It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between Dem/Rep first ladies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This issue is so unimportant to the overall debate of who should be present its not even funny.

So Democratic first ladies tend to have careers and Republican first ladies tend to be homemakers and tout literacy programs. Who flippin's cares.

The last first lady who mattered was Woodrow Wilson's wife Edith because of his declining health. She kept things rolling until he left office. Since then none of them have mattered with regards to the Presidency. If they do have control over policy decisions in a back room way then its ridiculous. All that matters is what their husbands do.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have a question, out of curiosity... put yourselves in the situation where the first female President of the United States is elected. Say, someone like Elizabeth Dole or Barbara Boxer...

What role would people be expecting from her husband?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
We can expect that he'll be kind of like a Clinton impersenation (like the SNL kind) going to ball games and the Apollo.

But I agree, this issue is so rediculous, that it can only be seen as a "Just for fun" topic (which maybe it is... I hope it is).

When it comes down to it, it makes no difference if both sides are equally as bad ends of the same stick.

Vote for your life!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
I have a question, out of curiosity... put yourselves in the situation where the first female President of the United States is elected. Say, someone like Elizabeth Dole or Barbara Boxer...

What role would people be expecting from her husband?

I would hope the same. If they have careers then continue them if they want to. If they want to initiate policy on their own as Hillary did then thats fine too. If they want to take care of the kids and start literacy awareness programs or something like that then fine. I think they should have the same opportunities and limitations that any first lady would have.

If a woman is president (and I sincerely hope this happens) then she should be the one making the decisions and leading the country. The right woman would be just as good at being president (if not better imo) as any man and wouldn't need added input from her husband that male president doesn't already get from his wife.

Good point, I'm glad you brought it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The only thing Hilary did was tell them all to shove their "sit and home and bake cookies' attitude up their you know whats. I don't particular think she's all that, but what I do see is an irrational witch hunt by her detractors.

Now, on the other hand, there's also nothing wrong with GW Bush's wife either. In fact, I like her much more than I like her husband.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join