It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the joker and James Holmes connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

i get it now he said he was the joker “you know what i noticed, nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plans are horrifying. If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will get blown up, nobody panics. But when I say one little old mayor will die, everyone loses their minds!! Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.” (The joker, Batman The Dark Knight) nobody gives a # if 100 people get blown up in the middle east because we expect that but if 12 people get shot in america the whole world goes ape# he is the joker

found that here not sure if thats the original source

www.tumblr.com...

im off to work guys ill jump in here a bit later to share my thoughts.

peace

LOL at the comment at the botttom oof that link...

I am seriously 5 minutes away from going to the movies by my muthafckin self. I’ve waited too long for this.

i feel the same way i feel like i NEED to see this movie...
edit on 1-8-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don't know much about this story, but i'm left wondering if those were actually his intentions at all. In other words, did the killer intend on conveying the message of planned killings vs surprise shooting?

Especially considering i see a lot of articles on here questioning whether the "joker" image was completely fabricated by the media, it's left me confused what his actual motives were and if they were joker related.

Also, your link is simply a keyword search for "the dark knight rises" on tumblr. It'll bring up anything recently posted on tumblr relating to the movie

EDIT: Also, the joker actually killed the cops, and i saw many explosions in the dark knight. Holmes warned the police of an imminent threat?
edit on 1-8-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wonder if the colorado incident has had a negative overall effect on the movie, or positive. I know people who are afraid to see it because they think they are doing an injustice to the deceased. I think its craziness. Great movie, but this holmes is another psycho using media as a scapegoat to claim insanity.

Tom Waits is the real joker anyhow

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fierita

I have seen it twice know and its a great movie People should not let some psychopath scare them out of doing what they really enjoy

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Was it ever even confirmed that he did actually identify himself as The Joker? From what I gathered, the source that gave that info to the media was an unidentified federal agent. If it was confirmed I stand corrected but even then who really knows what to believe? Honestly, The Joker moniker makes little sense within the context of the situation, and the rest of the details haven't added up in my mind from the very beginning. There's way more to this but we will probably never know the true story.

top topics

join