It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Rainwater Belongs to the Government: Man in Jail for Collecting Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here is yet the latest in the Government criminalizing permaculture, claiming that it owns the air that we breathe, the land that we live on, the water that falls from the sky.

Jackson County officials initially granted Gary Harrington "permits" to build ponds back in 2003. Yes, in Oregon you actually need to beg for permission from the government just to have a pond on your own land. But the state of Oregon revoked his permits a few years later, after he had already created the ponds, thus putting Harrington in the position of being a "water criminal" who was "stealing" rainwater from the state.

Read on:

Tom Paul, administrator of the Oregon Water Resources Department, is an obedient water Nazi. He insists, "Oregon law that says all of the water in the state of Oregon is public water and if you want to use that water, either to divert it or to store it, you have to acquire a water right from the state of Oregon before doing that activity."

Seriously? If water falls into my dog's dish out in the backyard, I need permits for him to drink it? REALLY?

What he means, of course, is not that the water is "public" water, but that it's government water. The government owns it, and if you "steal" from the government by, for example, damming up rainwater runoff from your own land, you will go to jail.

How true this is:

Much like California, Oregon is increasingly becoming a collectivist state. You didn't build that! The government built that! You don't own that! The government owns that! That rainwater that just fell on your land? That's the government's rainwater, and you're going to jail if you try to steal from the government!

(By the way: The man was sentenced to 30 days in jail and must pay a $1500 fine.)

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 1-8-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Does it also work the other way around? For instance, can I sue the government for dumping unwanted water on my land, or is there any other kind of way to counter this ridiculous rule?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I read your OP but I really dont think its the truth at all... sounds like some site set-up against the Government!!

Water is free resource.... no one owns it or can claim to own it IMO and i'm gonna get peeeed if anyone says they do....

Its just like Fruit & Veg.... why should we pay for Fruit & Veg which has been growing here since dawn of man??

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
After reading about his conviction it actualy seems like he wasnt collecting rain water at all, but was diverting water from local creeks and tributaries into his land. Which, by the way is illegal in just about every country I could think off, ESPECIALY if the state or government uses those creeks/tributaries etc for providing resident with water.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
crazy story only in america

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join