear, forcing the planets inhabitants to evacuate. Now as we all know, the nearest place is Earth, which leads me to my own theory that we are in fact the martians that every science fiction writer writes about.

I believe that the governments of the world suspect this, which is why so much interest in Mars. They are there to try and discover the truth. So this then begs a different question. What if they do find proof? would they tell us, or would it be buried alongside everything else?

Proof of that magnitude would mean that everything that we know, the religions of the world etc would have to be re-written. It would be the biggest discovery in mankinds history.

I am sure that there are others out there that share this same thought, I refuse to believe that I am the only person on the planet with this view.

Sure the curiosity rover is sending back some splendid pictures of rocks, craters etc, which NASA et al are happy to show the watching world, but what if it suddenly shows something startling, game changing shall we say?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fossy

I am sure that there are others out there that share this same thought, I refuse to believe that I am the only person on the planet with this view.

You will find a number of them on ATS. However, reality is not a matter of consensus or even majority and I'm not sure those who believe as you do are much more than a small minority.

edit on 8/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by fossy

You will find a number of them on ATS. However, reality is not a matter of consensus or even majority and I'm not sure those who believe as you do are much more than a small minority.

I just ate a cadbury carmello.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by fossy

Sadly this is probably true, after all aren't we all sheep? We believe what we are told to believe. Ok, here's a slightly different theory along the lines of my similar post.

In my previous post, I suggested that humans were not the indiginous lifeforms. My new theory suggests and as we all know the dinosaurs were the indiginous lifeforms of planet earth until that large asteroid wiped them out. So where did the asteroid come from?

Mars's topography is an unusual one, most of us on here know that Mars has a huge bulge on one side. What caused this, at the moment nobody really knows, maybe a collision of some sort. The Valles Marineris Trench, I believe was caused after such a collision and I also think that a huge chunk of rock was torn from the surface of Mars and sent hurtling through space thus ending the reign of the dinosaurs.

Lots of speculative theory could suggest that Nibiru collided with Mars, but who knows. There is definitely a lot of interesting stuff starting to happen on our little blue marble.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fossy

I absolutely concur indubitably , my good sir , although some will say that's crazy talk. Please dont let them fool you with circular logic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by carlsmith

No actually, there is indeed a rock looking like a human face and other things looking like animals, yeti, pharaoh so it does look like things and I am sure everyone will see them, the thing is, just formations, not artifical.

Agreed, there are lots of natural rock formations that look suspiciously like something artificial, but that just can't possibly be as it would require an impossibly high degree of intelligence. We've even got them here on earth:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The photos of anomalies dont sell me on the fact the are remenants of structures, The photos of seemlying faces etched into landscapes as if recording a message for one day explorers to the planet reminding them of their ancestory origin, No thats doesnt sell me either of proof.

The photos of the anomalies although many of them interesting, and compelling for another closer look are always just a little bit to unfocused to see the level of detail to know for sure.

Now thats the Proof, the he give away reason in my view Nasa is hiding something. As For "F.." Sake....how can every picture which has something strangely artifical witha unnatural made look, always just be a little too unfocused and blurry to be able to quantify with certainty it s artifical.

With all the then thousands of pics taken it cant just always be back luck with the imagine processiny quality, or zoom of the camera lens.

I admire Nasas engineer feats and im certain they are hard working crowd of really talented people. But no i dont buy and story they will have on explaining away them blurry photos as due to some technologica/ limiting characteristics of the camera and image processing equipment.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Can't wait to see the skeptics choke on their own puke when they finally prove the methane in Mars is being made by microbial life..either past or present! LOL there's no way else to produce it on Mars with no Volcano's. I got my bag of popcorn ready to throw it on those floundering neckbeards LOL!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RenalFailure

I think what we are and aren't being shown is very selective. I believe alien life is more common than we're allowed to know. The pictures of Mars just lend credence to that notion. They're slowly warming us up to the idea. Eventually they will drop the bomb on us and hope it doesn't cause widespread panic.

They wont drop the bomb on us with ET disclosure. The disclosure movement tried to do that last year by sending in a pertition letter to US gov asking for disclosure. The Government replied basically saying there is no evidence of aliens visiting earth, but Nasa and Seti are optomistic through their exploration efforts one day they may find proof of a exo-microcrobe, or some very lower order of biological life.

I felt sad and angry at the way the disclosure group seeks disclosure from the goverment. Sad because it is a bit of a false pretence for the Disclosure leaders to perpetuate a belief to people the Goverment will reveal existance of Ufos, or advanced civilisations on Mars. No they wont. Its something no Government would want to announce past, now or ever. If they did that it would make their jobs suddently 300% more complex having to manage integration of the Aliens/Ufo presence into the fragile regional, economic, social and miltary structures which hold togther the modern world.

And angry because there are practical and intelligent ways for civilian to coordinatetheir effors to prove ufos are in the sky. One of these is building a passive radar network. The anger comes from wondering why the Disclosure groups always seek the most torturous path to proof. I tried to point this out to some of their exopolitical leaders on facebook but was kinda ignore. When the reply came from the US goverment with the inevitable we dont know anything message i said told you so, which then she got angry at me. Therefore forget about pursing disclosure from the government, please dont waste the governments time with it. Just let the Goverment get on with what they are elected to do manage the home grown terrestrial issues.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
Can't wait to see the skeptics choke on their own puke when they finally prove the methane in Mars is being made by microbial life..either past or present!

Sceptics will be sceptics, that's what they (we) do. Being a sceptic is not the same as being a denier.

LOL there's no way else to produce it on Mars with no Volcano's.

From what I have seen in some discussions, it looks like it's possible to produce methane from rocks, a type a rock that exists on Mars, in the right conditions, but I'm sceptical about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join