It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Siegel, Florida Real Estate Mogul, Claims To Be 'Personally Responsible' For George W. Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Chalk this one up as an unfortunate slip-of-tongue.

David Siegel, the Florida real estate mogul behind timeshare company Westgate Resorts, claims that he was "personally responsible" for George W. Bush's 2000 presidential victory. When the subject comes up in a newly released documentary, Siegel declines to elaborate, stating, "it may not necessarily have been legal."

Wow.

Siegel's comments appear in director Lauren Greenfield's documentary "The Queen of Versailles."

The film follows Siegel and his wife, Jackie, as they set out to construct a giant 90,000-square-foot mansion in Florida modeled after Versailles. The ambitious building project was put on hold following the 2008 financial crisis. Magnolia Pictures, the film's distributor, did not make the video clip of Siegel's comments available to HuffPost.

I wasn't sure where exactly to put this. Considering ATS' swing to the right I doubt this will be a popular topic, but I found it interesting. David Siegel owns Westgate Resorts and has frequently stated he is the reason why Bush II won Florida.
en.wikipedia.org...

I have been trying to find more information about this claim. He refuses to elaborate. When pressed he simply stated " it may not necessarily have been legal". Perhaps he was just a very large donor who thinks a bit more highly or himself than he should? Or perhaps he is alleging he funded the Florida count debacle. He won't go into detail so it's all just speculation. I'm not entirely sure he's being honest. It may just be posturing for attention as he seems starved for it. He is apparently suing the filmmakers for "misrepresenting" the financial health of his business. The documentary is about his efforts to build his dream home, a copy of Versailles, in Florida.
edit on 1-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is just my opinion, but the Bush family and political as well as financial ties are the reason for Jr's 2000 victory. If it wasn't Siegel supporting the run someone else would have happily stepped in to help. There is just too much to gain when you can make the executive branch obligated to you.This is quite an interesting piece of information none the less. This guy might want to keep his mouth shut, these are things that get people killed.
edit on 1-8-2012 by GD21D because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I tend to be in agreement. 5 things were working in Bush's favor.

1. His brother was governor of the state.
2. The Sec. Of State happened to be Harris, another GOP ardent.
3. Bush's cousin worked for Fox news and called Florida for Bush knowing it was still too close to call.
4. 5 SCOTUS Justices
5. And of course, Hanging chads.

I still find this guys claims rather interesting though. Unless he was funding vote fraud on the ground...He's not going to openly admit to that however.
edit on 1-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Now, this might sound crazy and all that, but. I think and this is just me right the one thing that was responsible for George Bush Jnr becoming president of the United States was the fact

HIS DAD WAS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and the head of Americas secret police.

Oh and despite that fact there was obviously a lot of election rigging happening, people still did actualy vote for the clown, twice.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Interesting information regarding our political circus and that memorable election. Many say the same types of techniques were employed to get Obama into the White House. I guess each of the "candidates" is supposed to have their own time in Office when the time is right.

Money and influence come from both sides of the aisle. Let's see what rises out of the ashes in Novemeber.

top topics

join